BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Twas chatting to the chap with whom the Huddersfield Chairman was stopping at his Portugal villa when Rhodes was signed....tells me he was laughing his **** off when the £8M offer came in.

That's because we paid £8m for a 1st division player.

Been saying it since day one. Nice lad, good professional, great finisher, poor all round player.

Surprised at Stuart particularly who seems to know his stuff football wise, that he is unable to see this.

I just simply cannot see Rhodes being a success in the PL. It's such a huge step up, and undoubtedly you HAVE to be able to do more than just 'poach'. Therefore paying a PL transfer fee for the lad was, as I've alluded to before, poor business.

Glen can say what he likes about 'no other transfers to be done', it still screams at me as another poor decision by the morons running our club at the time, and further highlights the football manager type scenario we had at our club at the time. Ruined my Saturdays those keaners

Interesting watching MOTD here. Last two matches they have been speaking about the qualities of two strikers, Ameobi and Jerome. Both can only dream of being able to have the finishing ability of Rhodes but I'd be prepared to bet that both will have many many more PL appearances than Rhodes ever will. And goals in fact.

• Backroom

In honesty he was very poor today but he didn't look fit, maybe the fault of the manager / Leon best more than himself in that he 'had' to play.

Anyone else think he has finally realised we aren't going to be his ticket the the PL and he's lost interest? Watch this space for everyone outside the top 6 in the PL being linked to him from now til the end of January. Just can't see him being here for the rest of the season, and probably sold for much less than the fans think he's worth. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go for £8m - £9m at the back end of January. Obviously hoping that doesn't happen, we're in serious trouble if it does though.

• Backroom

He will score goals wherever he goes I imagine but as with Darren Bent after an initial period he may find himself out of the team in the top league as he doesn't have the attributes to lead the line.

At the minute he's at his worst run performance wise since Appleton but he seems a consummate pro and won't sulk and will keep doing what he can for the club till he moves on. All respect to him but he shouldn't be immune from criticism when underperforming as he was today

I just cant see a PL club signing him. He's clearly struggles as a lone striker and very few PL clubs play 2 up top, especially the ones lower down the table. Then again WestHam clearly need a striker and Sam has sniffed round him a couple of times (lol that sounds wrong)

Anyone else think he has finally realised we aren't going to be his ticket the the PL and he's lost interest? Watch this space for everyone outside the top 6 in the PL being linked to him from now til the end of January. Just can't see him being here for the rest of the season, and probably sold for much less than the fans think he's worth. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go for £8m - £9m at the back end of January. Obviously hoping that doesn't happen, we're in serious trouble if it does though.

May go to Wigan , Forest or more likely QPR on loan with a view to buying if they get promotion ...

Think QPR will be many points ahead come May ..

But he is not good enough for a prem team ..A dilemma indeed !

That's because we paid £8m for a 1st division player.

Been saying it since day one. Nice lad, good professional, great finisher, poor all round player.

Surprised at Stuart particularly who seems to know his stuff football wise, that he is unable to see this.

I just simply cannot see Rhodes being a success in the PL. It's such a huge step up, and undoubtedly you HAVE to be able to do more than just 'poach'. Therefore paying a PL transfer fee for the lad was, as I've alluded to before, poor business.

Glen can say what he likes about 'no other transfers to be done', it still screams at me as another poor decision by the morons running our club at the time, and further highlights the football manager type scenario we had at our club at the time. Ruined my Saturdays those keaners

Interesting watching MOTD here. Last two matches they have been speaking about the qualities of two strikers, Ameobi and Jerome. Both can only dream of being able to have the finishing ability of Rhodes but I'd be prepared to bet that both will have many many more PL appearances than Rhodes ever will. And goals in fact.

Who cares what he's like in the PL? Not me.

Yes, we overpaid and yes he isn't the all round striker (that we are never likely to get) but...

Given our position and funds, I would prefer us to take advantage of the fact that he SCORES GOALS when given the service and stop asking him to work on areas of his game which if achieved will contribute to more 0-0s at best.

We have no heroes at the club once you take Rhodes out of the equation. The only songs yesterday came after Dunny beat his man to get into the box and win a corners, and briefly when Rochina came on wearing his roller skates. That didn't last long.

Get Rhodes back to doing what he does best and let's enjoy the show instead of pretending we are the next MoTD pundits!

In today's Sunday People there is a story saying Forest want Rhodes.

Wonder how much there are willing to pay?

But Bowyer has already said that hes not for sale tho.

Will u believe we're heading for admin or oblivion until the LT or GB says? Get ur head out the sand anyone offering hard cash and Rhodes is gone.. Btw. Wigan didn't bid they made a tentative enquiry

I meant hard cash over 8 mill he's gone

To some extent I do feel sorry for Rhodes as one up top clearly doesn't suit him.

However, his body language has been pretty poor in the last couple of home games and his control and awareness (especially yesterday) were rank bad. Add to that quite a few disgruntled shouts towards him in the BBE lower from the famously fickle BRFC support and I'd expect he'll be gone before the end of January. But for a fraction of what we paid.

To some extent I do feel sorry for Rhodes as one up top clearly doesn't suit him. I'd expect he'll be gone before the end of January. But for a fraction of what we paid.

Tough. As I've said before, very few teams play two up top now, it's just modern day football. Massive onus is put on the attacking midfield 3, all of whom are beginning to demand the biggest fee every Transfer window, and is the role where most clubs look to employ their best and most influential players.

• Moderation Lead

'Twas chatting to the chap with whom the Huddersfield Chairman was stopping at his Portugal villa when Rhodes was signed....tells me he was laughing his **** off when the £8M offer came in.

Sounds legit.

Will u believe we're heading for admin or oblivion until the LT or GB says? Get ur head out the sand anyone offering hard cash and Rhodes is gone.. Btw. Wigan didn't bid they made a tentative enquiry

I meant hard cash over 8 mill he's gone

I don't think it'll take anything like an £8mill bid. This lot will take a big hit on him.

While there's a slither of hope for the club getting promoted, and that's the ONLY way Venky's can salvage something out of this mess, they would be insane to cash-in now. Even if they were able to recoup the transfer fee, that's not going to scratch what the club currently owes.

This fits JR to a tee. "His pace is very deceptive, he's slower than he looks" .......... Bill Shankly talking about Bob Latchfrod I think, BUT it fits our mon to perfection.

His keans will be under no danger when we go bust will they? He'll not be laughing so loud then I'd wager. I should think he will be quite a worried man at the moment.

This fits JR to a tee. "His pace is very deceptive, he's slower than he looks" .......... Bill Shankly talking about Bob Latchfrod I think, BUT it fits our mon to perfection.

His keans will be under no danger when we go bust will they? He'll not be laughing so loud then I'd wager. I should think he will be quite a worried man at the moment.

If he was half as good as Bob Latchford he'd do for me.

While there's a slither of hope for the club getting promoted, and that's the ONLY way Venky's can salvage something out of this mess, they would be insane to cash-in now. Even if they were able to recoup the transfer fee, that's not going to scratch what the club currently owes.

This is the crux of the matter. Having a goal scorer in the side is worth the risk. He wont have lost much if any value come the summer window. I say keep him and actually try to use him to better effect. Or we sell to a club like forest who will give him service to thrive on and we can sit quitely weeping into our beer as we remember how it felt to see him score for fun in blue and white. Oh and if the forest story is true, Davies was a manager folk were clamouring for last summer. Maybe the experienced manager we all wanted can see what an asset Rhodes can be. Lets not write him off just yet.

Archived