BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing suprises me anymore at BRFC cos logic left the building three years ago and took common sense with it. BUT I don't believe Rhodes will be allowed on loan anywhere. Sorry for the dreamers BUT the purpose of buying him was to make money and that is all. Whether it's ideally through his goals firing us up to the Prem or by adding value to sell him on depends on our circumstances both financially and in football terms.

Now unless Wigan are prepared to break the bank (and their Chairman is as shrewd as Blackpool's rem and unlikley imo to be pressurised into paying over the odds by manager or fans or both) then I don't see any sense in letting him go out on loan. When Dunne is fit and with genuine pace down the flanks the team is now set up perfectly to provide Rhodes with the supply he needs so assuming that he can keep hitting the headlines and scoring freely then his value will soar most by staying here. If that happens then prepare to wave bye bye in January as JR heads for one of the lesser lights of the Prem.

I amy be wrong but that is my take on it at the moment.

Forget mint balls, I'd rather bowling balls. And I'll video it and send it to their employers/families. And Youtube.

From the horses mouth or do people on here simply NOT believe Jordan.

Rhodes insists he never wanted to leave Ewood

7:54am Monday 16th September 2013 in SportBy Paul Wheelock, Blackburn Rovers reporter

DERBY hero Jordan Rhodes insists he has never wanted to leaveBlackburn Rovers after preserving his side’s 34-year unbeaten derby record against Burnley.

Reports had suggested the striker was unhappy at being denied a transfer deadline day move to Championship rivals Wigan.

But Rhodes, whose 85th-minute equaliser earned Rovers a 1-1 draw with the Clarets on Saturday, has hit back by insisting they couldn’t be any further from the truth.

He said: “I saw a couple of newspaper articles after the deadline and they said ‘Jordan Rhodes is unhappy’ and things like that.

“But you know what? That couldn’t be any further from the truth.

“It’s a terrific football club full of great people. I love coming in everyday and it’s a terrific environment to be in.

“I don’t know where these things come from. People add two and two together and come up with five or six. It’s just not a true story.”

Ha Ha who needs the hand of God, when we have the Shin of Rhodes

Having got bored of clinically knocking the ball into the back of the net, Rhodes is now developing the art of making opposition players cannon the ball off him into the net, like some bizarre game of billiards.

To be honest his goal is just reward for the diabolical refs decision to pull back play for a free kick when he was alongside slightly ahead of the cb facing goal and probably odds on to score. I get the feeling if he had scored at that point we would have gone on to win the game. So any fortune with his goal balanced out the "bad" luck we had with the ref.

Though I am not sure it fully did, because we would possibly have had a goal when we were starting to dominate and that may given us the boost for that to continue and the dingles may well have imploded with doubt. It would have been a classic away game tactic, get through the difficult first half of an away game without conceding and then come into the game. Their goal was against run of play.

I really still cant believe that decision by the ref and it just doesn't get any better the more I see it.

To be honest his goal is just reward for the diabolical refs decision to pull back play for a free kick when he was alongside slightly ahead of the cb facing goal and probably odds on to score. I get the feeling if he had scored at that point we would have gone on to win the game. So any fortune with his goal balanced out the "bad" luck we had with the ref.

Though I am not sure it fully did, because we would possibly have had a goal when we were starting to dominate and that may given us the boost for that to continue and the dingles may well have imploded with doubt. It would have been a classic away game tactic, get through the difficult first half of an away game without conceding and then come into the game. Their goal was against run of play.

I really still cant believe that decision by the ref and it just doesn't get any better the more I see it.

Although I also think we may have gone on to win the game if scoring first when he was pulled up, his goal wasn't a reward for poor refereeing decisions earlier.

His goal was just reward for remaining bright on his toes and alert, seeing and reading the back pass before the goalkeeper and defenders, getting to the ball first, then turning inside and cleverly beating the first man with a decent touch and placing pressure on the defenders.

Bascially causing chaos and confusion close to their goal earnt him and us our reward and I was chuffed with the nature of this goal for him after playing well and working hard all match with little quality fed into him.

Although I also think we may have gone on to win the game if scoring first when he was pulled up, his goal wasn't a reward for poor refereeing decisions earlier.

His goal was just reward for remaining bright on his toes and alert, seeing and reading the back pass before the goalkeeper and defenders, getting to the ball first, then turning inside and cleverly beating the first man with a decent touch and placing pressure on the defenders.

Bascially causing chaos and confusion close to their goal earnt him and us our reward and I was chuffed with the nature of this goal for him after playing well and working hard all match with little quality fed into him.

I completely and entirely agree. I meant that he was robbed of his first chance after getting into such a good position. He did everything right for his goal but in reality he could have been unlucky with the ball coming off him and going elsewhere rather than into the net. He had all ready been robbed once in my view after doing everything right

If you put a clever player behind him who can play clever passes he is really going to score for fun as his movement into the right places and gaps is a real strength of his. Once in those positions he will take his chances, you just need players who can spot his movement.

I am still a firm believer that if you put him in the right team even at a higher level he will score a lot of goals. The problem in this country we don't have many of those type of clever players. Wenger would never go for him but I really genuinely believe in the Arsenal team with Ozil behind him he would score a lot of goals. Ironically I do think at a lesser team devoid of those clever players he wont do as well in the prem as his movement wont be spotted often enough and then people will question the lack of other attributes in his game.

Ok,

I will buy,

you insert

:D

its a kean job but someones got to do it

Backing down are you ?

Now you've had time to think about what you proposed.

I'll help with the top half, thats as far as I go !

Just been to my barber's, he reckons Rovers have only paid Hudds £1m so far for Rhodes.

The truth of this transfer will probably never come out.

He also believes we tried to off-load him.

Power of the media eh !

Just come back home from a trip to Cahors. Halfway back I drove through a village called Pont de Rhodes, as I had a non permanent marker with me, I couldn't resist a minor temporary alteration to the sign as you drive into the village proclaiming it's name. It's now called Point de Rhodes, which I considered appropriate following 'the shin of god's' exploits on Saturday.

Yoda, you may be familiar with it.

By the way, IMO he's more chance of joining Mill Hill St Peters on loan than Wigan. Problem is some people believe the shyte that's pedalled in some rags.

I completely and entirely agree. I meant that he was robbed of his first chance after getting into such a good position. He did everything right for his goal but in reality he could have been unlucky with the ball coming off him and going elsewhere rather than into the net. He had all ready been robbed once in my view after doing everything right

If you put a clever player behind him who can play clever passes he is really going to score for fun as his movement into the right places and gaps is a real strength of his. Once in those positions he will take his chances, you just need players who can spot his movement.

I am still a firm believer that if you put him in the right team even at a higher level he will score a lot of goals. The problem in this country we don't have many of those type of clever players. Wenger would never go for him but I really genuinely believe in the Arsenal team with Ozil behind him he would score a lot of goals. Ironically I do think at a lesser team devoid of those clever players he wont do as well in the prem as his movement wont be spotted often enough and then people will question the lack of other attributes in his game.

No problem and I wasn't criticising, just felt Rhodes deserved his luck for battling on and remaining alert in the game even though nothing was falling for him.

You may be right about him scoring higher up as clever movement worries all defenders, but at this moment in time I remain of the opinion that quick, strong, mobile defenders in the PL, used to performing against the best strikers around would fancy their chances of nullifying his threat.

Nothing suprises me anymore at BRFC cos logic left the building three years ago and took common sense with it. BUT I don't believe Rhodes will be allowed on loan anywhere. Sorry for the dreamers BUT the purpose of buying him was to make money and that is all. Whether it's ideally through his goals firing us up to the Prem or by adding value to sell him on depends on our circumstances both financially and in football terms.

Now unless Wigan are prepared to break the bank (and their Chairman is as shrewd as Blackpool's rem and unlikley imo to be pressurised into paying over the odds by manager or fans or both) then I don't see any sense in letting him go out on loan. When Dunne is fit and with genuine pace down the flanks the team is now set up perfectly to provide Rhodes with the supply he needs so assuming that he can keep hitting the headlines and scoring freely then his value will soar most by staying here. If that happens then prepare to wave bye bye in January as JR heads for one of the lesser lights of the Prem.

I amy be wrong but that is my take on it at the moment.

I think that is a pretty good call. Every Rhodes goal before January makes an approach from a lower league Premier team more likely in the window. If we are doing well, when an approach comes, we will get a glimpse of what the owners' intentions really are.

Ironic that Williamson got sent off for doing the exact same thing.

Backing down are you ?

Now you've had time to think about what you proposed.

I'll help with the top half, thats as far as I go !

Just been to my barber's, he reckons Rovers have only paid Hudds £1m so far for Rhodes.

The truth of this transfer will probably never come out.

He also believes we tried to off-load him.

Power of the media eh !

Not backing down, never said I would do the inserting but if no one else is up for it I am the man

;)

Just come back home from a trip to Cahors. Halfway back I drove through a village called Pont de Rhodes, as I had a non permanent marker with me, I couldn't resist a minor temporary alteration to the sign as you drive into the village proclaiming it's name. It's now called Point de Rhodes, which I considered appropriate following 'the shin of god's' exploits on Saturday.

Yoda, you may be familiar with it.

By the way, IMO he's more chance of joining Mill Hill St Peters on loan than Wigan. Problem is some people believe the shyte that's pedalled in some rags.

Yes been there, some nice villages along that route

used to stop at Laroques des arcs just outside Cahors, the 2 swans I think next to the river, that Cahors wine though blows yer head off

:lol:

Not backing down, never said I would do the inserting but if no one else is up for it I am the man

;)

Yes been there, some nice villages along that route

used to stop at Laroques des arcs just outside Cahors, the 2 swans I think next to the river, that Cahors wine though blows yer head off

:lol:

And gout !

Archived