BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

It appears to me that the only clubs taking any notice of FFP are the ones using it as an excuse not to introduce any more funding.

A/ It doesn't apply until next season when nearly all of our high paid non players are out of contract.

B/ It is being challenged in the European courts and I personally cannot see how owners can legally be prevented from introducing money into companies that they own. I think that it is a dead duck.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears to me that the only clubs taking any notice of FFP are the ones using it as an excuse not to introduce any more funding.

A/ It doesn't apply until next season when nearly all of our high paid non players are out of contract.

B/ It is being challenged in the European courts and I personally cannot see how owners can legally be prevented from introducing money into companies that they own. I think that it is a dead duck.

Completely agree, Platini and his FFP plans aren't worth the paper they're written on. So many clubs are defying the rules that it's obvious they're confident these rules aren't enforceable. they'll be thrown out in court IMO, and if not the only clubs that will get away with it will be the big European clubs. The lower league teams will be the ones who get shafted

QPR set to sign Scott Parker in the next 48 hours. Is he another Danny Murphy and past his best even at championship level?

Personally, I think he is a cracking signing for them. Rumours that Defoe is also on his way to QPR. If they sign those 2 players then they will walk this league.

Also, apparently Troy Deeney is leaving Watford for Spurs or Fulham. Think they will struggle to keep Deeney tbh.

• Backroom

If QPR get Parker and Defoe to add to their current squad then they will be Champions IMO.

And it will also be 2 more losses in our column and 6 points dropped.

And the thought of having to watch Hoillett score in a win at Ewood is making me want to vomit. Although, at least he is plying his trade in the Championship and not in the top 4 along with Samba like they both professed.

If QPR get Parker and Defoe to add to their current squad then they will be Champions IMO.

And it will also be 2 more losses in our column and 6 points dropped.

And the thought of having to watch Hoillett score in a win at Ewood is making me want to vomit. Although, at least he is plying his trade in the Championship and not in the top 4 along with Samba like they both professed.

Too many egos tho? Still not totally convinced by QPR. They have a lot of talent but I think the problems run deeper than that.

In saying that, surely with Parker and Defoe they would go up as champions.

Too many egos tho? Still not totally convinced by QPR. They have a lot of talent but I think the problems run deeper than that.

In saying that, surely with Parker and Defoe they would go up as champions.

Agree. Lots of egos, and question marks over how much they will "want it" especially on a wet winters night in Barnsley, for example. One thing you need in this league is fight, and I think there are big question marks over the hunger of the QPR squad.

If Defoe and Parker sign, assuming they stay injury free, they will be in a very strong position for promotion. I do wonder though about players who should and seem able to hack it still at premier league dropping down a level. Both signings should be great, but the question mark will be over how hungry they are. We've been stung before on this.

Green, Simpson, Dunne, Onuoha, Clint Hill, Luke Young, Jenas, Karl Henry, Faurlin, Gary O'Neil, Parker?, Wright-Phillips, Austin, Defoe? Zamora is definitely a very good squad at this level. I included Faurlin in there because he played in this division for them before.

If the likes of Mbia and Granero leave and they bring in a few more of the right players, they'll be definite favourites imo.

• Moderation Lead

I'm yet to be convinced by QPR, they don't appear to have learned from last season in terms of their transfer policy.

Just buying everyone doesn't mean a thing. Last season on paper they had a squad that was easily mid table- then they went down with a whimper.

qpr have plenty of grafters and players who have played in this league before, wigan and qpr will walk this league, then you have the likes of Watford, forest, Bolton, reading and Leicester, can even see and Ipswich or a leeds challenging.

Forest after Sako & Vaz Te..... Good side Billy is building there ...... We had a chance to appoint him but Shebby didn't know about him ....

Now we have a Rooki manager who thinks he will get promotion with the likes of Lowe......

I think the plan is for Eddie to convert the debt into equity, things are happening to move towards this. As for interest payments, apparently they are put through the accounts but not actually paid.

I think everyone is worried what happens when Eddie is no longer here, but equally most clubs have similar problems. Fact he's still backing us as shown with the Spearing signing this week despite being relegated is a good sign.

Well no they aren't, very few clubs outside the the top few have anything like that level of debt. I remember reading a little bit on the Bolton debt a while back and I thought that one of the reasons it was so high was that the interest is just added each year - so the actual amount loaned is a lot lower than the total debt. Also all this 'Uncle Eddie' stuff - wasn't he taking a fee of about 10 million a year out of the club?

This is true lads, my mates company fibrlec are the new principle sponsor at Bolton and there's no debt...the cheques are signed by Eddie Davies and quote "it's a drop in the ocean" (in reference to the £100m that he has pumped in.

It's actually the same as us...we're in no debt now. Venkys have personally funded us

Any news on the loan striker??

Again not sure on this. Whilst clearly a very wealthy man he's no Sheik Mansoor or Abramovich. Mind you like I said, I'm not certain that he has actually put 100 million in, some of it is interest added to the principle I think.

Anyway, back to the main points, football. On Rhodes, I can't see any club at this level spending 10 million on a player.

Decent result for us at the weekend, keeps our unbeaten run going. Need to make sure we win Saturday because we've 3 tricky games following that one, culminating in the home game against you lot.

Decent result for us at the weekend, keeps our unbeaten run going. Need to make sure we win Saturday because we've 3 tricky games following that one, culminating in the home game against you lot.

Champagne already on ice I trust longsider? You have the best chance of popping that cork for 35 years.

Nope theno, this is us against you and the last 3 and a bit decades have taught me better - every time we play you it is 'the best chance' to end the streak - so far it hasn't happened.

I did, and still do, feel that last season really was the best chance and I can't see us having a better one any time soon.. Whatever problems and weaknesses you see in yourselves this season you are not fighting the instability like last year and you look a much more solid team, shorn of some of the 'stars' that I feared last time that simply did not perform (notable Murphy!). On current form I'd say it will be another tight affair but we've both only played 2 games and come the close of the transfer window things maybe quite different - still a real chance we will lose Trippier in my opinion. No rumours but, IMO of course, he is easily one of the best attacking full backs in this division.

So no champagne but plans for a post match @#/? up - be it in celebration or mourning.

Archived