BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

Huddersfield fans tell me that Rovers still owe Town £6m( unless we've paid another installment recently) which would be payable up front if

Rhodes is sold, there is also a sell-on clause of 20% of any profit, according to the Hudds Examiner.

Reminds me of the situation with Don Mackay and the young( pre glory/pre scandal) Colin Hendry.

Dundee had negotiated a huge percentage( 100?) of the sell on fee. CH wondered whether this would damage his move on prospects...Did Rovers want a £3/4 million player on the pitch or £25,000 in the bank?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunny is the key. Rhodes has hardly scored from open play since he got injured. If we can get Dunny fit anytime soon it will be our single best chance of making a profit on JR. Without Dunny pulling the strings in the hole JR looks mighty ordinary.

Goals scored by Jordan Rhodes this season from open play with David Dunn on the field - 3

Goals scored by Jordan Rhodes this season from open play with David Dunn off the field - 4

Good stat Gordy :tu:

Goals scored by Jordan Rhodes this season from open play with David Dunn on the field - 3

Goals scored by Jordan Rhodes this season from open play with David Dunn off the field - 4

Good stat Gordy :tu:

Games involving David Dunn - 3. Goals scored by JR open play - 3

Games not involving David Dunn - 11. Goals scored by JR open play - 4

Nice stat T4E.

Games involving David Dunn - 3. Goals scored by JR open play - 3

Games not involving David Dunn - 11. Goals scored by JR open play - 4

Nice stat T4E.

Thank you Jimmy, you saved me a post. :tu: BUT by the same token you denied me the opportunity to make T4E look foolish again. ^_^

As long as you're still intent in stubbornly thinking you're right when you're actually talking shiite because you're a cantankerous know nothing ginger bellend.

Could be a while then.

Haha you're the bellend in this scenario T4E. And that post shows that you were completely wrong, many people resort to insults when they can't compete in debate.

The stat that you produced gives a fine indication of what Theno is saying. That Rhodes has scored one more goal in 11 games without Dunn than he had in 3 games with Dunn.

One person talking shiite in this scenario and it's not me, Theno or Stuart.

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/andrew.easton/491922/blackburn-rovers-top-5-record-signings-hit-or-miss?ref=facebook&team=Blackburn

Andrew Easton here taking it upon himself to represent the entire Blackburn Rovers fan base, telling us all that £8m is money well spent.

In our dire financial situation, I do not regard blindly chucking eight million quid at a poacher to be 'money well spent'. If that eight million had been spent removing that charlatan in charge, getting in an experienced and proper manager, and allowing him to invest the remainder to build a real football team, then that IMO would have been money well spent.

Furthermore, this about Kevin Davies is complete garbage.

''He would go on to make a decent career for himself that eventually saw him being able to elbow centre halves Europe-wide via a mildly successful Bolton run and the one England cap he managed to accrue. MISS''

I bloody wish we had the Kevin Davies from his Bolton days right now - He'd have been better off saying, 'When a team finally began playing to Kevin's strengths, he actually forged an excellent Premier League career, playing a pivotal role in Bolton Wanderers 11 year stay'.

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/andrew.easton/491922/blackburn-rovers-top-5-record-signings-hit-or-miss?ref=facebook&team=Blackburn

Andrew Easton here taking it upon himself to represent the entire Blackburn Rovers fan base, telling us all that £8m is money well spent.

In our dire financial situation, I do not regard blindly chucking eight million quid at a poacher to be 'money well spent'. If that eight million had been spent removing that charlatan in charge, getting in an experienced and proper manager, and allowing him to invest the remainder to build a real football team, then that IMO would have been money well spent.

Furthermore, this about Kevin Davies is complete garbage.

''He would go on to make a decent career for himself that eventually saw him being able to elbow centre halves Europe-wide via a mildly successful Bolton run and the one England cap he managed to accrue. MISS''

I bloody wish we had the Kevin Davies from his Bolton days right now - He'd have been better off saying, 'When a team finally began playing to Kevin's strengths, he actually forged an excellent Premier League career, playing a pivotal role in Bolton Wanderers 11 year stay'.

Interesting view that we should set up a team to play to the strengths of a very agricultural Kevin Davis, but people go barmy at the idea of playing to the strengths of a natural goal machine like Rhodes.

I honestly don't know what some Rovers fans want. A bunch of League One tryers?

Interesting view that we should set up a team to play to the strengths of a very agricultural Kevin Davis, but people go barmy at the idea of playing to the strengths of a natural goal machine like Rhodes.

I honestly don't know what some Rovers fans want. A bunch of League One tryers?

I think you might have to re-read Stuart. I said that I'd love Kevin Davies from his Bolton days - you know the one that they got for FREE and was an ever-present in a PL stable Bolton side for about 8 years - a player that defenders HATED to play against week in, week out. A player that did the dirty work that a lone striker must do.

As many of us have said on here, Rhodes does the hard bit with his eyes closed (usually). His problem is that he can't do the simple things, and appears to show no intention of improving those aspects. Unless you believe Chaddy who is adamant the coaches are working with him on that - I'll let you know when I see any evidence of such.

I think you might have to re-read Stuart. I said that I'd love Kevin Davies from his Bolton days - you know the one that they got for FREE and was an ever-present in a PL stable Bolton side for about 8 years - a player that defenders HATED to play against week in, week out. A player that did the dirty work that a lone striker must do.

As many of us have said on here, Rhodes does the hard bit with his eyes closed (usually). His problem is that he can't do the simple things, and appears to show no intention of improving those aspects. Unless you believe Chaddy who is adamant the coaches are working with him on that - I'll let you know when I see any evidence of such.

You've misunderstood my. I was still referring to the Bolton version, not the Nobbers one.

My original comment still stands.

I propose that everyone just calms down somewhat on this topic.

Is JR the finished article as a striker? No

Could he bring improvements to his game? Yes

Though whilst at the same time, in the past eighteen months which of the squad of players have come anywhere near the levels expected based upon their transfer and salary levels for this division?

Goalkeeper - taken flapping to a whole new level, combined with careless errors.

Full backs - regularly fail to stop the supply of balls from wide into our penalty area.

Centre backs - concede way too many from set pieces and balls crossed into our area, oh yes and sit too deep.

Midfield - lack of composure on the ball and failure to impose themselves as a unit on opposition

Wide midfield - working the line, getting back to support the full backs, plus getting forward to beat a player and providing balls into danger areas, not really happened with any consistency (ignoring Cairney who is being wasted played out of position).

Other attackers - second touch is a tackle, attrocious scoring records.

Injured/unfit/sulking players - not worthy of mention

Jordan Rhodes - he scores goals and is a leader amongst top goal scorers.

Conclusion? only JR can truly justify his transfer fee and salary level.

Though whilst at the same time, in the past eighteen months which of the squad of players have come anywhere near the levels expected based upon their transfer and salary levels for this division?

Goalkeeper - taken flapping to a whole new level, combined with careless errors.

Full backs - regularly fail to stop the supply of balls from wide into our penalty area.

Centre backs - concede way too many from set pieces and balls crossed into our area, oh yes and sit too deep.

Midfield - lack of composure on the ball and failure to impose themselves as a unit on opposition

Wide midfield - working the line, getting back to support the full backs, plus getting forward to beat a player and providing balls into danger areas, not really happened with any consistency (ignoring Cairney who is being wasted played out of position).

Calm down eh? This reminds me of my attempts to manage parents' responses after they had opened the particularly negative school report that arrived in the post!

Stop talking sense Boz!

When are you going to get it that JR's goalkeeping skills need polishing. Kean would concede less goals and we'd be flying.

While I'm at it, that useless gimp Alan Shearer was awful up front on his own as well. We only won the league after spending over £5m on another player to supplement him. How crap is that?!

Bring back Jason Roberts, amazing player. Okay he had to take it easy for most of the game and didn't score as many but that was only because he spent 20 minutes of every match running his socks off. Poor fella was knackered after that.

• Backroom

Stop talking sense Boz!

When are you going to get it that JR's goalkeeping skills need polishing. Kean would concede less goals and we'd be flying.

While I'm at it, that useless gimp Alan Shearer was awful up front on his own as well. We only won the league after spending over £5m on another player to supplement him. How crap is that?!

Bring back Jason Roberts, amazing player. Okay he had to take it easy for most of the game and didn't score as many but that was only because he spent 20 minutes of every match running his socks off. Poor fella was knackered after that.

:lol:

Honestly, I try to take Rhodes' critics somewhat seriously but when I see stuff like "he can't do the simple things" I wonder what the point is.

• Backroom

Whilst fair you have to say King is more than justifying his existence this season and so far is our player of the season for me

Stop talking sense Boz!

Poor post Booth - must admit you are prone to this quite often.

The first part is rubbish - we all know Rhodes has glaring weaknesses in his game - If you don't know what they are by now, either your seat doesn't face the pitch, you don't attend any games at all, or you know the square root of @#/? all about football.

The second paragraph is even worse - Shearers all round game was pretty magnificent. In fact until he got 'that' knee injury he would run through a brick wall for his side - his hold up play was excellent and he scored more goals than Rhodes. As for buying Sutton - you realise we were the wealthiest side in England then? Not really an ideal comparison on your behalf, spending £5m on a striker when we had money coming out of our ears, or chucking £8m away when it was abundantly clear we had just thrown away our TV revenue (thus obvious financial problems were upon us), and had the most unbalanced side in all top 4 leagues.

Point three - If you've ever seen my thoughts on Jason Roberts it would be abundantly clear to you that I thought he was absolutely useless.

In our position - with our financial peril, I thought, and still think it was absolutely ridiculous to blow £8m on one player. Not just that, but a player with so many holes in his all round game. The point I was taking from the above article was that Rhodes has been well worth the £8m we spent. Unless he gets us promoted, which with the poor squad we have, plus his weaknesses (remember he hasn't scored in open play for what, 5 games?) he won't. Then he has not been worth the money - I don't care about people saying he needs service, needs the defence to improve or anything. If there were so many glaringly obvious flaws in our side then why the @#/? did we @#/? away £8m of money we don't have on the hope that he would get us promoted. Fools and their money.

Add on the fact that in about 2 - 3 years time (at the latest) he will walk away for nothing, excuse me if I feel we could have done far more with the limited parachute payments we had available.

Anyway as long as you enjoy watching our @#/? squad scramble around mid-table whilst Rhodes scores 20+ goals then that's up to you. I for one would have liked to see us be a little bit more forward thinking.

Archived