BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appalling cricket. It’s almost as if it’s somehow harder hitting 6s over midwicket when the bowlers are bowling quicker than they’re used to.

It would appear it takes more to win an ashes test match than wearing a green bucket hat and grinning inanely

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Looking at 0-2 I'm afraid. Baz ball in the undiluted way we're playing it will never defeat the World Champions.

Started the day roughly evens, thrown away in half an hour.

Back to the drawing board chaps.

I'm not sure what drawing board you're going to - they have better players from 1-11.

• Like 2

• Backroom
On 29/06/2023 at 13:32, Dreams of 1995 said:

Setting itself up nicely for Saturday and Sunday - of which I have tickets again 🙂 Going down London tomorrow night, bit of Lion King in theatre to keep her happy, followed by 2 days at Lords. Perfect weekend

Urgh. Looking like Madame Tussauds for you Sunday. 

Get us a picture of you slapping Ronaldo in the face. 😂

• Like 1

Further questions( in bold) and answers given  - it doesn’t look like that humility is coming any time soon…

Is the plan just to keep continuing with the attacking approach?: "We've seen in the last year this is how this team operates, gets boundaries and break records. We have the courage to see how far we can take it.

What is your response to the criticism of your approach?: "People will have their opinions. We have our idea, part of that was taking the option today.

"I'm not going to get into this argument, no-one said it was reckless versus New Zealand, no-one said it was reckless when Joe Root played that reverse scoop. We tried to get them off that length and score."

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Further questions( in bold) and answers given  - it doesn’t look like that humility is coming any time soon…

Is the plan just to keep continuing with the attacking approach?: "We've seen in the last year this is how this team operates, gets boundaries and break records. We have the courage to see how far we can take it.

What is your response to the criticism of your approach?: "People will have their opinions. We have our idea, part of that was taking the option today.

"I'm not going to get into this argument, no-one said it was reckless versus New Zealand, no-one said it was reckless when Joe Root played that reverse scoop. We tried to get them off that length and score."

The man's a twerp

We're about to go 2-0 down at home in an Ashes series because of Bazball ideology

Enough

This is heading for an exciting 4th innings run chase if the Aussies are decent fellows and into only accepting a win or lose results situation and give us a competitive target between 350 and 400. 

Australia in 1948 at Leeds won in the 4th with 404/3

Also at Leeds in 2019 and in an otherwise low scoring game, including a 67/10 debacle from England in their first innings, England won with 362/9 in the 4th.

We could however bowl the Aussies out quickly tomorrow. Its that or the Aussies being kind......

The Aussies will however try to set a target whereby they cannot lose as we do have the potential to chase down a big target in the 4th.

Its going to be interesting.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Australia in 1948 at Leeds won in the 4th with 404/3

This England side might think they are invincible but that where the comparisons with The Invincibles end. Also they had Bradman and his record Headingly was absolutely phenomenal even by his own incredible standards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

This England side might think they are invincible but that where the comparisons with The Invincibles end. Also they had Bradman and his record Headingly was absolutely phenomenal even by his own incredible standards.

And now they have Smith.

I find him dislikeable as a person but as a batsman he is superb. We do have Root but only if he's allowed to play his natural game which is run gathering not trying to hit the ball over the pavillion.

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

In some instances yes - for example, I’m not convinced we’d have won 3-0 in Pakistan playing the more traditional way.

I think Pakistan and South Africa are in major transition and not anywhere near their best. The teams to beat in a Test series to prove the approach are the Aussies and India.

Still 3-0 in Pakistan is highly commendable.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think you are correct, 1 point for a NR puts us through.

Its pissing down and poor weather forecast at OT

Having now spent some time sat in Old Trafford looking at the permutations I agree but the key is to finish second so we get a home quarter final. That will probably mean beating Northants here on Sunday.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think Pakistan and South Africa are in major transition and not anywhere near their best. The teams to beat in a Test series to prove the approach are the Aussies and India.

Still 3-0 in Pakistan is highly commendable.

I also think that England played with a more controlled aggression last summer & in Pakistan. This series so far the batting has just been reckless & they have also had far too much to say off the pitch as well. They seem to me to have got carried away by the hype around them & are now batting with their ego's rather than their brains.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I also think that England played with a more controlled aggression last summer & in Pakistan. This series so far the batting has just been reckless & they have also had far too much to say off the pitch as well. They seem to me to have got carried away by the hype around them & are now batting with their ego's rather than their brains.

100% agree.

Before the series began I wondered whether the Aussie’s ego would mean they’d try to match us ‘tactically’ just to prove they could.

It turns out our ego is preventing us from adapting (not abandoning) our new mindset as and when it’s necessary to do so.

• Like 1