BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Don't think most people did once it became obvious it was not just a caretaker role he had but was going to be in place of a permanent manager and more permanent than most of them. doesn't mean we can't try giving Bowyer a bit of backing.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we shouldn't get behind Bowyer cos Kean turned out bad?

i didnt say that did I? He said get behind the manager I just asked if he got behind Kean or does he pick and choose...best twisting of my words in a long while :)

To some maybe.

I'm amazed that you aren't a top football manager. You are absolutely awesome.

I've just realised that, as this post is sarcasm heavy, it makes me a hypocrite. I'll acknowledge that and apologise in advance.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8813051/Hull-medical-for-Austin-Report

Austin apparently having a medical at Hull, with a fee of £4.5 million agreed. Shows how far we are from selling Rhodes, no one will pay anywhere near £8 million for a Championship striker no matter how many goals he has to his name.

The problem with Rhodes in that respect is that we paid too much for him.

I'm amazed that you aren't a top football manager. You are absolutely awesome.

No I'm not at all. You praise me far too highly. It's actually that others are simply clueless. Whereabouts do you think you figure chris_h?

We all said last year we overpaid for him. Top top championship strikers Should be going for 4-5m. At the time Rhodes was a top top League 1 striker.

Darren Bent is currently available for around £5m. Billy Sharp available for £850k. I can't see Rhodes being sold as nobody would pay what Rovers would need to get for him.

Guest Norbert

That is Burnley's 3 highest scorers out this summer, and all they've brought in a a load of goalies. Unless they sort themselves out, they'll be going down.

Issues from dislocating his shoulder 3 times, sounds similar to Duff when he left Chelsea.

Possibly needs an op, but not the biggest issue to stop a transfer I wouldn't have thought.

Guessing Hull may be willing to go ahead at a lower price, as with only 12 months left on his contract, they are in a strong negotiating position.

That is Burnley's 3 highest scorers out this summer, and all they've brought in a a load of goalies. Unless they sort themselves out, they'll be going down.

Dodgy shoulder apparently, from carrying the club for 2 seasons

Aye 3 keepers, no strikers, no midfielders - looking like a torrid season for us. As things stand I can't see us surviving the season - though a few decent signings and I might just change my mind, hell I'm a football fan so within a few days I could be expecting us to get top 6.

On Charlie - Bruce suggesting it is a knee issue - part of me wonders if they are playing a game, come back with a reduced offer assuming we'll sell. Nothing out of the club yet on the situation but I suspect/fear they were planning to use the money to bring in some new faces. Personally I wouldn't be crying if we could keep a hold of him.

And Reidy :tu:

Aye

On Charlie - Bruce suggesting it is a knee issue - part of me wonders if they are playing a game, come back with a reduced offer assuming we'll sell. Nothing out of the club yet on the situation but I suspect/fear they were planning to use the money to bring in some new faces. Personally I wouldn't be crying if we could keep a hold of him.

And Reidy :tu:

Taking your claret and blue glasses off (and forgetting who Rhodes plays for) would you say Austin is better than Rhodes ?

Think you're right about the game Hull are playing - one of the oldest tricks in the books to get transfer fees reduced.

Taking your claret and blue glasses off (and forgetting who Rhodes plays for) would you say Austin is better than Rhodes ?

Think you're right about the game Hull are playing - one of the oldest tricks in the books to get transfer fees reduced.

Hard one to answer, I've obviously seen more of Austin than Rhodes. I don't think there is a huge amount between them as goal scorers but I do get the feeling that Rhodes has a more professional approach. Then again you did pay around 8 times what we did for Austin so you'd expect at least that. I'd expect over the medium and longer term he (Rhodes) will prove to be a better striker. I don't think you'll recoup your money on him easily though, simply because you paid so much. That said if he starts this season as he did last you might find some PL clubs sniffing in January.

• Moderation Lead

Aye 3 keepers, no strikers, no midfielders - looking like a torrid season for us. As things stand I can't see us surviving the season - though a few decent signings and I might just change my mind, hell I'm a football fan so within a few days I could be expecting us to get top 6.

And Reidy

I think it's an odd one with the medical tbh. Demba Ba failed a medical at Stoke a couple of seasons ago, and he has turned out alright.....What's funny though is, I can't even recall either player being injured for any great length of time.....

Hard one to answer, I've obviously seen more of Austin than Rhodes. I don't think there is a huge amount between them as goal scorers but I do get the feeling that Rhodes has a more professional approach. Then again you did pay around 8 times what we did for Austin so you'd expect at least that. I'd expect over the medium and longer term he (Rhodes) will prove to be a better striker. I don't think you'll recoup your money on him easily though, simply because you paid so much. That said if he starts this season as he did last you might find some PL clubs sniffing in January.

Hmmm, seems like Austin is more happy to see balls sent over onto his head, whereas Rhodes would prefer the ball at his feet. At least from some of the goals i saw of Austin

I think it's an odd one with the medical tbh. Demba Ba failed a medical at Stoke a couple of seasons ago, and he has turned out alright.....What's funny though is, I can't even recall either player being injured for any great length of time.....

Standard negotiating tactic imo. If no one else comes in they'll get him for less. Maybe SS has learned that lesson cos I don't recall a host of clubs competing with us for Rhodes signature at 8m.

Hmmm, seems like Austin is more happy to see balls sent over onto his head, whereas Rhodes would prefer the ball at his feet. At least from some of the goals i saw of Austin

Only seen Austin once and he played off the main striker. Whilst maybe not as dangerous as Rhodes in the box he does appear to be a more complete player.

Archived