SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

throwing-up.gif

Urgh. I hate when we don't have a game on Saturday but reading threads on a Rovers board discussing how good Bumley are is the pits.

Roll on March.

Unfortunately Stu, the table doesn't lie :( Burnleh have stumbled onto a bizarre run of excellent form. Difficult to fathom... but nonetheless, 35 years B)

Just on the squad thing, allowing for the fact that we have nothing outside say 14 players which will be a nightmare in the end, the season we won the play offs we played more games than any other team in England besides Man Utd due to great runs in the cup competitions then the plays offs and I think we only used 20 players. Wish I could remember exact numbers but I think it was 65 games. I think the point I'm trying to make is a huge squad isn't needed, around 20/21 good players is what you need.

do you have 20/21 good players tho??? will be interesting to see if your manager will change formation if any of your main 2 strikers get injury.

I am very happy with Rovers squad depth and strength in depth aswell.

The best teams are always greater than the sum of their parts. Great credit to the manager but don't totally write off some of the talent, particularly Ings, Vokes, Shackel, Trippier - oh and the keeper isn't looking half bad.

But yeah there's a real work ethic and togetherness that is winning the games, over half way to the safety target now and a 20 point cushion on the bottom 3. Of course we won't win it or be top 6, let alone top 2 but that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy this spell where, despite what you might think, we are playing some decent stuff. Readings keeper today was outstanding, we really should have been out of sight.

Got to say Longers, I enjoy reading your posts on here. Can't say I'm ecstatic about the current status quo but fair dos, you rightly must be.

Just a shame from your perspective that the season doesn't end mid October but c'est la vie.

Could it be a case that Burnley have cum early, totally unexpected and outside the box as a deliberate measure?

Go to say it would be great for East Lancs if in March Rovers and Clarets are both vying for promotion and the game takes on much more than just local bragging rights.

No we don't, we've got 14 at most.

You can end the season tomorrow for me Darren but as you say, cest la vie, I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts. Next game is QPR and they have a squad packed with talent, in fact when you think about it the only player of ours they would want they took. We'll do well not to get a drubbing in that one.

On the March thing though, don't think my heart could survive the game itself actually have value beyond bragging rights.

Queen's Park Rangers are a bunch of clean sheets, I find it interesting, I know it's happened before. Drubbing other clubs?? Still, for going up, I'd take solid goalkeeping and defence.

QPR 2 1 Sheffield Wednesday

Huddersfield 1 1 QPR

QPR 1 0 Ipswich

Bolton 0 1 QPR

QPR 1 0 Birmingham

QPR 0 0 Brighton & Hove

Yeovil 0 1 QPR

QPR 2 0 Middlesbrough

QPR 2 0 Barnsley

http://int.soccerway.com/teams/england/queens-park-rangers-fc/702/

Isn't that phenomenal, this means no one has scored against them since August 10th in League Games.

Looks like Joey Barton is back training with them, for awhile I think he was not shown to be in the squad.

I guess all that solid goalkeeping is down to Robert Green.

You could make the case that they are not playing the top clubs and that stat of course, changes all the time especially when the norm is 2 matches a week.

Think Derby and 'Boro may try to make a charge to the playoff spots as well, some clubs will have those 3-6th places no matter who drops a game here and there.

Haven't you read this thread? It's because we are only playing kean teams

Ha, calm down. Fair play you got a good result today but that doesn't alter the fact that you had an easier ride than most for the first couple of months. I suppose that doesn't matter though when you're top of the league and just happy to have the points in the bag.

Dyche is some lucky sod to lose a top goal scorer in Austin and then have Ings and Vokes to come in and hit form. It's usually a struggle trying to replace a prolific scorer, and he got two given to him without having to scour the market!

Indeed booth, then again look at that list of QPR results, only Brighton from the top 10 on it I think.

Once again it's proving to be a league that is all over the place. Right now I couldn't predict any results, for us or any other team. Look at Doncaster beating Leicester yesterday.

Fair play to Burnley, they are where they are because they have a group of hardworking players who play for each other as a team, plus it helps when you have a couple of strikers who hit form. The deserved draw Rovers got at Turf Moor is looking like a very decent result now. They have much more potential to stay in the top 6 than Blackpool who will slowly trickle down into mid table with their lack of goals.

I feel Rovers are going in a similar direction under Bowyer's guidance. The players he has brought into the team appear to want to play for each other too, and it is a key ingredient for success in the Championship in my opinion. We clearly have players of a good enough quality to be top half and pushing the playoffs.

Blackpool have 4 straight Championship draws and then, before those, a loss to Millwall.

But where this incident occurred was vs. Bournemouth, 14, Sept.

it just coincides with this form, makes you wonder.

Speaking of England, good article from the BBC per that England team that missed going to World Cup USA 1994 by losing to Netherlands. Ince played for that team. Picture of him on that page. I feel a bit sorry for him though he clearly shouldn't lose it like that, now Blackpool have been spinning their wheels.

Paul Ince banned from ALL stadiums for the next 5 games. I assume that he will not be present for the Rovers game.

He doesn't make things easy for himself does he! Not sure how much of an advantage this gives teams though, still don't think he's that good a maanger despite their decent position.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8964415/harry-redknapp-reveals-extent-of-qpr-dressing-room-indiscipline

Harry lifts lid on QPR debacle from last season. Ryan Nelsen described it as 'the worst dressing room he's ever been part of'. I guess Kean's Rovers couldn't be included since he was more or less banished from the squad!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8964415/harry-redknapp-reveals-extent-of-qpr-dressing-room-indiscipline

Harry lifts lid on QPR debacle from last season. Ryan Nelsen described it as 'the worst dressing room he's ever been part of'. I guess Kean's Rovers couldn't be included since he was more or less banished from the squad!

Pfffft he was injured :blink::)

I think it's more the problems caused when you can't bring the players you want in and somebody else is pulling the transfer strings. It stops you building a team spirit and getting the individuals required to fight for the team. That's what he managed to establish at Rovers, generally.

Archived