BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

It’s surprising there was any play today after the forecast but it’s disappointing we didn’t take more wickets if not finish the match in the time available. We’re depending on the weather gods again tomorrow and we’ll have to bowl much better too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It’s surprising there was any play today after the forecast but it’s disappointing we didn’t take more wickets if not finish the match in the time available. We’re depending on the weather gods again tomorrow and we’ll have to bowl much better too. 

It’s also disappointing that we didn’t bowl more overs in the time available. 

23 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Well my conclusion after checking several weather services is that weather forecasting is a crock of shite 🤣

It certainly helps in you’re looking at the right day…..But the wider point stands Dom.

Hammering it done right now in Trafford. 

Edited by Gav

What's with all the stupid breaks in cricket. It was clear there was limited playing time yesterday but they still took afternoon  tea. They've been having drinks breaks galore and now they're taking lunch 5mins after the pitch inspection

My guess is there’ll be no play at all today and the Aussies will retain the Ashes, having been given a hiding by England for the majority of the time. They should be mightily relieved if that’s the case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

What's with all the stupid breaks in cricket. It was clear there was limited playing time yesterday but they still took afternoon  tea. They've been having drinks breaks galore and now they're taking lunch 5mins after the pitch inspection

The biggest loser of time is overrates. England's overrate yesterday as it has been all series was unacceptable and so has Australia's for that matter. 26 overs lost due to slow overrates in the first 3 days of this test and that is with the additional half an hour as well.

12 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The biggest loser of time is overrates. England's overrate yesterday as it has been all series was unacceptable and so has Australia's for that matter. 26 overs lost due to slow overrates in the first 3 days of this test and that is with the additional half an hour as well.

Yeah true that's been a huge issue as well. I just find cricket seems to be a giant exercise in finding as many ways to not be on the pitch as possible 

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Trent Bridge is a lovely ground, OT is a total mish mash with facilities that can’t cope when it’s full.

Like many sporting event locations around the country. A full Blackburn End and toilets are a nightmare. I was on the Holte End recently, lovely side of the ground at Villa Park, full of character, but the toilets were a nightmare. 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

The mistakes of the first 2 tests coming back to haunt us. We should have won this.

Yep, we should be 2-1 if not 3-0 ahead now. Reckless batting at the wrong time and Bairstow's dropped catches and dozy run-out to blame.  

The convicts won't have "won" this series, it will be England that will have lost it. I bet HMP XI can't believe their luck

Have to say I'm really teed off. Weather's not bad to the north and south yet it chooses to rain across the north west

Difference being at OT there is an enormous temporary stand without the infrastructure to support it, ergo half an hour plus wait for blokes to go for a pee, I’ve never seen that apart from at a festival, certainly not at football grounds.

Edited by Mattyblue