BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Championship is shaping up as expected really. Barring the Dingles and Blackpool who have sadly over achieved, the sides at the top are the ones you'd expect to be up there. I'd say Bolton are the big surprise. But i'm still fairly sure the Blackpool and Burnley bubble will burst and Bolton will pick up.

As for our performance, again, we are about where i expect us to stay. We'll have good weeks and bad weeks. Only to be expected of a young side and rookie manager. But i'm pretty certain we will be mid table and if the side clicks (which will only really be evident by Christmas or thereabouts) then we might have a late run at the play offs. But i very much doubt that.

Okay, i dont want to start a new topic , but i've got a question.

I'm going to london. and i want to visit QPR against Rovers(07.12.13). Ofcourse i want to be near to Rovers fans(Rover's sector),so from where am i suppose to buy a ticket? That would be my the first away game (ever) ,so i'm not sure how am i suppose to entry with/at/to (:D) Blackburn fans

• Backroom

Looking at the Huddersfield match thread we really have become a bunch of negative, whining fans. Yes, today's result and performance wasn't the best, was definately a home game we should have been looking for 3 points from. And yes, it's horrible seeing Burnley up there in 2nd place.

But the positives are the last 5 games have yielded 2 wins, 2 draws, and 1 loss. At an average of 1.6 points a game, if we could do that over the whole season, it would have put us in the play-offs in 2 out of the last 4 Championship seasons, and see us miss out by a point or so in the other 2 seasons.

So, not a million miles off where we need to be.

That's solid enough form for me, considering we have started the season with such a large number of new players that are still learning to play together, and considering we have been hit so hard by injuries (particularly to creative players).

We got our 1st clean sheet in donkey's today too.

It's certainly not all doom and gloom IMO, and I feel a lot better today than I did a year ago with coco in charge and us sitting in 2nd position.

The phrase "mid-table team" seems to be getting thrown around a lot, and in a negative context. Personally, I am happy enough with that for now. Some may call that unambitious but after the last 3 years and everything we have been through, and the total overhaul of the squad, surely it's to be expected.

And out of the last 4 seasons again, at mid-March, the mid-table team (12th position) has on average only been about 6-8 points behind a play-off position. So, within a couple of wins of competing for the play-offs with around 10 games to go.

If we can show some consistency through the season and hang around in the 9th- 12th position then you always have a chance at a late run for the play-offs. Which is surely more than anyone predicted at the start of the season. And I see no reason from how we have performed so far to not think this is how our season might pan out. Would we have enough in the locker to push on in the final quarter of season and achieve this? Who knows, but I certainly want to be at least within reach, and the way we are going I think we will be.

It's certainly not all rosy at the club, I get that, just for me I see more positives than negatives at the moment, and it's a long time since I have thought that. Long may it continue.

Well Burnley went off like a rocket with their 1 season in the Premier League, and then failed. The same might happen again. And yes, there is a real smell of entitlement amongst our fans. We've had a hammer drill shoved into our bowels via our bum hole and people demand instant promotion and restoration of our pre-Venky's position.

I noticed that Lingard that has been mentioned here had a pretty good debut.

I'm going to london. and i want to visit QPR against Rovers(07.12.13). Ofcourse i want to be near to Rovers fans(Rover's sector),so from where am i suppose to buy a ticket? That would be my the first away game (ever) ,so i'm not sure how am i suppose to entry with/at/to (:D) Blackburn fans

Don't think we'll sell out QPR away so you should be able to get a ticket in the away end on the day

I'm going to london. and i want to visit QPR against Rovers(07.12.13). Ofcourse i want to be near to Rovers fans(Rover's sector),so from where am i suppose to buy a ticket? That would be my the first away game (ever) ,so i'm not sure how am i suppose to entry with/at/to ( :D) Blackburn fans

You might contact the London Branch of BRFC Supporters if they still exist.

Clough getting fired is indeed weird - perhaps something going on behind the scenes?

I bet Freedman - or dare I say "wee Dougie" - is fired either before or right after their match against highflying Blackpool on tuesday. Only managing a draw against Yeovil at home is by no means good enough (no insult towards Yeovil though...). Perhaps this will be the start of another manager-merry-go-round like last autumn? Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if someone in the championship decided to give Di Canio a chance. For some reason Bolton seems a good fit!

I can see Vokes and or Ings being targetted by other clubs the way they're banging them in. Especially if we keep fending off attention for Rhodes.

Archived