BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/23290/briefing-notes-for-the-new-season--part-three

someone from Ipswich Town forum has gone round all the Championship Clubs forums and assessed the mood. I'm not sure if they were taken from here. Does anyone recognise their posts?

I recognise one about Rhodes RE: his lack of ability to hold the ball up, but it's not one of mine. Not to detract from what is obviously a good effort from that Ipswich fan, he did mention Benni McCarthy leaving..???

Quite a few decent managers in the Chanpionship with proven pedigree at this level.

We just have to hope our coach can come good - sad aspect is that Venkys are always hovering in the background ready to add more pain.

• Backroom

A decent enough start against supposedly one of the favourites for the league. If we can add another couple of players then I'll feel more confident about having a chance of surviving another season at this level.

Was a little surprised at our defensive performance, the left back looking out of his depth to me. Still think we will lose trippier before the window closes and that will be a much bigger issue than losing Austin.

Poor attendance but I wasn't entirely surprised. Factoring in the collapse in season ticket sales, being on TV and then flogging your star striker 2 days before (along with a less than inspiring comment from the chief exec) and I guess it was to be expected. Pretty poor turnout from Bolton compared to their following in decades gone by.

Weirdly Ings having a good start could be bad for Burnley

If he bags a few early its easier to justify not bringing a replacement in for Austin

Could see QPR struggling this season. They have good individuals but they don't player well together as a team. There attitude is questionable also.

They'll have the same problem as us last season, expensive flops who don't really care.

Struggle or not I'll have little bet with you now that they finish above Rovers,

Struggle or not I'll have little bet with you now that they finish above Rovers,

Probably will finish above us. I'd put us as a mid table team with an outside chance of the play offs. Depends on how the new signings turn out and they could well be better in reality than they look on paper.

• Backroom

Thought Andrews looked awful for Bolton. Made a few misplaced passes and the game otherwise passed him by.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/23290/briefing-notes-for-the-new-season-–-part-three

someone from Ipswich Town forum has gone round all the Championship Clubs forums and assessed the mood. I'm not sure if they were taken from here. Does anyone recognise their posts?

Yeah, the quote about us going down if Rhodes hadn't been in the team is mine, so they've defo used this board.

• Moderation Lead

Thought Andrews looked awful for Bolton. Made a few misplaced passes and the game otherwise passed him by.

Fancy that....

Bolton very welcome to him!!

I wasn't impressed with QPR today, they couldn't outplay Wednesday and had to resort to lumping the ball forward at every possible opportunity, resulting in a midfield that only touched the ball when it was headed back by Zamora or Johnson. They might very well run into trouble when playing teams with a more astute gameplan.

Quick, where's Jonnolad?

Funny how that guy vanished the moment Andrews departed.

I wasn't impressed with QPR today, they couldn't outplay Wednesday and had to resort to lumping the ball forward at every possible opportunity, resulting in a midfield that only touched the ball when it was headed back by Zamora or Johnson. They might very well run into trouble when playing teams with a more astute gameplan.

You mean like our game plan ?

I tried to find a suitable thread to put this is but couldn't find any I have emailed the football League about Watfords way to get round the rules and sign 8 players on free transfers and about how having the same owner of different clubs is not right anyway I got a reply from the football league while I'm glad they took the time to reply I wasn't happy with the reply anyway the email is below:

My email here:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have seen today Watford FC have signed 8 players from
Udinese & Granada who were last season on loan at Watford.
I see you have introduced measures to limit the number
of loan players from abroad to 8. It seems they have got
round this by signing the 8 players permanently. This is
wrong and gives them an unfair advantage over everyone
else. When the loan loophole was closed it was obvious to
anyone they would go out and buy the players permanently
to get round this. It should never have been allowed. How
it could have been allowed that one owner can own a
championship side a La Liga side and a Serie A side is just plain
wrong and is a massive conflict of interest. This means one
championship side can loan up to 8 players from either club &
to get round the rules can buy players permanently from either
club. Giving them an unfair advantage over everyone else as
they have the pick of the best players from each club. They
talk of financial fair play coming in this year how is this fair. I
request you from a fairness point of view of the other clubs in
the championship to re-look at the rules regarding the Pozzo
family's ownership of watford surely owning 3 clubs in 3
different countries breaks certain rules. I request you look into
this and take the appropriate measures.

I Look forward to your response to this very serious matter

Best Wishes
Savio Mathias.

The football league's reply:

Savio,
Thank you for your email.
The issue of club ownership is debated from time to time by all Football Authorities. However in respect of League regulations, we can forward you to our regulation section 9 – Association and Dual Interests here http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-9-association-dual-interests_2293633_2125750 which will be of interest.
Essentially clubs from Italy and England are not in direct competition, and the regulation above only applies insofar as is practical based on clubs with membership of those association/league listed.
In the summer a FL regulation was amended regarding International Loans. This is now as follows;
52.2 There shall be four categories of temporary loan transfers allowed – Standard Loans, International Loans, Emergency Loans and Youth Loans. The following restrictions shall apply to each type of loan:
52.2.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This figure shall include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under the provisions of Regulation 54.
52.2.2 No Club may sign more than 4 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or
Youth) from another Club (or club) in any Season. An additional Youth Loan Player may be added to this figure.
52.3 Standard, International, Emergency and Youth Loans to non-Member Clubs will be subject to the rules and regulations of the respective leagues / national associations.
In addition as per regulation 33.7 and 33.8 http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-5-fixtures_2293633_2125729#33 (details on the homegrown rule) clubs must nominate a minimum of 6 home grown players on their named matchday squad.
Further to that The Football League is not able to comment on any specific club that may or may not be subject to a registrations embargo. The League has a long-standing policy not to comment publicly about the imposition of embargoes, which is maintained to protect the interests of the clubs involved. It would be at a club’s discretion whether they wish to make any such embargo public and for any further information we can only suggest you approach any such clubs with your queries.
Thank you for contacting The Football League.
Regards,
Andrew Pomfret
Customer Services Officer
The Football League Limited
To say I am disappointed with their reply is an understatement what is obvious is the football league don't really care.

I'm more concerned with rovers keeping hold of our big players. If we lose Rhodes later on in this window we could be in trouble. Fingers crossed we won't have to worry.

I'm 95 percent sure that won't happen.

Astute gameplans and the championships do not go together !

There is a distinct lack of talent in the whole league ,,,

I tried to find a suitable thread to put this is but couldn't find any I have emailed the football League about Watfords way to get round the rules and sign 8 players on free transfers and about how having the same owner of different clubs is not right anyway I got a reply from the football league while I'm glad they took the time to reply I wasn't happy with the reply anyway the email is below:

My email here:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have seen today Watford FC have signed 8 players from

Best Wishes

Savio Mathias.

Savio,
The issue of club ownership is debated from time to time by all Football Authorities. However in respect of League regulations, we can forward you to our regulation section 9 – Association and Dual Interests here http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-9-association-dual-interests_2293633_2125750 which will be of interest.
Essentially clubs from Italy and England are not in direct competition, and the regulation above only applies insofar as is practical based on clubs with membership of those association/league listed.
In the summer a FL regulation was amended regarding International Loans. This is now as follows;
52.2 There shall be four categories of temporary loan transfers allowed – Standard Loans, International Loans, Emergency Loans and Youth Loans. The following restrictions shall apply to each type of loan:
52.2.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This figure shall include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under the provisions of Regulation 54.
52.2.2 No Club may sign more than 4 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or
Youth) from another Club (or club) in any Season. An additional Youth Loan Player may be added to this figure.
52.3 Standard, International, Emergency and Youth Loans to non-Member Clubs will be subject to the rules and regulations of the respective leagues / national associations.
In addition as per regulation 33.7 and 33.8 http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-5-fixtures_2293633_2125729#33 (details on the homegrown rule) clubs must nominate a minimum of 6 home grown players on their named matchday squad.
Further to that The Football League is not able to comment on any specific club that may or may not be subject to a registrations embargo. The League has a long-standing policy not to comment publicly about the imposition of embargoes, which is maintained to protect the interests of the clubs involved. It would be at a club’s discretion whether they wish to make any such embargo public and for any further information we can only suggest you approach any such clubs with your queries.
Regards,
Andrew Pomfret
To say I am disappointed with their reply is an understatement what is obvious is the football league don't really care.

The message to all other clubs is therefore now to unite and 'kick the @#/?' out of Watford. :tu:

My email here:

Dear Sir/Madam,I have seen today Watford FC have signed 8 players from

Best Wishes

Savio Mathias.

Savio,

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

I commend you for taking time to ask the questions. The reply is consistent with not caring whatsoever, which is wrong but not your fault.

One Draw out of all those games, I remember one opening day in the Premier League and it seemed like most of the games were draws, so a useless stat to watch.

I have hopes for the Rovers, can't sense the kind of season but I don't think it will be a catastrophe.

Archived