BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if this ends up being another season where 2-3 wins in a row puts you in the play-offs and equally 2-3 losses puts you in the relegation mire. Probably will be a surprise contender for the automatic spots as well - no predictions from me though. Insane league this is.

Rhodes doesn't seem to be the missing piece for them they look like they need strikers who will work hard to create

It looks like they need any player who can create. So many shades of Rovers watching them.

http://uk.soccerway.com/

I don't recall Charlton Doncaster originally being SUSP.

Wonder if something happened??

Okay, cause of torrential rain.

"Looks like Doncaster manager Paul Dickov has managed to persuade referee Lee Collins to continue with the game with his side 3-0 up against Charlton. Play has resumed after the players were taken off the pitch because of torrential rain."- BBC

Doncaster winning big time today... again....

Wincey near the top and Wee Dougie near the bottom.

'Tis an odd league, and no mistake.

Spot on. Based on performances last year you'd expect them to be the other way round, regardless of the hype.

Two of my picks for the promotion mix are struggling. Ipswich haven't made a good start - although they have had tough games. Likewise with Reading. Still early days but not ideal starts which show how tough this league is.

Blackpool's win caught my eye - a very good win for them. Is this the same Ince who was clueless in his last 3 jobs??!?!? Also eye catching is Huddersfield's 5-1 win. That puts them on 7 points already which given they imo are one of the weaker teams in the division shows just how topsy turvy this league is.

Which in terms of intrigue and competitiveness must make it the top league in the world. (Am not saying it is THE top league, the lack of quality means that's not the case. But I cannot think of a more competitive or uncertain league.)

And Theno as Chairman of course.

I would take Theno as Rovers' chairman. Just as a I would take JimMkII, yourself and many other posters on this site. At least I would be sure of their (and your) commitment to the club and would feel that a certain basic competence was in place, which is not the current state of affairs.

Blackpool may have had a good start but there's absolutely no way a Paul Ince managed team will get promoted from the Championship to the Premier League, there is just no way. I think it smacks of Kean's lucky streak at the beginning of last season, he's a very poor manager and will get found out again sooner rather than later. Lower mid table is more likely for Cackpool.

Archived