BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Burnley are being linked with a move for Ashley Barnes from Brighton.

Seen him play a lot and can honestly say he's one of the worst strikers in this league. Absolutely atrocious. They are in big trouble this year if that is the calibre of player they are chasing.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley are being linked with a move for Ashley Barnes from Brighton.

Seen him play a lot and can honestly say he's one of the worst strikers in this league. Absolutely atrocious. They are in big trouble this year if that is the calibre of player they are chasing.

I've only heard our name being linked with him...

Crikey, I hope not! It's in the Daily Mirror that Burnley want him.

Just seen that, who knows. As you say hope not. Think we're still actively looking for a striker though. Surely that means Best is on his way..

Notice Vaz Te has handed in a transfer request at Upton Park..

Nixon linking us strongly with him. Can't say I know much about him other than he got a lengthy ban for tripping a ref.

His stats are 'ok' I guess but not stellar. We must be looking for a striker and being fair we ain't got a pot to @#/? in so whoever we get won't be being chased by many other clubs at this level I wouldn't have thought.

We need at least a striker and a midfielder though, not sure we will get the business done though. On that note Jones had a poor game Tuesday, mind you he wasn't the only one.

Indeed rover11 but its a marathon not a sprint and we all know there are some well resourced and very good teams who will ultimately push their way into the top. Just pleased to get points on the board early, might save me a few more grey hairs come March/April.

Hoping the 14th will be a cracker - I'm very much of the view right now that we could do without this international break!

Wee Dougie must be under pressure now, Coyle was binned off fairly sharpish and toad of toad hall isn't known for being patient with managers.

• Backroom

Indeed rover11 but its a marathon not a sprint and we all know there are some well resourced and very good teams who will ultimately push their way into the top. Just pleased to get points on the board early, might save me a few more grey hairs come March/April.

Hoping the 14th will be a cracker - I'm very much of the view right now that we could do without this international break!

Wee Dougie must be under pressure now, Coyle was binned off fairly sharpish and toad of toad hall isn't known for being patient with managers.

Huge game as always but you can beat us to take you top of the league, your guys will be really up for it and I would have you as slight favourites due to home advantage

Dyche is doing what Ince is doing, make a team hard to beat and get the basics right and there's every chance you be nearer the top than the bottom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I know it's early in the season, but the Millwall board must already be thinking they made a massive mistake with Lomas. Losing 4-1 at home to Derby atm, and they've had an awful start to the season. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets the chop soon, especially if things don't improve within the next few games.

5-1 now.

Puts our current problems into perspective. Some players are really out of form, but at least our results seem to be chugging along and the whole team isn't rank bad. I'd rather our form than Milwall's or Bolton's.

Looking at the table I think we're exactly where we should be - a mid table championship team.

On the negative side, the top 2 teams have double the points we have, (how on earth are Blackpool doing well under that berk Ince, how?) whilst play offs look a tall order - with Leeds (like their manager a lot, doing very well with what he has), Forest and Leicester being three of the occupying teams, who I think will be hard to shake from there.

Positives - it is still early days. Realize that there is a heck of a lot of football still to be played, and these performances and the table are still all early indicators. A lot can happen and change. Added to which Watford for all their dubiously acquired talent are only one point ahead of us, whilst Ipswich and Reading, both of whom i'd class as good quality teams, are below us in the table. Clearly this championship lark isn't a walk in the park for any team, and shows that mid-table is not a place for us to be too disheartened about inhabiting.

Another positive is that we should not have any worry about relegation, based partly on the fact some teams are looking very shaky. As others have stated Millwall look in a right state, and imo lack the quality to survive. Equally it looks like Bolton are really going to struggle, which is a surprise given the quality of the team, and how the manager did last season. However, they are in a really bad run of form, and it doesn't look like turning round. Added to which I think the likes of Yeovil, Brum, Sheff Weds and Charlton who're all already near the bottom which supports my suspicions that they'll be in for hard seasons. All of which, early indicators suggest, means we should be looking upwards rather than down.

Unless of course Venkys pull another mishap from their bag of tricks.

Lomas surely has to go. He was allowed to bring in his own players in the summer but it's simply not working out. They look a shambles. A strange appointment in the first considering the fans hate him.

Freedman`s situation is slightly different. His hands were tied in the transfer market and wasn't given any funds to bring any quality into the side (apart from spearing). They lost Dawson who went back to wba, Holden and Mark Davies through injury. When your two main strikers are ngog and beckford, and your two centre halves are knight and wheater, it's no real surprise they are struggling.

Paul Ince is working wonders at Blackpool so far. Surely it can't continue?

Wigan have started slowly which surprises me. Watford are not impressing as much as I thought they would. Forest and QPR look like the team's to beat.

At the moment it's looking like QPR and Forest but even later than this last year it looked like Cardiff and Leicester. The only ones who run away with it are the Newcastle's and West Brom's. Everyone was waiting for Cardiff to slip up like they usually do but I guess you could count them.

QPR will go up, then who knows? Probably between Forest, Wigan and Watford for the other automatic place.

Then us, Blackpool, Leicester, Bolton, Leeds, and Brighton along with maybe Charlton, Burnley, Ipswich and Derby vying for the playoff places.

Talent like that ' It's a gift ' surely !

The natives are restless, the wolves are gathering at the door.

One shot on target, in the last minute I hear.

I still think their decision to get rid of Kevin Davies will come back and bite them. I was told that the decision to let him go didn't go down well with the rest of the squad.

At the moment it's looking like QPR and Forest but even later than this last year it looked like Cardiff and Leicester. The only ones who run away with it are the Newcastle's and West Brom's. Everyone was waiting for Cardiff to slip up like they usually do but I guess you could count them.

QPR will go up, then who knows? Probably between Forest, Wigan and Watford for the other automatic place.

Then us, Blackpool, Leicester, Bolton, Leeds, and Brighton along with maybe Charlton, Burnley, Ipswich and Derby vying for the playoff places.

I've every confidence that what GB is building will see us in the mix come the end of April. Assuming that is that Charlie Corolli and crew don't roll back into town.

I've every confidence that what GB is building will see us in the mix come the end of April. Assuming that is that Charlie Corolli and crew don't roll back into town.

We need to turn Ewood into a fortress, not too bad so far apart from last minute against Forest, if we can do that and grab around four more wins away from home we should be in a play-off position.

Tough away games against the likes of Leicester(Tues), we need to totally change our way of approaching these games from last season,

IMO no point in sitting back hoping for a lucky point, as we seemed to do so often against the better teams, best to go all-out for a win,

after all one point gets you nowhere in this league, and we usually ended up getting beaten by 3/4 anyway.

We've got some decent players and the best scorer in this division, lets be more positive away from home.

• Moderation Lead

Millwall fans behaving like it's the '80s again. Disgrace. They are shocking at the minute though, think someone pointed it out above, but Lomas looks a terrible appointment.

Yet another one of Nicko's gems....

Archived