BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ruben Rochina

Tom

Should we have kept him?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, simple answers - should we have kept Ruben?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just feel that when you have a striker like Rhodes who can find spaces in the box you need creative players who can provide him with the ball more often. Dunn and Rochina are reasonably similar, thus making the transition between the two much easier as it is required with Dunn's fitness issues. Gestede provides flick ons not passes, he won't run at the defence and create space for Rhodes. I think it's madness given that imo we've looking our best playing 4231, that we haven't got direct cover for Dunn so when he's out the impact on the whole is less.

Why, do you not attend matches yourself? You are just playing games now and as you say I am not going to change your view. I'm not going to play at point scoring.

Yes thanks Al, I'm there for all home games and getting on for half away and have been for quite a few years. Not playing games, just got the (maybe naive) view that an opinion should be backed up by evidence, especially given you're pretty forthright.

Yes thanks Al, I'm there for all home games and getting on for half away and have been for quite a few years. Not playing games, just got the (maybe naive) view that an opinion should be backed up by evidence, especially given you're pretty forthright.

Why do you need evidence if you've seen so many games?

Can you remember him playing a long ball over the defence into Rhodes path, he didn't need to break his stride before taking a touch and slotting it past the keeper, That was at Ewood.

The lad did many good things and many poor things. Some people remember the good, some people remember the poor.

Personally I prefer to pay to watch players who can do things that I couldn't and there's hardly any in that category in our squad.

Haha. Let's not mince words!!

His final delivery is certainly a problem and one that requires urgent attention.And yes, he is a very frustrating player. Personally,I am not quite ready to give up on him yet, as he does have a trick or two to beat a defender. It's not just pace.

Loved your " ...aimlessly like a headless Venky's chicken"...

Seems you are.fond of Ruben a fancydan with not much end product but you despise Rhodes nothing fancy but lots of goals. Footy fans eh.

Sorry meant to quote gordon not you.

I wasn't sad when we allowed Reuben to leave. I thought the way that Bowyer was lining up he was a luxury player that Rovers couldn't afford. We've now brought Feeney and Varney in my thinking has changed to surly it would have been better if we'd kept Reuben.

Yes he is a show pony but a show pony has to be better than a donkey and a cart horse.

I wasn't sad when we allowed Reuben to leave. I thought the way that Bowyer was lining up he was a luxury player that Rovers couldn't afford. We've now brought Feeney and Varney in my thinking has changed to surly it would have been better if we'd kept Reuben.

Yes he is a show pony but a show pony has to be better than a donkey and a cart horse.

Which is fine provided the way Bowyer sets us up is successful in winning football matches.

I just feel that when you have a striker like Rhodes who can find spaces in the box you need creative players who can provide him with the ball more often. Dunn and Rochina are reasonably similar, thus making the transition between the two much easier as it is required with Dunn's fitness issues. Gestede provides flick ons not passes, he won't run at the defence and create space for Rhodes. I think it's madness given that imo we've looking our best playing 4231, that we haven't got direct cover for Dunn so when he's out the impact on the whole is less.

Quite right. Our versions of 4-5-1 look much better when Dunny is playing but he's been a bit part player for years now. When he inevitably goes off Bowyer has changed not only the player but the tactics and formation as illustrated by the last 20 mins of the Burnley game. Bowyer imo threw that record away completely needlessly. I've defended Bowyer stoutly cos at least the stench has left then corridors of Ewood Park but that single event did show his naivety and limitations. To replace Dunny that day we could have used Rochina, Judge or Taylor. Taylor would have been my choice thatb day cos whilst he isn't suited to the wing in the middle he's usually neat and tidy with lots of energy and a bit of attitude plus he can put a tackle in, however if we had been 1 down then it'd be Rochina every time. Players like him and Dunny can change a game with their invention, a trick, a feint or a flick can create a goal from nothing but the risk is that when such dont come off they can look foolish as is Dunny's timeless bloomer for Brum and similarly Rochina's trick shot which created lots of debate and criticism on here but which if it had come off would have been the BRFC goal that we would all have taken to our graves.

I guess it's a case of 'if you don't buy a ticket you wont win the lottery'. Such players get criticised for their invention whilst the likes of Willamson and Lowe get criticised for their lack of it. There is no pleasing football fans is there?

Can you name that one trick for us please Wilpshire Blue?

Yes of course.

It was a cross between salsa, foxtrot, rumba, charleston and the cha cha.

Lovely to watch but usually ended with him falling over.

I dont dispute that, but truth is that if Dunny was Rochina's age or if Rochina had Dunny's 'brain' neither would be anywhere near Ewood would they? We couldn't even hold on to "Mr Blackburn Rovers" :rolleyes: when we were a solid Premier League team could we?

....just for fun....

How effective he is is the main issue of course but in the Div Rochina is like a Monarch butterfly in the company of moths.

Looking at the footage posted of Rochina by Gordo it was interesting to note the player shaking his head and looking at Rochina wearily, presumable because he had not laid the ball off for his colleague to shoot. Presumably he does this sort of thing all day in training. I wouldn't be surprised if he really gets on the nerves of the other players.

I note Rayo are on Sky tonight. Will Rochina be playing, does any anyone know?

Looking at the footage posted of Rochina by Gordo it was interesting to note the player shaking his head and looking at Rochina wearily, presumable because he had not laid the ball off for his colleague to shoot. Presumably he does this sort of thing all day in training. I wouldn't be surprised if he really gets on the nerves of the other players.

Jason Lowe that. If Rochina had passed to him in that position there would have been howls of outrage on here from the Lowe hating brigade for not taking it on himself. Person in the best position btw was Taylor.

Can you name that one trick for us please Wilpshire Blue?

The one were he earns fortunes watching others?

The show pony, cart horse and donkey comment made me chuckle. More talent in his little finger than for example say Robbie Savage. But who ultimately will get the most out of their playing career?

Amazing power and technique demonstrated in that shot with the wrong foot!

Jason Lowe that. If Rochina had passed to him in that position there would have been howls of outrage on here from the Lowe hating brigade for not taking it on himself. Person in the best position btw was Taylor.

The keeper tipped it over FFS.

Seems to be that there are some Rovers fans who would much rather stay rooted in their seats than have a player get you out of it. Presumably because your blanket and flask would be disturbed.

But how dare Lowe shake his head at that. Had he been given the ball he would have turned and passed it backwards to a colleague, probably our keeper.

But how dare Lowe shake his head at that. Had he been given the ball he would have turned and passed it backwards to a colleague, probably our keeper.

Or rifled it home from the edge of the box (vs. Boro), and almost again (vs. Burnley).

I agree with you, though. It was a rum do to shake his head disapprovingly for what was a sublime piece of skill of Rochina's own making.

• Backroom

It's all about context for me. I remember watching the game and RR's shot.

We had only won 3 of our last 10 league games, we were one nil up against a relegation fodder team in Yeovil, and with 10/15 mins to go I was desperate for a 2nd goal considering how vulnerable we are to late equalisers.

We had a great attacking position and then RR goes and does that after only having been on as a sub for a short period. Total garbage and an insult to the players that had busted their humps for an hour before he arrived IMO. I suggest that is why JL is shaking his head.

If a player can't put the team first, then I don't want them near the team sheet, and perhaps this is what Bowyer decided too.

Crying shame really, as I enjoy watching him play, and agree that he is one of the most skillful players in our squad, but some people are just not willing to learn.

Archived