BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

so your saying Huddersfield have received the whole 8 million in one lump sum payment and these reports mostly from nixon that we were due a 2.5 mill payment to them on 31st of august as un true ?

We didn't... it is a structured deal over 5 years

please listen from 3 mins 20s in http://audioboo.fm/boos/1342833

to quote from audio above

HTAFC got 8 million for Jordan Rhodes over a 5 year deal

10% immediately went to Ipswich for their 10% sell on clause £800,000

Huddersfield got 2 million straight up (not including the £800,000 to Ipswich) 2012

Huddersfield get 2 million 2013 (this year i think at the end of august just gone)

Huddersfield get 800,000 2014

Huddersfield get 800,000 2015

Huddersfield get 800,000 2016

----------------------------------------

confirmed at the time,there was a sell on clause, confirmed at the supporters meeting last night that this is at 20%

I do have one question though as unless my maths are wrong does this not add up to 7.2 million? Tax maybe? I have no idea, unless the deal is 7.2 million in total.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huddersfield got 2 million straight up (not including the £800,000 to Ipswich) 2012

Huddersfield get 2 million 2013 (this year i think at the end of august just gone)

confirmed at the time,there was a sell on clause, confirmed at the supporters meeting last night that this is at 20%

I do have one question though as unless my maths are wrong does this not add up to 7.2 million? Tax maybe? I have no idea, unless the deal is 7.2 million in total.

Could it be that your owner is touting that line so Town fans don't kick off and say were is the money and why isn't it reinvested ? Would it show up in your annual accounts to confirm what he says ? Just speculating. These things do happen in football it's a world full of spin and lies sadly.

Could it be that your owner is touting that line so Town fans don't kick off and say were is the money and why isn't it reinvested ? Would it show up in your annual accounts to confirm what he says ? Just speculating. These things do happen in football it's a world full of spin and lies sadly.

I think you can only go on a man's actions. Since 2009 he has put in over 20 million pounds including building a state of the art training complex worth several million. Money that has been made has always been reinvested. He does not expect any of this money back. Just yesterday he has finally completed the purchase of the clubs shares in the stadium (watch out for scurrilous owners (prior to Hoyle) removing a club from the ownership of their own stadium). for 2 million and has immediately announced that they are to be placed into a trust so subsequent owners can never try to separate the club from the stadium.

It is like John Williams for you or even Jack walker before, in that they had a track record of be upfront, honest and doing everything for the best interest of the club. Would Williams have told porkies about a transfer deal, on record? I think not. It is the same with Hoyle, since he brought the club in 2009 he has only ever be straight with the fans when he has stated something. Can the same be said of the venky's and those who run your club over the last couple of years?

I expect everything will be transparent and shown in the end of year records for HTAFC.

£8M minus 10% = £7.2M = agents fees??

I think you can only go on a man's actions. Since 2009 he has put in over 20 million pounds including building a state of the art training complex worth several million. Money that has been made has always been reinvested. He does not expect any of this money back. Just yesterday he has finally completed the purchase of the clubs shares in the stadium (watch out for scurrilous owners (prior to Hoyle) removing a club from the ownership of their own stadium). for 2 million and has immediately announced that they are to be placed into a trust so subsequent owners can never try to separate the club from the stadium.

It is like John Williams for you or even Jack walker before, in that they had a track record of be upfront, honest and doing everything for the best interest of the club. Would Williams have told porkies about a transfer deal, on record? I think not. It is the same with Hoyle, since he brought the club in 2009 he has only ever be straight with the fans when he has stated something. Can the same be said of the venky's and those who run your club over the last couple of years?

I expect everything will be transparent and shown in the end of year records for HTAFC.

Fair do's sounds like a very good owner. I was just asking because i know facts sometimes get massaged, not for wrong doing but to prevent mass hysteria and meltdown in the fanbase-something we know well :( Anyway it will probably show in our accounts if they ever file them that is. Either way im glad JR is still here and it's money well spent whatever the arrangement !

I know for a fact that JW sometimes (let's say) - misled fans. There are times when any manager can't give the truth to people. That doesn't mean that your man was lieing of course, but you have to do better than that to convince people.

I know for a fact that JW sometimes (let's say) - misled fans. There are times when any manager can't give the truth to people. That doesn't mean that your man was lieing of course, but you have to do better than that to convince people.

When Ben wrote that I was minded of occasions where people had been in Williams' company and he'd made off the records comments that he would swear he never said, had they been repeated.

When Ben wrote that I was minded of occasions where people had been in Williams' company and he'd made off the records comments that he would swear he never said, had they been repeated.

You're talking about his meetings with fans, where he would give them snippets of information that weren't for general consumption, which is slightly different .

No worries it is guaranteed by the FA. IF Blackburn were liquidated or cannot pay any of the instalments the FA will pay the short fall... I don't know how that works but that came out at a Q&A session with Hoyle and the CEO of Town in response to someone asking the question of what if BRFC went bust before 5 years were up. .... old ground though....

I was quite happy to take your comments at face value until I read this. Either you or your chairman is spinning a line with this remark. The FA do not guarantee transfer payments and certainly wouldn't to one club on one deal.

There is a requirement in the game, a totally unfair one and I've never understood how it can be legal, that football debts must be paid first in the event of a club going bust. Your chairman might be thinking of this but the FA guaranteeing transfer fees? Never. If they guarantee a deal between two middling sized Championship clubs what about Gareth Bale and the £600m+ the PL threw around this summer?

This thread is about Rhodes contribution to Rovers not transfer fees. For me he's a natural goal scorer who makes a limited contribution to the team's play. If he can develop the rest of his game he could become a very valuable player but without this I think if he leaves it will be to a lower ranked PL club gambling on creating chances for him to score the goals to get them out of trouble.

If we think about some of our past strikers most of them had other aspects to their game but I don't see this in Rhodes. Without doubt his goals kept us in the Championship last season and might help a play-off push this time (jury still out for me) making him a great asset to the club.

He's on a winner here, PL wages and scoring for fun in a lower league without, presumably, the pressures of the PL.

Good news for us but how on earth are the likes of Leigh Griffiths starting for Scotland ahead of him

Never heard about him either, but it's a strange situation where our manager rates Rhodes at £10m, but Strachan doesn't seem to rate him at all. That's some gap.

Not that I agree with Strachan's choice, maybe it's because Rhodes has no PL or SPL experience?

Marshall - Cardiff (PL)

Hutton - Villa (PL)

Hanley - Rovers (C.) - Ex PL

Martin - Norwich (PL)

Whittaker - Norwich (PL)

Mulgrew - Celtic (SPL)

Brown - Celtic (SPL)

Maloney - Wigan (C.) - PL last year, I suppose, with Maloney previously 3 years at Celtic

Forrest - Celtic (SPL)

Griffiths - Wolves (L1) - last 2 years at Hibs (SPL)

Snodgrass - Norwich (PL)

Subs:

Gilks - Blackpool (C.)

Conway - Cardiff (PL)

Naismith - Everton (PL)

Wallace - Rangers (SL1)

Adam - Stoke (PL)

Rhodes - Rovers (C.)

McArthur - Wigan (PL)

Bannan - Palace (PL)

McCormack - Leeds (C.)

Anya - Watford (C.)

Greer - Brighton (C.)

Samson - Kilmarnock (SPL)

Also, if you read this link, It's important for Scotland (being under the cosh in most of their games), that they have a front man who can play isolated, hold the ball up - and interestingly - win free kicks. Rhodes doesn't score heavily on any of those counts. At the top level, being a goalscorers and nothing else, isn't enough.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/leigh-griffiths-can-fill-kenny-miller-scots-role-1-3079944

Rhodes coming on as sub now!😄

At the top level, being a goalscorers and nothing else, isn't enough.

Being classed as a goalscorer, though, means you score goals. Not "you can score goals" or "you might score goals" but "you actually do score goals". Otherwise, they just call you Jason Roberts.

Goals win games - as someone once said - and keep the fans happy and put bums on seats.

So how can being a goalscorer not be enough? Set up your team to their strengths and then get your defence (and midfield) to not concede and you'll win the league!

Not a pop, den, and I understand all the arguments, it's just a rather depressing observation of the modern game.

So how can being a goalscorer not be enough? Set up your team to their strengths and then get your defence (and midfield) to not concede and you'll win the league!

Not a pop, den, and I understand all the arguments,

I don't take it as a pop Stuart. The debate around Rhodes isn't about his goal scoring attributes, that's taken for granted Stuart. He's possibly the most composed finisher we've had since Andy McEvoy.

The link I posted explains it all.

I think Jordan will get his chance in the top level, only then will we know whether he can be accommodated.

Archived