BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

Principles? Since the evil has gone and the air has cleared somewhat I am much more amenable to the situation. I'm even coming around to find a modicum of sympathy for the Venkymob. However you are a fine one to talk about principles after stating that you would be boycotting only to go all weak kneed at the death and succumb before sending your cheque eagerly off to Pune or Geneva or Glasgow or wherever it went. I stayed away cos I couldn't stomach the lies and deceptions provided by the first months of the Venky / Kean / Anderson rule. I identified the corrupt and evil forces at work, I knew where it would end and that 20 years of Jack Walkers input would be blown to the four winds. I simply could not support it nor could I put my money into supporting it. My principles meant that I spent time at many of the protests too before turning tail and going home*. Now you have the nerve to question my principles! Just where the hell do you keep yours?

*btw the one I missed was against Spurs and I was doing corporate that day. ^_^

As I explained at the time my decision was influenced by my son"s need to have an adult carer take him to games. I also stated this meant it made my decision very easy as while I may have felt I wanted to stop my greater desire to preserve my son's enjoyment meant I didn't have to make the decision others have made.

In short I was not and remain not prepared to make the decision to stop when the greater impact will be on my son who is incapable of making or understanding such a decision for himself.

I'm sure you can find the relevant posts yourself.

Which returns us to the point it's difficult to see how a fan who is prepared to accept freebies but not prepared to pay for the majority of games can criticise others who don't attend.

It"s all very well withdrawing financial support for the Venkys but doing it in a manner which has no impact on your enjoyment of watching Rovers is hardly a tough decision.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously however if he's on a freebie, he can't really be too critical of anyone not paying to attend but his views applied to the fanbase as a whole are generally correct imo. Apart from Lancs United!

RB as that was precisely my point I'm not sure what you're saying to me?

Gordon frequently criticises the fan base for non attendance stating the town does not deserve, at the time, PL football. I've no problem with that view though I don't agree with it. However refusing to pay but attending on free tickets hardly puts one on the moral high ground in relation to the owners. It becomes a very easy decision whereas I, as I'm sure you do, know plenty of people for whom stopping was a very difficult decision.

It's also an easy decision for me but I don't chose to lecture the fan base on attendance or otherwise.

Cracking prices at 15 quid for the replay. Will have to give that a go.

Postscript on the attendance issue, did I hear on the radio that 32 k Derby fans packed into Pride Park for the visit of Chelsea? Why the completely different attitude from their fans towards their tie compared to our attitude to ours? Their fans obviously didn't think it was too expensive after Christmas or that it was only the FA Cup etc.

If we could bottle the enthusiasm shown by the Derby fans for their tie and indeed the City fans for ours we'd be on to a winner.

Here's you not blaming the fans again Rev!

Stop ttrying to completely misrepresent the point I was making 47er. I've never said that what has happened to the Club over the last few seasons was the fans fault.

My point related to the turnout for a one off game against prestige opposition and the likely implications of that for attendances in general in the future.

Rev, you keep talking about prestige opposition. Until the clowns in Pune got hold of this club a game against City was merely a bread and butter League match. Why should people turn up in numbers merely to be reminded of the fact that we will now only play the likes of City once in "a blue moon" (forgive the pun) in a cup game? Desai and the Brothers Grimm have destroyed the fanbase and it will takes years to rebuild and I'm not convinced it ever will be. People are free to choose what they do with regard to supporting the club. You can't have a go at people because their choice is different to yours or mine.

As I explained at the time my decision was influenced by my son"s need to have an adult carer take him to games. I also stated this meant it made my decision very easy as while I may have felt I wanted to stop my greater desire to preserve my son's enjoyment meant I didn't have to make the decision others have made.

In short I was not and remain not prepared to make the decision to stop when the greater impact will be on my son who is incapable of making or understanding such a decision for himself.

I'm sure you can find the relevant posts yourself.

Which returns us to the point it's difficult to see how a fan who is prepared to accept freebies but not prepared to pay for the majority of games can criticise others who don't attend.

It"s all very well withdrawing financial support for the Venkys but doing it in a manner which has no impact on your enjoyment of watching Rovers is hardly a tough decision.

I can surely criticise others when I do pay as I did v Man City can't I Paul?

btw 1 I had decided to pack in and stuck to my word until a close family friend asked me to go with her when her son couldn't attend as she didn't really want to a. go on her own and b. waste a ticket.

btw 2 Do you actually pay for your ticket Paul? I'd have thought that by taking Tom you don't need to. Have you checked?

I wouldn't normally get involved in futile attendance debates but does anybody know what the percentage of Rovers fans attending was versus the number of season tickets sold. Proportionally I would hazard a guess that the figure is surprisingly high.

I wouldn't normally get involved in futile attendance debates but does anybody know what the percentage of Rovers fans attending was versus the number of season tickets sold. Proportionally I would hazard a guess that the figure is surprisingly high.

I am now wishing I could act as an adviser to Venky's. I could give them a 5 point plan about things they would have to do and say to begin to win some people back.

I've booked the recliner directly in front of the TV :)

Best to bagsi it early.

edit:

Your statement reminds me of the joke that was going around Twitter yesterday:

Manchester United fans destroy their season tickets after being dumped out of the FA Cup by Swansea at the weekend!!

BdS0Y9hCcAAR4Vq.jpg

(genuinely not comparing you to them though as i had to think twice about booking giving finances and the fact it's televised)

I am now wishing I could act as an adviser to Venky's. I could give them a 5 point plan about things they would have to do and say to begin to win some people back.

I would only need TWO points to address Venkys,.... both on the same hand

Tickets booked and an 11 hour round trip booked also. Hoping we can put up some sort of a fight to make it worthwhile. Don't want to be wallowing in a pit of 5-0 depression on an overnight coach back to london!

Oh dear.

Did you see Pellegrinis face during the post match interview. He was an angry man :lol:

btw 2 Do you actually pay for your ticket Paul? I'd have thought that by taking Tom you don't need to. Have you checked?

Tom like any person who requires care is entitled to a "Carer's ticket." The rule is the disabled person pays for a ticket and the carer goes free. Therefor technically I don't pay for my ticket. In reality as Tom can't afford an ST I pay for mine and he goes free.

So yes I pay for my ticket and yes we do get two for the price of one. A small perk provided by Rovers to disadvantaged people for whom the cost of an ST is unattainable from the paltry benefits the government sees fit to allow them.

Given the attendance there must have been over 10,000 fans in the Rovers areas i.e. something like the number of ST holders. Of course a lot of ST holders won't have gone and many casual Rovers fans will have done, plus some neutral fans and no doubt some City fans in the home areas (although I was surpassed how few there seemed to be in the JW - certainly I didn't see anyone jump up when they scored).

Tom like any person who requires care is entitled to a "Carer's ticket." The rule is the disabled person pays for a ticket and the carer goes free. Therefor technically I don't pay for my ticket. In reality as Tom can't afford an ST I pay for mine and he goes free.

So yes I pay for my ticket and yes we do get two for the price of one. A small perk provided by Rovers to disadvantaged people for whom the cost of an ST is unattainable from the paltry benefits the government sees fit to allow them.

I'm sure that nobody resents your free ticket for taking your disadvantaged son Paul. Really pleased that Rovers help out in these cases.

Maybe Rovers can cause him to suffer a complete meltdown come the replay? :rover:

He was on Granada news just now saying as how such a big club only looks at the most important players (on the subject of transfer window) - I remember when they didn't have a pot to p*ss in

He was on Granada news just now saying as how such a big club only looks at the most important players (on the subject of transfer window) - I remember when they didn't have a pot to p*ss in

Still wouldn't have if the ayrabs buggered off.

Archived