BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ruben Rochina

Tom

Should we have kept him?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, simple answers - should we have kept Ruben?

• Yes
    • No

Did he get the chance?

What was his longest run of consecutive starts?

Four managers (or was it five?) would have seen him in training every day and come to the conclusion he wasn't worthy of a regular place. Admittedly they were all in the main useless managers but Bowyer has been there throughout and like the rest had his doubts about the player.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only decent replacement for Dunny and let go because the manager isn't good enough to accommodate his skill. My God we could have done with him against the Dingles.

here here Al !!

With us only ever getting 60-70 mins out of Dunny, then Rochina was the only similar alternative to bring on and give teams something a bit different to think about.

Would rather have seen him on when we need a goal than Taylor, Feeney etc

Question though.... if we are supposedly paying a fair amount of the wages of the many players we have out on loan and yet we keep bringing more in then how are we really making any serious inroads into the playing costs??? Could understand it if we were signing top top players to boost our play off hopes and have a last hurrah at trying to get up but signing people who can't get a game at Millwall FFS ????

Then again none of it has made sense since these Loons arrived

Four managers (or was it five?) would have seen him in training every day and come to the conclusion he wasn't worthy of a regular place. Admittedly they were all in the main useless managers but Bowyer has been there throughout and like the rest had his doubts about the player.

Old Chestnut. Didn't hold water then and still does not. None of those managers had an attacking thought in their heads and still don't.

For all his faults, let's face it, Rueben was never going to get a chance to build some consistency. He would never be given a role in the ultra-defensive line ups that Bowyer prefers.

I honestly don't think Bowyer knows how to accommodate a flair player in his team.

For all his faults, let's face it, Rueben was never going to get a chance to build some consistency. He would never be given a role in the ultra-defensive line ups that Bowyer prefers.

I honestly don't think Bowyer knows how to accommodate a flair player in his team.

Correct.

He and Cairney are the most talented players we own. One sent out on loan the other is wrongly having his career and development wasted out wide every week.

Love the logic on here sometimes. Good enough for La Liga.... but unfit for the demands of the Fizzy Pop League?

Rochina is indubitably a maestro with the ball, burdened with a football brain the size of a walnut. Depends what you're looking for in a player. Do you want someone like Rochina whose flawed genius frustrates the crap out of you but has moments of sublime artistry, or a workhorse like Varney who'll work his guts out for the side but has no sense of flair?

Love the logic on here sometimes. Good enough for La Liga.... but unfit for the demands of the Fizzy Pop League?

Rochina is indubitably a maestro with the ball, burdened with a football brain the size of a walnut. Depends what you're looking for in a player. Do you want someone like Rochina whose flawed genius frustrates the crap out of you but has moments of sublime artistry, or a workhorse like Varney who'll work his guts out for the side but has no sense of flair?

Give me Varney every day of the week.

What makes me laugh is peoples attitudes towards those who are of the opinion that he'd be one of our best players given the proper management... Typically English attitude towards someone who has an ounce of creativity. The fact that he started his career here under Kean, following a season under 3 different managers isn't going to help his development. He should be being groomed to replace our ageing Dunny.

YET there are those one here that defend Jason Lowe because he works hard... But can't pass, score or tackle.

Absolutely clueless.

Rochina is the most skilful player at the club, I enjoy watching him play. He is very direct and affective. He can win games on his own. Lets be honest he is the best dribbler in the league.

So why has he been shipped out on loan? He needs more displine he needs to learn when to to take a player on and when to pass. He needs to stop taking players on near our goal. But the main reason I would imagine is one that Bowyer prefers a defensive formation and two since returning from injury he has been on the bench and hardly been used. I would speculate that he is one of the highest earners and probably has high appearance fee, hence why he has been sent out on loan.

Would we be better off with Rochina in our squad probably yes, he would probably win us more points with our goals than goals he would cost us dribbling in the wrong areas.

It is just a shame that he got injured at the start of the season as I think at that point he looked set to be a focus point of the side, when he got injured the only player that can do what Ruben can do to a certain extent is Dunn but we all know he is injury prone so I believe when Ruben got injured, I feel Bowyer was forced to change tactics.

When Ruben returned from injury we were starting to pick up a few results and we were starting to have a bit of consistency does Bowyer risk things and change tactics to accomadate Ruben with half the season gone? You could argue that Bowyer should be more ambitious and attacking but Gary probably made the sensible decision

• Backroom

To be fair: Shevchencko was immense in Italy but dire in the PL.

Rochina undoutedly has more time on the ball in LaLiga than here, BUT that's not to say he couldn't have adapted given a run of games. I'd like to see him given one last chance in Dunn's place.

To be fair: Shevchencko was immense in Italy but dire in the PL.

Rochina undoutedly has more time on the ball in LaLiga than here, BUT that's not to say he couldn't have adapted given a run of games. I'd like to see him given one last chance in Dunn's place.

Shevchenko was the wrong side of 30 and blighted by injury. He never got a proper run at Chelsea and when one looked imminent he broke down again.

Archived