BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew and Shaw

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Global @#/? marketing? How about we employ some people who can get the club into a position where people on the planet see us as something other than a laughing stock first?

Global advisor and now global marketing. What do these two positions have in common? They are employed by Venkys and not Rovers (i.e. they are not board members). Silvester ans Shaw are still board members and employed by Rovers despite messing up last season and costing the club fortunes. Why can't venkys sack them?

It's becoming very clear venkys are not in full control of rovers. Those who think they are just incompetent are very naive. Bigger forces at play here.

Global advisor and now global marketing. What do these two positions have in common? They are employed by Venkys and not Rovers (i.e. they are not board members). Silvester ans Shaw are still board members and employed by Rovers despite messing up last season and costing the club fortunes. Why can't venkys sack them?

It's becoming very clear venkys are not in full control of rovers. Those who think they are just incompetent are very naive. Bigger forces at play here.

Exactly R11. What is this fixation with fookin ''global''??? We are not global in fact we aren't even big in fookin Blackburn anymore.

The club is a wreck , ruined by morons, facilitated by sleepy authorities wanting an easy life and will have to end up in financial ruin and out of existence.

This MB will be about all thats left of our club.

Didnt the Football league say this week they couldnt investigate and that company law is that the directors duty is to do whats best for the Club-bad management not being a crime?? maybe Company law is the route to hanging these baz tards before its too late.

Global marketing, my fat arse!!!! and whoever you are good fookin luck with your season tickets!!

So the club are now saying 'we need to just move on'???

But the club started the whole mess and made it public with their defence, the club have made a big deal out of it all, not the other way round, they started the ball rolling and brought it all out. Aggers especially as he controls the website and he placed the Shaw details there.

We're just like Eastenders, scripted and following a 5hitty plot.

“Derek was brought in last June as managing director and remains in position having met with the owners. We just need to move on.”

What a slimy twot that Agnew is!

In the unforgettable words of Mandy Rice Davies...... "Well he would say that wouldn't he?"

“Derek was brought in last June as managing director and remains in position having met with the owners. We just need to move on.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10413665.Dunn_backs_Bowyer_for_Blackburn_Rovers_job/

Agnew and Shaw make me sick to my stomach.

Something is definitely not right at the Rovers, above and beyond mere incompetence.

Can't your elected representatives shine the spotlight on the mess?

" Is there a hole for me to get sick in?" ( Well I always assumed Bob Dylan was a Rovers fan)

Shagnew insults our intelligence. As if his previous LT "interview" wasn't bad enough!

What about one teaspoonful of ownership, responsibility, accountability, integrity? And such arrogance from one who is not fit to tie the boots of those, who went before.

EE -AAWW...Nobody "moves on" with mere avoidance.There is a world of difference between moving on and sssss-sliding away into the undergrowth....end of rant!

Time the LT planned some sharper questions and published what wasn't answered etc

Worth remembering that the only Director (or anyone from Directors, owners and global adviser) who responded to the invitation to make a written submission to the Judge was Agnew who in a long rambling discourse explained how Shaw was out of control of the Board and owners and why/how the club could not act.

Basically, Agnew argued Shebby apparently acted beyond his powers in suspending Shaw thereby creating a potential Employment Tribunal problem but Shaw was a problem kid anyway who was going to get his bottom smacked later.

Frankly, this was utter rubbish. I understand Shebby was within the powers the owners granted to him although whether an English Court of Law would have upheld those powers is another matter. Shaw had been accused of a criminal act in writing (cheating) by Mrs D and there is nothing in English Employment practise that prevents the immediate suspension of a Managing Director accused of cheating pending a full disciplinary.

The key point is that Agnew's masters decided that Shaw could be jettisoned for the purpose of the Court hearing then brought back in as though nothing had happened.

Bizarre is not the word for it.

The key point is that Agnew's masters decided that Shaw could be jettisoned for the purpose of the Court hearing then brought back in as though nothing had happened.

Exactly, you rub our backs and we'll rub yours, toads the lot of em!

Worth remembering that the only Director (or anyone from Directors, owners and global adviser) who responded to the invitation to make a written submission to the Judge was Agnew who in a long rambling discourse explained how Shaw was out of control of the Board and owners and why/how the club could not act.

Basically, Agnew argued Shebby apparently acted beyond his powers in suspending Shaw thereby creating a potential Employment Tribunal problem but Shaw was a problem kid anyway who was going to get his bottom smacked later.

Frankly, this was utter rubbish. I understand Shebby was within the powers the owners granted to him although whether an English Court of Law would have upheld those powers is another matter. Shaw had been accused of a criminal act in writing (cheating) by Mrs D and there is nothing in English Employment practise that prevents the immediate suspension of a Managing Director accused of cheating pending a full disciplinary.

Bizarre is not the word for it.

One part I'd like to understand better is why is Slyvester being dragged into it all?

At the end of the day I don't believe a single word in the court case and suspect it's all a load of Keans. People seem convinced it represents the two factions warring as has been said but alas I just think it's a @#/? story to try and get away from the @#/? up at the club with his contract. It's far from the first time we've seen these clerical errors at Rovers, remember Appletons transfer deadline day shenanigans. He (shaw) defied Madame and walked away scott-free with two jolly little holidays, as if I had issue with Shaw and he represented a shadow owner, my issue would be with the shadow and not shaw. And yet shaw goes to india twice? Another aspect I struggle with is that if I was the EPL / FA and was aware there were issues at Rovers ala joint owners and this @#/? came out, well I'd be rather @#/? and vocal as all the case does is make people aware there is an issue at Rovers and adds suspicion.

Who is to say the "joint owners" haven't been to Pune and made their voice heard loud and clear just before Shaw and Sylvester's disciplinary whitewash?

The FA have invited the Venky's in for tea and biscuits following the Court case.

Guest Norbert

I am assuming like me, you are not confident that the FA are going to do much, if anything to get to the bottom of this whole ownership/control issue because they may have good friends involved in the murky stuff that has been going on.

Anything for a quiet life I'd imagine. They'll be keeping their heads down and the fact it is only little old unfashionable BRFC means there will be no one of any note championing our cause and keeping it in the public eye.

Anything for a quiet life I'd imagine. They'll be keeping their heads down and the fact it is only little old unfashionable BRFC means there will be no one of any note championing our cause and keeping it in the public eye.

I think you are spot on, the FA will not want any undue attention, and all the FA & associate slimeballs will wish to continue to keep their snouts in the trough.

The demise of a small Lancashire club is surely a small price for them to pay, and it's not like any of the media will give a toss, is it.

Archived