[Archived] Leicester City vs Blackburn Rovers: Tuesday 17th September 2013

Jimmy612

team for me

kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Lowe Cairney

Taylor Marshall King

Rhodes

Hoping bringing Marshall in the centre will gives us a little more creativity and build his confidence. Evans can come on from the bench as needed.

To be honest the side is as good as Leicester. A draw would be a decent result.

Id like that team at home.

Would be a bit worried that away from home we might be a little suspect defensively.Marshall King and Cairney not that great defensively would ask quite a lot of Lowe. Might be tempted to start Evans along side Cairney and Lowe. Later on in the game take off either Lowe or Evans.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with this line-up.

I have a feeling Taylor and Marshall have more quality than we have seen from them to date.

In the same way Ronaldo used to find the slowest defender and stand with him I would play King on whichever side the full-back is slowest.

I really hope DJ comes back soon or we sign another forward on loan - not necessarily to start but as back-up for Rhodes.

If that team plays to it's potential then we could cause an upset!

If Konchesky plays then it will obviously be him but Dyer will double up as the guy is rapid. If he doesn't then neither De Laet, Schlupp or Bakayogo are going to get outpaced by anyone

It's almost certain that GB will start with the same team from the weekend, but he'll ask Cairney to drop abit deeper to bring an extra player into midfield.

We'll then try and pick them off on the counter.

How we'll do that is the question that needs answering. There was too big a gap between the midfield and Jordan on Saturday as it was!

If Konchesky plays then it will obviously be him but Dyer will double up as the guy is rapid. If he doesn't then neither De Laet, Schlupp or Bakayogo are going to get outpaced by anyone

I'd stick him on Konchesky then. Martin Olsson's rapid but Aaron Lennon ripped him to shreds when we played Spurs a few years back because he's never been the best defender. With a bit of luck King can beat Konchesky for pace and Dyer with trickery. Well, maybe a lot of luck!

Not much seeing the logic of using the exact same team as the Burnley game. Think one or two changes to keep the team fresh for 3 games in 7 days would have made sense. Taylor and Judge are two very capable players we could have used to this end.

• Backroom

We really are poor at the back, the keeper isn't inspiring confidence and they all seem a little shaky (Spurr has been class though)

Henley has to replace Kane when fit

1-1 wow !!!

?

Archived