BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ruben Rochina

Tom

Should we have kept him?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, simple answers - should we have kept Ruben?

• Yes
    • No

Love the logic on here sometimes. Good enough for La Liga.... but unfit for the demands of the Fizzy Pop League?

Rochina is indubitably a maestro with the ball, burdened with a football brain the size of a walnut. Depends what you're looking for in a player. Do you want someone like Rochina whose flawed genius frustrates the crap out of you but has moments of sublime artistry, or a workhorse like Varney who'll work his guts out for the side but has no sense of flair?

No Choice really. Rochina every time. Some ov you lot would say that Neymar was too greedy for Rovers. No Soul. Empty shells.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Talented but for me he's far better when he doesn't play

Recently people were calling for him to start then he did and was atrocious, doing stepovers whilst running the ball out of play and doing nothing productive with it

Naturally skillful but never will reach his potential IMO

Recently people were calling for him to start then he did and was atrocious, doing stepovers whilst running the ball out of play and doing nothing productive with it

When did he start recently? Last time I remember was at the beginning of the season and he was running the game on his own until he was injured. Never got a proper chance since he was fit due to negative tactics. We will never have any flair and therefore success until we start trying to beat teams instead of not losing. Playing for a draw is the best way to lose.

• Backroom

And that was while 3-0 down to Brum, wasn't it?

Forgetting the step-overs and silly flicks, let's get down to brass tax. Before he was shipped off on loan last season he got 5 goals & 3 assists inn 11 starts in a struggling side. Cairney has 3 goals & 6 assists in 29 starts. And yet one of them clearly isn't cut out for this division? :blink:

If the decision was between having Rochina or Varney & Feeney then I'd have kept Rochina.

I know that isn't the way it works but I'd have kept Rochina if possible. I might be wrong but It felt to me as though Rochina didn't get a run of starts after his injury and probably tried too hard to impress in his cameo appearances and when thrown on when we were losing.

I enjoyed his appearances for the team last season and he looked great before being injured v Derby.

I remember Appleton (I think?) complaining on his arrival that the club had too many 'number 10s'. Well now we have no-one (except Dunny who is finished, really) to play that key role. That has led to a 4-4-2 formation utilising numerous, very average, wingers and Bowyer's attempts at fitting Rhodes and Gestede into the same team. It's a mess. Progress. Stability. Nonsense.

........ That has led to a 4-4-2 formation utilising numerous, very average, wingers and Bowyer's attempts at fitting Rhodes and Gestede into the same team. It's a mess. Progress. Stability. Nonsense.

Most ludicrous thing about all this is that in doing so he is playing Gestede in the hole behind Rhodes!!! Talk about arse about face!

Should we have kept Rochina? Yes, he is a player capable of changing a game with a bit of spark.

Does he fit into a Bowyer team? No, just like Rhodes he doesn't fit the 'clean sheet target' mentality/tactics.

Is he an option off the bench? Probably not. He needs game time and a run in the starting line up for a fee matches.

Do I think we will play see him in a Rovers shirt? No, I don't think we can afford him. Or all the supposed issues it seems like another Givet, Salgado, Roberts. We simply cannot afford these players. ££££ that we don't have.

A flawed player is Rochina but the question should be is he more flawed than Varney, Feeney , Conway , Taylor,etc etc ? the answer is NO.

We have top up our large squad with no mark players who couldnt get a game with their parent clubs ..

Think the best thing for Rochina is too sell him been here to long now ! Shame cos he has real talent which only Dunn has in the squad ...

So we can't judge Best then? ;) or indeed anyone we've signed since Allardyce left :P

You can judge who you want whenever you want. It's all about opinions ain't it.

IMO last night we desperately needed someone like Rochina with the ability to create something out of nothing, someone who can unlock the tightest of defences with some good old fashioned dribbling skill.

IMO last night we desperately needed someone like Rochina with the ability to create something out of nothing, someone who can unlock the tightest of defences with some good old fashioned dribbling skill.

We've needed that all season. A club with vision, identity, structure and a gameplan would have harnessed Rochina's undoubted natural talent to fit.

It's come to something when a Dunn 45 minute cameo every 4 or 5 games is the only thing that relieves the tedium.

All them times he did that.

Agree with the above few posters - I name-checked Rochina in my professional assessment of last nights game (Bournemouth). Anybody that had to endure last nights abomination (pretty much mid-table 3rd division reserve standard - minus the passion) would surely see that we at least need one or two players that can actually pass and/or dribble - or even just attempt it. We're not even good at hoof ball any more.

We are certainly missing a player that can do something different at the moment. Don't think rochina is the answer but we do need a player that can do something different, someone who takes players on or play a killer pass. King, Cairney and Dunn are the ones in our current squad that can do that. Two are injured and one is old.

GB is building from the back. It's what all good managers do, you need a solid base to work from. Hughes did the same, he brought in grafters like Savage and then added the creativity with players like Bellamy. Allardyce did the same. He got the defence sorted first.

We are certainly missing a player that can do something different at the moment. Don't think rochina is the answer but we do need a player that can do something different, someone who takes players on or play a killer pass. King, Cairney and Dunn are the ones in our current squad that can do that. Two are injured and one is old.

GB is building from the back. It's what all good managers do, you need a solid base to work from. Hughes did the same, he brought in grafters like Savage and then added the creativity with players like Bellamy. Allardyce did the same. He got the defence sorted first.

Except under Hughes & Allardyce, when we played ugly at least we ground out results.

Under Bowyer we just play ugly. True, Cairney is a loss, but he's bought a plethora of midfielders into the club and let go of players like Rochina & Judge who could've slotted into the no.10 role vacated by Dunn.

• Moderation Lead

Except under Hughes & Allardyce, when we played ugly at least we ground out results.

Under Bowyer we just play ugly. True, Cairney is a loss, but he's bought a plethora of midfielders into the club and let go of players like Rochina & Judge who could've slotted into the no.10 role vacated by Dunn.

Cairney is a loss, especially when he gets played on the right wing!!!!

We've ground out results this season as well to be fair. Think back to Reading only a few weeks ago.

He has brought a lot of midfielder players but we've been shopping in the bargain bin! Chances were that most weren't going to be up to being more than squad players. This is why it's essential we get rid of high earners to free up wages and bring down the debt.

Archived