BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Some fans seem to be clinging on to the bad things that happened, using childish language about being 'hurt' and 'never forgiving'. I think it's time to get over it and for every fan to do what they can to help Rovers.

Some fans can't just put what's gone on in the past 3-4yrs to oneside and just 'get over it'.

As for using 'childish' language about being 'hurt' and 'never forgiving' FFS that's hardly childish language, its passionate language about a club that's been part of me and my family's life since it formed in 1875.

Not sure if you intended to wind people up with that post but it's certainly worked on me :angry2:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think people are underestimating Taylor's abilities because of his style. He's a very intelligent player with excellent awareness of what is happening around him imo.

I concur. Taylor has come on in leaps and bounds since he has been brought in and off the right wing. He shows much intelligence and glues the midfield together. I had him and gestede as mom's today.

This wasn't a normal cup game though. We were playing the best team in the country live on tv. A positive result would be a morale boost, give us some positive press coverage for a change, send out a message that ewood is becoming a difficult place to go again, and the chance to earn £500k from the replay. With these factors in mind, it was a brave move to risk us losing the match. Just think, the 500k we'll now make has paid for Cairney`s transfer fee!

Excellent point. I hope that means GB gets another 500k added to his transfer funds. :)

I concur. Taylor has come on in leaps and bounds since he has been brought in and off the right wing. He shows much intelligence and glues the midfield together. I had him and gestede as mom's today.

Taylor has become a key figure in this team, as has Spurr, funny how so many people said that they were league 1 players and wrote them off.

Some fans can't just put what's gone on in the past 3-4yrs to oneside and just 'get over it'.As for using 'childish' language about being 'hurt' and 'never forgiving' FFS that's hardly childish language, its passionate language about a club that's been part of me and my family's life since it formed in 1875.Not sure if you intended to wind people up with that post but it's certainly worked on me :angry2:

Apologies to you and all - no offence meant.

I just want positive things for the club, and positive fans can help.

Seeing as this could literally be a make or break season for Blackburn Rovers FC, you are much entitled to think that way. The fans should be making a concerted effort to support the team as the twelfth man and utilize whatever advantage they have for our promotion campaign. Unfortunately, the club has burned many bridges and once fans quit the habit, it's hard for them to get it back after years of being lied and insulted to. If not for living 270 odd miles away, I think I'd be a regular attendee this season. Easy for me to say, I know, but Bowyer et al have begun to restore the feel-good factor to the club and Rovers actually resemble something of a football club these days instead of the off-field circus of the last three years. This might be the last chance Rovers have of ever making it to the big-time, and without being sensationalist, failure to meet that might spell the end of BRFC as we know it. Surely that's worth putting differences aside for once last hurrah? Then again, what do I know?

I notice that you regularly make 500 mile round trips to support the club. That being the case you don't owe anybody an apology by my reckoning.

I understand that.

The trouble is that the natural human response of seeing your club abused, ridiculed and dismantled is one of anger and resentment. The resulting negativity is like a self fulfilling prophesy. Negative fans do contribute to negative results etc.

So...how to break the cycle?.

Bowyer and co are doing their bit. I am doing mine by renewing and getting behind the team...but not without some soul searching at the time...

I honestly think Venky's could do a bit by some leadership/honest communication etc Have they ever thought about actually trying to engage the supporters in their plan "going forward"?

Anyway, I walk the line.an emotional tightrope between getting behind my team, yet maintaining my critique and deep mistrust of foreign owners....

It is not a very snappy slogan but "Love Rovers, maintain my mistrust!"

I notice that you regularly make 500 mile round trips to support the club. That being the case you don't owe anybody an apology by my reckoning.

Every home game mate - 400 plus mile round trip. And away games when i can. A crazy skint rovers fan.

I want fans to rally round the club rather than dwell on mistakes from the past. And I would like fans to bear in mind that however we got here, if venkys walk now we go out of business.

But I don't want to cause offence to fellow fans who, like me, have been through bad times in recent years - under venky ownership.

Every home game mate - 400 plus mile round trip. And away games when i can. A crazy skint rovers fan.

I want fans to rally round the club rather than dwell on mistakes from the past. And I would like fans to bear in mind that however we got here, if venkys walk now we go out of business.

But I don't want to cause offence to fellow fans who have also been through bad times in recent years.

Its hard sometimes when you have such strong views on subjects, you cant always understand why people would feel different to you. Like you Im in the rar rar lets get behind the team kind of guy, but as with all things in life people are made differently and deal/react to things in a different way.

Some fans can't just put what's gone on in the past 3-4yrs to oneside and just 'get over it'.

As for using 'childish' language about being 'hurt' and 'never forgiving' FFS that's hardly childish language, its passionate language about a club that's been part of me and my family's life since it formed in 1875.

Not sure if you intended to wind people up with that post but it's certainly worked on me :angry2:

Can't or dont care to even try? Their choice but I do sometimes wish the staways by choice would stayaway from the board.

Can't or dont care to even try? Their choice but I do sometimes wish the staways by choice would stayaway from the board.

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick USA, I WAS a stayaway under that rat Kean, but came back as soon as he was sacked.

I was there on Boxing day and probably will be at City for the replay.

As for forgiving the owners, or trying to, that will never happen, and I'm surprised you're advocating such a stance knowing where you come from and which era you grew up in, maybe the US has softened you up!

Credit to GB. Pre season main discussion was midfield we had none...lost out on murphy who went to leeds and spearing which caused an uproar...GB only went and made our midfield on its day one of the best in the league..the mess he had in preseason to where we are now is an achievement in itself

Credit to GB. Pre season main discussion was midfield we had none...lost out on murphy who went to leeds and spearing which caused an uproar...GB only went and made our midfield on its day one of the best in the league..the mess he had in preseason to where we are now is an achievement in itself

I think we often forget how far we've come under Bowyer Mo, me included.

Chatting about the situation last night and doesn't it just highlight how many out of touch ex-pro's are riding the gravy train in the national media and on TV. Almost to a man they all backed that idiot Kean and blamed the owners and fans for the situation the club found itself in and yet Bowyer is working under the same constraints and the clubs on the up, playing football with a chance of the play offs, strange that :rock:

• Backroom

Careful over the liberal use of "we" GAV, there are some of us on here repeating this constantly only to be told we should be achieving more.

Chatting about the situation last night and doesn't it just highlight how many out of touch ex-pro's are riding the gravy train in the national media and on TV. Almost to a man they all backed that idiot Kean and blamed the owners and fans for the situation the club found itself in and yet Bowyer is working under the same constraints and the clubs on the up, playing football with a chance of the play offs, strange that :rock:

Not really when you have a football person in charge, instead of money grabbing agents and lying scumbag Glasgow mafia coupled with clueless owners.

Looks like Bowyer has broken the cycle by just being honest, lets hope it is not to late

Bowyer's best traits seem to be common sense and honesty. He's making massive improvements for those two reasons alone, IMO. The play against Man City had me thinking that this squad could survive in the PL, if only we could get promoted.

Indeed so. The spoils of war. So how come you aren't speaking Sioux (or in your caes Apache)then Steve? You've robbed them of everything else too.

We do have Sioux, Apache, etc. We have no official language, but prefer English (though Spanish is also massively prevalent). The rest we keep in the closet until convenient. For example, our use of Navajo during the WWII Pacific campaign.

I think we prefer English as that's the language of our forefathers. My ancestor, William Henry Moss IV, was a North Carolinian who fought against the English during the Revolutionary War. His ancestors, Richard and Edward Moss, were from Lancashire and fought for Charles I against Cromwell before immigrating (or fleeing- your choice). That family history is repeated millions of times over here in the USA.

So what I'm getting at is that its our language too, so if we Americans chose to butcher it, that's our prerogative.

Which war was that, we moved out,

As Theno says when are you going to give America back to the original owners.

Talking of invasions have you lot learned how to invade the correct airport yet?

;)

Moved out? More like evicted. Which is a shame as I think the British Empire would still exist (and likely would have been unstoppable) if only George III and his advisers had the wits to give us colonials the rights of Englishman.

Return the land to the original owners? Never. But if we did something better for them in exchange; we made them Americans.

And on that point, everything we've learned about invading, colonization, etc., we picked up from you. So glass houses and all of that.

I'm not sure what the airport reference is about.

The war that the yanks had to use the Frogs to save their collective arses. Too bad this beautiful land would have looked good with Union Jacks flying over it.

Are you really hiding behind the "French beat us" excuse? I thought it was a capital crime to assert that France could ever overcome England. A more correct assertion might be that you were beaten by colonials (Englishmen or the descendants of Englishmen), but only because the French threw a cheap shot when you weren't looking.

And I agree that there was a missed opportunity, but you brought it upon yourselves. But as I have a soft spot for England, I'd be willing to vote to make you guys state nos. 51-60. I'd even vote to let you keep the Queen, if you really wanted.

Bowyer's best traits seem to be common sense and honesty. He's making massive improvements for those two reasons alone, IMO. The play against Man City had me thinking that this squad could survive in the PL, if only we could get promoted.

We do have Sioux, Apache, etc. We have no official language, but prefer English (though Spanish is also massively prevalent). The rest we keep in the closet until convenient. For example, our use of Navajo during the WWII Pacific campaign.

I think we prefer English as that's the language of our forefathers. My ancestor, William Henry Moss IV, was a North Carolinian who fought against the English during the Revolutionary War. His ancestors, Richard and Edward Moss, were from Lancashire and fought for Charles I against Cromwell before immigrating (or fleeing- your choice). That family history is repeated millions of times over here in the USA.

So what I'm getting at is that its our language too, so if we Americans chose to butcher it, that's our prerogative.

Moved out? More like evicted. Which is a shame as I think the British Empire would still exist (and likely would have been unstoppable) if only George III and his advisers had the wits to give us colonials the rights of Englishman.

Return the land to the original owners? Never. But if we did something better for them in exchange; we made them Americans.

And on that point, everything we've learned about invading, colonization, etc., we picked up from you. So glass houses and all of that.

I'm not sure what the airport reference is about.

Are you really hiding behind the "French beat us" excuse? I thought it was a capital crime to assert that France could ever overcome England. A more correct assertion might be that you were beaten by colonials (Englishmen or the descendants of Englishmen), but only because the French threw a cheap shot when you weren't looking.

And I agree that there was a missed opportunity, but you brought it upon yourselves. But as I have a soft spot for England, I'd be willing to vote to make you guys state nos. 51-60. I'd even vote to let you keep the Queen, if you really wanted.

good reply

the only reason you would make us the 51-60 states is to get the Queen

some posters believe we are already treated as Yanky states

maybe you should ask the Indians what they would like

Bowyer has worked wonders so far. I didn't need a good performance against City to make me aware of that but it seems that since beating Leeds and drawing against City a lot more fans have started to realise what a good job he's doing.

The sad thing is, next time we lose we'll get the whole `bowyer out` nonsense again.

Taylor has become a key figure in this team, as has Spurr, funny how so many people said that they were league 1 players and wrote them off.

I was one who didn't rate Taylor when he was played on the wing. Since he's been given a roving midfield role he is like another player.

I was one who didn't rate Taylor when he was played on the wing. Since he's been given a roving midfield role he is like another player.

I wasn't highlighting your good self, just the people who formed a judgement before seeing him play. Strangely agree again with you that the change of position has seen a vast improvement in his performances.

Bowyer has worked wonders so far. I didn't need a good performance against City to make me aware of that but it seems that since beating Leeds and drawing against City a lot more fans have started to realise what a good job he's doing.

The sad thing is, next time we lose we'll get the whole `bowyer out` nonsense again.

It isn't just those two games - over the whole season we have been improving. Barring some ridiculous defending - the Birmingham game we were excellent. The Sheffield match was a disappointment - but we had enough chances to win the match. We need a bit of luck with injuries, run of the ball - and referees - and we could easily make the play-offs. If the performances continue to improve and we can add some consistency - who knows.

Archived