BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

I don't take it as a pop Stuart. The debate around Rhodes isn't about his goal scoring attributes, that's taken for granted Stuart. He's possibly the most composed finisher we've had since Andy McEvoy.

The link I posted explains it all.

I think Jordan will get his chance in the top level, only then will we know whether he can be accommodated.

Alan Shearer ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats a hell of a comparison...van nistelrooy/inzaghi and jordan rhodes.

I wasn't making a comparison I was just pointing out that players who are simply goal scorers have made it at the top level. Rhodes may or may not make it at the top level (I Personally think he will as a goal scorer is invaluable at any level), but you cannot simply dismiss him by just saying he needs to do more than score goals, when the players I have named have done exactly that.

I wasn't making a comparison I was just pointing out that players who are simply goal scorers have made it at the top level. Rhodes may or may not make it at the top level (I Personally think he will as a goal scorer is invaluable at any level), but you cannot simply dismiss him by just saying he needs to do more than score goals, when the players I have named have done exactly that.

No they haven't. How often did you see those players in the flesh? I'm absolutely certain that it would be so much easier to mark Rhodes than RVN.

Who cares if Rhodes is good enough at the top level.

He's good enough at our level.

Wharrever.

There's a link that explains what's needed from a lone front player, particularly for a team that's up against the odds. It gives you the reason why Rhodes isn't currently starting for Scotland. I thought it was interesting. Either believe it or don't. Up to you.

I disagree with that, it depends how many you score. If you're a poor striker who can only manage 7-8 goals a season then obviously you need to bring something else to the table.

If you're a much more prolific marksman who can consistently deliver 30 goals a season at Championship level or 20 goals a season at Premiership level, you're more than worth your place in the side on that alone imo.

That is not to belittle Rhodes as I feel the criticism of his sll round play is vastly overstated anyway. Play a reasonable ball up to gim and more often than not he'll make something of it.

Absolute garbage. Those boys could bring it down, bring others in to play, had good distribution, and were bullies in many respects. Quite literally 50 times the player Rhodes is, both of them. Rhodes is great for us, but to compare him to those two is like comparing a Mini to a Ferrari.. (Thanks Stan).

Absolute garbage. Those boys could bring it down, bring others in to play, had good distribution, and were bullies in many respects. Quite literally 50 times the player Rhodes is, both of them. Rhodes is great for us, but to compare him to those two is like comparing a Mini to a Ferrari.. (Thanks Stan).

It's usually Rhodes' critics who compare him to some of the greatest strikers of all time, Shearer, Rush, RVN etc. In an attempt to make him look bad by comparison.

Pretty pointless really as all those other guys cost many many times in real terms what Rhodes did.

I think Bowyer is working hard to improve Jordan's supply lines. It seems to be working too, he has looked a far more dangerous player in the last 2 games. I hope I'm not deluding myself again!

Correct. Pacy wingmen in King and Kane and the vision of Dunn and Cairney is giving him the chances he craves. BUT if he wants to progress to the Prem then he must improve his weaknesses. That is solely down to him.

Who cares if Rhodes is good enough at the top level.

He's good enough at our level.

We need to sell him before he walks away for nowt in 3 years time. It is the natural order of things nowadays. Bowyer by setting then team up to play to JR's strengths is turning himself into a key man for the owners.

.............. probably means he'll be sacked come Christmas. :wacko:

Don't kid yourself, RVN was a big strong lad who could hold the ball up and knock defenders about.

As does Klose.

Well said. Don't know all the Scottish internationals so well but shouldn't Charlie Adam be a starter? Trapattoni picked Irish team strangely also. Last summer I mean.

Sorry to take this off topic but no, Charlie Adam isn't that good. Too many hollywood passes that go absolutely nowhere. Not very mobile either. Imagine Tugay without the ability and you have Charlie Adam.

Only saw the first half of the Scotland game last night....did Rhodes have any impact?

Sorry to take this off topic but no, Charlie Adam isn't that good. Too many hollywood passes that go absolutely nowhere. Not very mobile either. Imagine Tugay without the ability and you have Charlie Adam.

Only saw the first half of the Scotland game last night....did Rhodes have any impact?

Short answer is no, but Scotland were struggling to make any kind of headway, at that stage.

Scotland didn't score, so the answer is no.

I'm amazed at the people who go out of their way to discredit Rhodes for his shortcomings when his benefits and attitude far outweigh them.

We do have a small contingent here who, for some strange reason, see fit to snipe at him. He's not good enough for the PL, his all-round game is missing etc. Who on earth cares? What matters is the guy is doing the business for Rovers and long may it continue.

We do have a small contingent here who, for some strange reason, see fit to snipe at him. He's not good enough for the PL, his all-round game is missing etc. Who on earth cares? What matters is the guy is doing the business for Rovers and long may it continue.

His agent for one.

Archived