BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ruben Rochina

Tom

Should we have kept him?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, simple answers - should we have kept Ruben?

• Yes
    • No

• Backroom

Because we need a Dunn type and Dunn isn't going to be playing more than a handful of games

As a third striker he's probably better than most options, he'd be good off Rudy I think when Rhodes is misfiring or needs to come off

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we need a Dunn type and Dunn isn't going to be playing more than a handful of games

As a third striker he's probably better than most options, he'd be good off Rudy I think when Rhodes is misfiring or needs to come off

If we continue to play 4-4-2, which is the system we have played our best football with this season, then we don't need a Dunn type player but another natural striker or perhaps 2. Rochina is one of those players who gets better every time he doesn't play and when he does play you realise what a overrated, lazy show pony he is. If he came from Barrow instead of Barcelona I am sure he would not have people raving about him and calling for him to be part of the team.

If we continue to play 4-4-2, which is the system we have played our best football with this season, then we don't need a Dunn type player but another natural striker or perhaps 2. Rochina is one of those players who gets better every time he doesn't play and when he does play you realise what a overrated, lazy show pony he is. If he came from Barrow instead of Barcelona I am sure he would not have people raving about him and calling for him to be part of the team.

Amazing how that "overrated, lazy show pony" is somehow managing to score in Spain's top division, but still isn't fit to take on the Yeovils & Charltons of this world.

When did you last see him play?

• Backroom

Give it up people, he's gone, you'll never see him in a Rovers shirt again.

Because 1. Bowyer doesn't trust him (and I don't see GB leaving any time soon)

And 2. Despite him saying nice things on twitter etc (and fwiw I think he does come across as a decent guy) he only ever saw us as a stepping stone to better thing IMO and if literally any team in La Liga offers him a contract he will choose that option.

Whether that's a good thing for our club or not you can debate all day, but just seems like a pointless exercise to me.

I would rather focus on the players that hopefully will be playing for us next season. Fingers crossed JR is still one of them, amongst others.

RR is just history to me even if he is still officially still on our books.

I guess the 'overrated, lazy show pony' must have improved somewhat in the last four months then

I've seen him play for Rayo but I assumed that you were asking me when was the last time I saw him play live as you see much more of a players game when watching him live as opposed to TV. He looks decent for Rayo but not as good a people on here make him out to be, also he is much more suited to Spanish football as he gets much more time on the ball and he can try a few more tricks whereas in the Championship it is high intensity from the very start where you don't get a seconds time on the ball and Rochina is far to weak, lazy and greedy for that type of football.

Amazing how that "overrated, lazy show pony" is somehow managing to score in Spain's top division, but still isn't fit to take on the Yeovils & Charltons of this world.

3 goals in half a season doesn't convince me that he should come back into our first team ahead of Rhodes or Gestede. And he isn't willing to be a sub.

When he was in our team, he wasn't very productive and neither was the team with him in it.

Rhodes and Gestede will seemingly be our strike force going into next season, both of whom are very productive with goals and with them both playing, we are scoring with ease. Which one would you drop, baring in mind that we could get a fee for Rochina and he isn't willing to sit on the bench?

He cannot play in a 4 man midfield either, as he isn't responsible defensively, and is certainly neither a central midfielder nor a wide man.

I do agree with TomM that Rochina would be best suited to playing the withdrawn striker role that Dunn now plays. I think that keeping Rochina maybe an option if Rhodes and Dunn are not here next season.

I feel that Rochina maybe better suited to playing off a tall striker than Rhodes as well. He is a far better option than signing Varney on a permanent deal.

3 goals in half a season doesn't convince me that he should come back into our first team ahead of Rhodes or Gestede. And he isn't willing to be a sub.

When he was in our team, he wasn't very productive and neither was the team with him in it.

Rhodes and Gestede will seemingly be our strike force going into next season, both of whom are very productive with goals and with them both playing, we are scoring with ease. Which one would you drop, baring in mind that we could get a fee for Rochina and he isn't willing to sit on the bench?

He cannot play in a 4 man midfield either, as he isn't responsible defensively, and is certainly neither a central midfielder nor a wide man.

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions there. Like Rhodes and Gestede both playing here next season (emphasis on Rhodes), on both of them continuing to flourish up front, for both of them to remain injury-free and on form for a 46 game season, for Bowyer to stick rigidly to a 4-4-2 formation and not adapt accordingly when we need more creativity in the final third. And so on.

Also, the whole thing about Rochina having no end-product is patently untrue. How many more times do I need to post his stats from last season? 5 goals & 3 assists in 11 starts is a poor return? In that case, I'd hate to see what he could produce in a settled side.

You're wrong.

• Backroom

My opinion is that I would absolutely want him here as backup in the Rhodes/Gestede partnership. But if he isn't willing to be on the bench I'd sooner get a fee for him and try Judge again (or even make a signing).

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions there. Like Rhodes and Gestede both playing here next season (emphasis on Rhodes), on both of them continuing to flourish up front, for both of them to remain injury-free and on form for a 46 game season, for Bowyer to stick rigidly to a 4-4-2 formation and not adapt accordingly when we need more creativity in the final third. And so on.

Also, the whole thing about Rochina having no end-product is patently untrue. How many more times do I need to post his stats from last season? 5 goals & 3 assists in 11 starts is a poor return? In that case, I'd hate to see what he could produce in a settled side.

You're wrong.

Shame you have never seen him play live isn't it.

Rochina is clearly not willing to be a sub. He has kicked off twice and pushed for a move when he has been a sub regularly.

If you had seen him, you would know that 1 of them goals was a penalty, and most of the others were off the bench v tired defenders, where he is best. However this is a role that he is unwilling to do.

Assuming Gestede and Rhodes stay, and I think they will, then Rochina is a sub at best, where he is actually at his most dangerous. However he has made it clear that he isn't happy there.

Shame you have never seen him play live isn't it.

Rochina is clearly not willing to be a sub. He has kicked off twice and pushed for a move when he has been a sub regularly.

If you had seen him, you would know that 1 of them goals was a penalty, and most of the others were off the bench v tired defenders, where he is best. However this is a role that he is unwilling to do.

Assuming Gestede and Rhodes stay, and I think they will, then Rochina is a sub at best, where he is actually at his most dangerous. However he has made it clear that he isn't happy there.

Ah, if all else fails, play the old attendance card. Notwithstanding that it would still come down to my subjective opinion, as there are regulars posting on here who rate the guy. What's their excuse?

Unfortunately for you, his stats last season cannot be disputed, neither can the fact he's playing (and scoring) at a higher level than Rovers. I know that's a bitter pill for his critics to swallow.

Amarillo I think that he is nowhere near as effective as Rhodes and Gestede. And he is not willing to be a sub to them, so what do you do; have him as first choice instead of Gestede/Rhodes or sell him?

Gestede has been scoring loads since we started playing more direct so all this hoofball nonsense is just ridicilious abbey

90% of the Rochina hate is by fans who don't like skilful players and only like the hoofball.

Or those who don't attend. By definition 'Crowd pleasers' can't please people who aren't in the crowd can they?

His touch and trickery is sublime but his effect on a match is best described as frustrating.

My opinion is that I would absolutely want him here as backup in the Rhodes/Gestede partnership. But if he isn't willing to be on the bench I'd sooner get a fee for him and try Judge again (or even make a signing).

I dont think he will be here but does anybody know if Dunny will be here next year? That could be the key.

After watching Dunny's effort against Yeovil I think we will need a replacement sooner rather than later.

Rochina could be the link up man in a 5 man midfield.

Correct .... but that would mean dropping one of our biggest goal threats.

Archived