BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

The thing is, I dont think if we got say £8m back for him, that £8m would be going anywhere near the team, but rather back into Balaji's pocket.

That's probably the bottom line to all this Clurrgh. We won't see that £8m again.

Like DE, It's time to call this a day. For a bit.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall, Taylor and Judge have took time to settled into the club and living in their area and moving their families aswell.

Marshall will become a good signing. he now needs to start performance. he looked good against Watford when he came on as sub.

Its alright keep saying we should have signed a pacier winger but its comes down to who was down available, wages, agents fees, transfer fees, whether the player wants to move to the area, etc

Yes we do. Bowyer brought in Scouts this summer along with Des Taylor coming in as Chief Scout. worked with Howe at Burnley as Chief Scout

no options??? I defo would keep Rhodes!!!

we have had Best, Judge, Marshall, Taylor, DJ as options to change games.

Shocking post. Best has put in one and a half decent performances, whilst the rest have done nothing all season. How can you say that they'll change games? What actual evidence (Best on a good day aside) do you have for this from this season, from any performance in a blue and white shirt?

Equally Marshall will be a good player? Again evidence? Every time I've seen or heard him play, or read reports he's been anonymous. What does he offer? He's not that pacy, his dribbling isn't great, he's not that industrious, and his passing is just decent. I hope he comes good because we need more wide players doing well to relieve the pressure on King but at the moment he looks a waste of money.

im going to upset a few on here now, but, I think if rovers get a decent offer from a prem club in jan we should sell , then improve the team with the proceeds,

too many times this season have we left our selfs with no options of changing games to our benefit when needed because Rhodes is on the field.

If I thought the dosh would be spent wisely I'd agree with you. Trouble is we'll either not see any of it or what but we do see will be wasted on lower league plodders.

Don't get me started on Best, he's a complete waste of a nice clean shirt.

The frustrating thing with Best is that he has shown glimpses of excellence. Problem is it's glimpses and the rest isn't just mediocre it's dross.

Not trying to have a go at Bowyer as am unsure if any manager would get a lot out of Best (although more experience in this situation would help) but it really looks like he's loosing the battle to get Best on task and motivated. For all his victory discipline wise, it's not like Best is fired up and doing it for the team.

To me whilst I think Rhodes and our system aren't very compatible, I'd much rather people were criticizing Best, who's not being arsed to use his strengths, let alone develop his weaknesses.

Taylor is probably the least talented of the 3, but he is the only one that's a proper wide man really. He doesn't mess about, just tries to get a cross in.He is prob best suited to the system we play

Who are the 3? If judge is included i would disagree, whoever the third player is

I agree with an earlier post there is no need whatsoever to play to defensive mids in this division and i tink the problems starts from midfield...one should be enuff hence cant wait for evans to come bk

The games cairney or evans have started in centre mid alomgside lowe we have impressed and i tink would turn our season aroun

Playing 2 defensive midfielders makes us more prone to conceeding in my opinion. It means positionally 7 out of our 11 players are deep in our half which invites teams onto us. So not only does the formation not allow us to create as much - it puts us under pressure.

It worked ok with evans and cairney because evans would drive forward and cairney is a great forward passer. Williamson and lowe don't seem to be able to make it work for us.

In fairness to Taylor he has hardly had a chance he usually only get's to come on for the last 20 minutes when we're losing. I would like to see him start more, as he get's a good ball into the box.

Really? When I see Chris Taylor play I think he looks 2nd / 3rd Div quality.

If we play Cairney in a deep midfield role with Lowe than either Taylor or Marshall right with either Dunn or Rochina in the number 10 role with King left and Rhodes up front would make us more attacking and keep ball better and IMO create more chances for our attacking players.

The midfield take their spot from the back four. If the back four are deep then the midfield will be deep

The key is playing a high line with the back four. All the back four have reasonable pace for this division, so I'd instruct them to play as high as they can squeeze, especially at home.

As a result the midfield are further forward and thus JR is further forward.

Nodody had mentioned which raft of midfielders we should sign to complement "the new Drogba" we are looking to create or sign, as our current midfield are not capable/reliable/mobile enough (each lacks one of the three) to make a hold up striker work.

It's either an isolated Rhodes or an isolated "new Drogba" with our current crop of midfielders.

Nodody had mentioned which raft of midfielders we should sign to complement "the new Drogba" we are looking to create or sign, as our current midfield are not capable/reliable/mobile enough (each lacks one of the three) to make a hold up striker work.

It's either an isolated Rhodes or an isolated "new Drogba" with our current crop of midfielders.

Strange argument. There's no point having a front man who can hold the ball up, because the rest are useless?

Well firstly, I'd say that someone holding up the ball for more than 2 seconds would mean that our less mobile midfield might actually have the time to get up there!

But I think that a player who holds up the ball would be of an advantage to the likes of Marshall and Judge who both seem to like to cut in. It'd enable them to play triangles and one-twos that perhaps are difficult to do with Rhodes up front as he hasn't the passing or the body strength to do so.

I also think the likes of Evans and Lowe have the energy to run from deep, and these are the guys who'd have to do most of the running. Ideally the three will be a bit further up the field and therefore closer to the target man so would have less running to do. I guess the guy in the the centre of the 3 may be Rochina or Dunn or Cairney. Certainly Rochina should be able to get up there he seems fit enough to do so, but I take your point that neither Cairney nor Dunn are the most mobile of players. However, as said before, holding it up for a bit longer, gives us a better chance of getting bodies forward, even if they aren't the most mobile.

Also I'll admit that Marshall and Judge aren't up to much! However the question is perhaps, if we can only sign one or two players to improve the first team, then they need to be people who improve and play to the strengths of those around them. IMO, for the reasons stated a target man would actually get more out of the likes of Marshall and Judge, as well as serving the team as a whole better.

We could alternatively instead of a target man get in another wide or creative player (or both) to support Rhodes and play more to his strengths. However, given that Rhodes is one of the few salable assets left and so will be gone sooner or later, coupled with the fact we've a fair number of wide players, I suspect it makes more sense to go for a target man.

F.A.O.

Maj

Pedantic pricks that criticise other posters spelling and grammar(instead of the actual post) on internet forums is even more annoying!

Not really, it's really only a matter of good courtesy to use proper grammar and spelling to make your post readable for other users instead of having to decipher txt spk.

Archived