BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

When the teams attack ranked 12th so far this season and the team having failed to score a goal in a third of the games with a defence thats ranked 8th over the season. Finishing top three in this league come May is going to be one mighty task, the stats would suggest.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be pedantic the population of Blackburn with Darwen is actually around 140 k. and gates have dropped off by around 50% from a 26k peak under Allardyce.

Even allowing for far less away fans in this division I think the drop off is a lot more severe than you'd expect purely by virtue of relegation with no extraneous circumstances.

"A 26k peak under Allardyce"! Well well well!! Imagine how many would have attended if we'd played entertaining football!

So if bowyer can tell them that attendances are growing and people have stopped referring to them as clowns and lunes, you don't think that would make them more likely to keep funding the club?!

I think fan support can only help.

I think referring to them as clowns and lunes after the destruction they have caused at this club is quite mild. Gary is employed by them and has to work with them and therefore, because he's a decent guy, he will always be respectful. The fans owe them nothing but contempt for the damage they have caused. If they don't like the way we talk about them - tough. The fact that Desai and the Brothers Grimm don't show there face around here suggests that they know only too well what the people of Blackburn think about them.

Attendances are growing?? where?? The BBE lower tier yesterday was a joke for a game of that magnitude.And since when have people even slightly indicated they are beginning to accept these morons??

They have killed it and will never ever be forgiven by the vast majority and the longer they are here the worse it will get.

Accepting that I abandoned my ST in the summer of 2011 cos of the Venky's lies (although I do take in most home matches one way or another) I do feel that many use the owners as a convenient excuse not to bother going as indeed many used 'packing in' on one poor showing in an FA Cup Final in 1960...... and that was just a few matches after a big style raining on King of the Midden Burnleys parade in the 1/4 finals. 'That was it for me' was the BRFC abstainers convenient war cry through the 60's and 70's until they all died.

Dare I say 'Like father like son' is perhaps applicable?

Accepting that I abandoned my ST in the summer of 2011 cos of the Venky's lies (although I do take in most home matches one way or another) I do feel that many use the owners as a convenient excuse not to bother going as indeed many used 'packing in' on one poor showing in an FA Cup Final in 1960...... and that was just a few matches after a big style raining on King of the Midden Burnleys parade in the 1/4 finals. 'That was it for me' was the BRFC abstainers convenient war cry through the 60's and 70's until they all died.

I thought it was as much about greedy players getting too many tickets and putting them on the black market..along with Dougan's behaviour re transfer request and claiming to be fit, when he wasn't.

Nevertheless, the grievances persisted -I reckon-until Jack and Kenny in the early 90's..over 30 years. I think there is so much resonance between early 60's fans response and now.

Regarding the attendance, what about Forest getting 14,400 against West Ham? Big city club going well in the league.

I think there just needs to be some recognition of the change in attitudes to the FA Cup. Whichever broadcaster has paid for it will shove "the magic of the cup" line down people's throats all day long, but it doesn't mean everyone actually buys it. Are Championship clubs supposed to feel honoured to be hosting a PL team or something? Its the same deal for us as it is for City, the league is more important.

nothing to do with that. it was a ticket issue

I'm sure this has been mentioned but I haven't been on here for two days.

I can't see any ticket info on the official website - is it me being daft or is there none yet? If anyone knows when they are on sale I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks

Thoroughly enjoyed this match. Though the atmosphere was flat until we scored.

Very impressed with the entire team really. Cairney, Gestede, Dann and Taylor being the standouts for me. I really like Taylor. He gives it his all and is a massive nuisance. Cairney justified his move entirely in that match, absolutely class - just a shame his curling effort didn't end up in the top corner.

Kind of wish GB brought Rhodes on earlier though.

After I left the match, about 5 minutes after the final whistle, Rochina was driving his flashy Range Rover through the crowds heading toward the M65 junction. Not sure if this is normal practice for players who do not play a match?

I would of thought it better to stay for 30-40 minutes while the crowd dies down rather than drive at walking pace through thousands of fans? Strange.

I can't see any ticket info on the official website - is it me being daft or is there none yet? If anyone knows when they are on sale I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks

They said ticket details would be announced today :)

I don't expect anyone at Man City (or Rovers for that matter!) would've thought they'd have to think about it!!

I presume there's a conversation going on between the two clubs as we speak re the pricing for the game, as both have to agree for a cup game. City are charging £25 for their Carling Cup semi on Wednesday so I would think that would be the maximum, possibly less.

Ticket issue, personal appearences and charging fans for autographs, shocking performance (albeit by 10 men for most of the match) and Derek Dougan...... the perfect storm.

When I was growing up, we had an older neighbour, who was very hurt about Rovers for years and stayed away.

When I wasn't trying to persuade him to give Furphy's/Lee's/Smith's lads a chance, I picked his brains a couple of times about the cup final wounds,...Perfect storm...exactly.

Thoroughly enjoyed this match. Though the atmosphere was flat until we scored.

Very impressed with the entire team really. Cairney, Gestede, Dann and Taylor being the standouts for me. I really like Taylor. He gives it his all and is a massive nuisance. Cairney justified his move entirely in that match, absolutely class - just a shame his curling effort didn't end up in the top corner.

Kind of wish GB brought Rhodes on earlier though.

After I left the match, about 5 minutes after the final whistle, Rochina was driving his flashy Range Rover through the crowds heading toward the M65 junction. Not sure if this is normal practice for players who do not play a match?

I would of thought it better to stay for 30-40 minutes while the crowd dies down rather than drive at walking pace through thousands of fans? Strange.

Forgot which match it was, when it was really lashing it down as we left earlier this season, Dunny drove past me on Branch Road so I think it is pretty common.

(although I do take in most home matches one way or another)

You mean Free Tickets ;) in which case most fans that are not bothering would still be going, eh Gord!

Archived