BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Out of any post I've ever read, that has to go down as the most absurd.

Agreed. But I knew as soon as things started to settle down and resemble something close to normality certain posters would creep back to blaming the fans and subtly backing Venky's (whilst claiming they aren't).

The stay away fans try and justify there absence by claiming once there skint they will go.

Really?

The stay away fans try and justify there absence by claiming once there skint they will go. So will the club, downwards.

The fans again?

Out of any post I've ever read, that has to go down as the most absurd.

Agreed.

People are getting carried away.

The football is getting better and we're now looking like we could get into the play offs. Until recently, that hadn't been the case.

I personally haven't been to Blackburn since our relegation simply because I can't justify spending x amount of money on travel, accommodation, tickets etc simply to watch a mid table Championship game which hasn't got anything riding on it. I've gone to several away games and I believe our away attendances have actually been quite healthy.

The damage that has been done wont be simply washed away by a good month or two of football. If we can kick on from here and get into genuine play off contention then we may well see the attendances slowly rise at Ewood. I for one would be tempted back for a play off semi final for example.

You have to remember though that even in the premiership we went through a period of not getting over 20k each week (between 04-06?). I think Fulham at home regularly brought only 16k or so in. Given the circumstances, to be averaging around 14/15k isn't actually that bad considering.

Den,

After reading on this forum for awhile I find that hard to believe.

I don't care who pays the bills at ewood it's still my club, if fans think keeping 150 in there bank rather than getting a half season ticket and giving vocal support then Ill have to disagree,

As it certainly won't bankrupt the owners.

Whatever your opinion

It's not the fault of the fans we are we're we are, so don't try and score points and twist my intentions. but I don't see how you can be a fan and justify not going. If you can.

If you can't see that then your a different breed than me. The football is decent at moment, we are improving and won't get a better chance to get promoted. Not attending due to some principle is stupid,

I personally haven't been to Blackburn since our relegation simply because I can't justify spending x amount of money on travel, accommodation, tickets etc simply to watch a mid table Championship game which hasn't got anything riding on it. I've gone to several away games and I believe our away attendances have actually been quite healthy.

Out of interest, would you be able to justify the time and expense to come to Ewood if we were a PL team?

Whatever your opinion

I don't see how you can be a fan and justify not going. If you can.

If you can't see that then your a different breed than me. The football is decent at moment, we are improving and won't get a better chance to get promoted. Not attending due to some principle is stupid,

To say the fans are hurting the club more than the owners is silly. Every fan has the right to choose if he/she attends, it's got sod all to do with anyone else.

My dad is a massive Rovers fan, if we lose on a Saturday he doesn't speak to anyone until Monday, it's a big part of his life, but he doesn't go anymore, think about that blue n whites.

Out of interest, would you be able to justify the time and expense to come to Ewood if we were a PL team?

When we were a prem team I managed to get up once or twice a season but mainly just stuck to the away games due to living down south. To be honest this is the first time in the last 2/3 years that I've felt genuine optimism regarding the club and I'm planning on coming up in the next month or so. If I lived closer then I would have attended more games but its not easy especially now given the level of football we're at and the overall chaos surrounding the club since 2010. I'm not going to try and justify why I havent attended particularly, but I wouldn't be surprised if many other fans felt the same way as me.

Good Lord, do you really think attendances could have that much effect on our financial situation?

Ticket prices must've gone up alarmingly.

In my view, it will have no effect whatsoever on our financial future, we're in very deep water. It's like getting people to bail out the Titanic with soup tins. If Rhodes goes it won't be because fans have stayed away.

Fans buying tickets directly helps the club financially.

It also has a positive affect on performances (assuming the attendees aren't booing.) Improved performances and results will help the club's financial future - especially if it gets us promoted. A higher gate would also make us a more attractive proposition for other potential owners.

What I think you mean is that we are in such a mess we shouldn't bother trying to help. Rovers may be broken beyond repair - we don't know, but I say good on every fan who attends matches and supports when they can. It is easier to give up and to mock those who haven't.

staying at home, moaning about the past certainly isn't helping.

I've stood by and didn't comment at all about our owners, managers etc. coz I felt the same as the most hostile fans and it sucked out my passion, I felt betrayed and disgusted, but a times comes when you draw a line in the sand and help the club.

Gav, I know fans who walk round in burn shirts, add all the players on twitter, take a massive interest, collect programmes etc , but are quite happy to see us struggling, potentially get in administration because they HATE the owners. It's these fans I'm talking about.

They hate the owners more than they love the club.

To say the fans are hurting the club more than the owners is silly. Every fan has the right to choose if he/she attends, it's got sod all to do with anyone else.

My dad is a massive Rovers fan, if we lose on a Saturday he doesn't speak to anyone until Monday, it's a big part of his life, but he doesn't go anymore, think about that blue n whites.

I'm like your dad then. I do start speaking to people on Sunday though.

some good highlights here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/video/?vid=a030fda4-32ce-4b57-a311-75321eb273b4

Don't really think their first goal was off-side and they should have had a pen---Spurr. But hey-ho we never get them.

Sorry but can't agree with you on either count. The offside was very marginal but real and if you start to give penalties for that we are all in trouble.

I think the gate debate and the rights and wrongs of fans turning up is being blown out of proportion to be honest.

When have we ever had good gates in the early cup rounds against decent sides? It's always been the same as far as I can recall since we went up to the Premiership in 92.

If you want to talk about poor cup turnouts, the UEFA cup gate against Trelleborgs will forever live with me as the most embarrassing cup gate ever.

Good performance by the lads yesterday, lets not over shadow things because of a daft remark from Rev.

No Full Members Cup round 4 against Oxford with about 1.900 on qualifies for that Gav ! But not far behind you're right.

Not sure why the FA cup has lost some of its lustre - 3rd round of the cup is always an exciting day for me and to have City at home 25 years ago when we were averaging 6k would have had a much higher home gate on. Would take a day at wembley watching Rovers any day - just to take my lad - in any competition but an FA Cup final that is something special. We missed Luton wembley in 2002 due to the millennium stadium hosting the league cup final but to have the whole wembley experience for an FA Cup final that would be a memory to,live with like thePrem years or the European nights that we will never forget (together with some of the 80's Manx Cup games at the Turf - these are the days I will never forget supporting Rovers !)

Fans buying tickets directly helps the club financially.

It also has a positive affect on performances (assuming the attendees aren't booing.) Improved performances and results will help the club's financial future - especially if it gets us promoted. A higher gate would also make us a more attractive proposition for other potential owners.

What I think you mean is that we are in such a mess we shouldn't bother trying to help. Rovers may be broken beyond repair - we don't know, but I say good on every fan who attends matches and supports when they can. It is easier to give up and to mock those who haven't.

Agree Bucks. If the Lunes walk away now we may not have Ewood Park or indeed our club. Despise them as I may - without them there is no club unless someone rolls up with a barrow full of cash......

You really don't get it do you rev?

Once again you mention people having a valid reason

Simon does have a point IMO. We have premier league facilities without a doubt, we have premier league ambitions but we do not have premier league support. That isn't a criticism of anyone in general it is a fact.

Pass that tin hat rev......

Simon does have a point IMO. We have premier league facilities without a doubt, we have premier league ambitions but we do not have premier league support. That isn't a criticism of anyone in general it is a fact.

That is one of the defining great features of being English, we love the underdog

Simon was critical of the fans not turning up yesterday like it was something new?

Our fans haven't been turning up for cup games since 92! It's got nothing to do with the current situation.

We did have Gordon I remember forever defending our Premiership attendances against the likes of Philip who was generally scathing about the mentality of Blackburn people from his hideaway in Malta.

What puzzles me though is - if people won't come out for a plum home Cup tie against City (best team in the Country) what will it take for them to come out?

Burnley game? Play off semi final? Play off final? FA Cup Final? Return to Premiership?

Should it need to be a super special occasion before many fans will return?

Fixture of that magnitude? It's the FA Cup third round for crying out loud! Forget who the opposition were it was almost a meaningless game. Why do you think we rested Rhodem?.

Common sense tactics prevailed. JR isnt physical enough to do any sort of job v man city he would have been in lescotts arse pocket.

• Backroom

Yes but if you are going to criticise fans and say they should go and support burnley where is the cut off?

Those that don't have season tickets?

Those that didn't go yesterday?

Those that didn't go to burnley?

Those that didn't go to Wigan?

Those that didn't go to Leeds?

Those that don't go further afield?

Or and what I assume is more accurate - those that didn't attend a game that he did!

Simon was critical of the fans not turning up yesterday like it was something new?

Our fans haven't been turning up for cup games since 92! It's got nothing to do with the current situation.

I would say 1961

Gav, the difference is that since 92 we were generally the bigger team playing some sort of relative minnow. It's hardly surprising there was correspondingly little interest in that.

In years gone by before that a plum Cup tie against a top side would have seen Ewood packed to the rafters even if League attendances were miserable.

Anyhow, you've changed your tune completely recently since the days when you dubbed me "Revidge from the armchair" when I suggested I might do my fans piece without going to every single away game you bugger!

Archived