BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ruben Rochina

Tom

Should we have kept him?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, simple answers - should we have kept Ruben?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen enough of Rochina to know he has more individual quality than anyone in our squad.

Its hollow, massively exaggerated statements like these that get on my nerves. Based on what?

First things first, I personally don't think Bowyer is the man to take us forward or get us promoted, so its not a case of me supporting Bowyers decision to not use him. Although Rochina again wanted out for not being a regular, despite having just come back from injury and never having shown consistent form.

Dunn is miles better, he plays in the same position but is much less frustrating, much more of a team player, much more productive and much more entertaining.

Rhodes has more quality, he gets 30 goals a season.

Robinson has more quality, he often keeps us in games with his saves.

Hanley has more quality, he is an excellent defender.

Conway has more quality, he regularly puts crosses into dangerous areas and always looks a threat.

Cairney has more quality, he uses his natural ability to dictate the tempo of a game rather than dribbling into traffic and losing it.

I would like to know what you have seen to back up this statement, which is laced with hyperbole IMO. Don't give me nonsense about never having a run or whatever, I want to know what you have seen.

Also you said "It's that the team's getting worse." When was Rochina in the team and the team was better as a result?

Guest Norbert

He is just one of those annoying players who cannot unlock his talent, and flatters to deceive. He could be brilliant for us, but there is just some sort of mental block that stops it. He hogs the ball when he could have passed to someone, he tries a difficult move when he should have made a simple pass or have a shot. That sort of thing.

There is potential, but how long do we wait? Until he's 32?

Ruben scores the winner for Rayo Vallecano, who are now out of the relegation zone after being bottom before he arrived. Playing regularly in the best league in Europe but not good enough for us.

http://www.rayovallecano.es/en_GB/-/real-sociedad-2-rayo-vallecano-3

A great diagonal shot! Hmmmmmmm!

How on Earth can you say that King can play the killer pass better than Rochina?

Oh God, King's been absolute toilet when I've seen him, no guile - running aimlessly like a headless Venky's chicken. I hope he's not on decent wages.

Also interesting that Ruben has been gone since January and we just now hear about him making a ripple.

Must admit I thought he looked good in the Derby game and they came more into ut after he went off.

Oh God, King's been absolute toilet when I've seen him, no guile - running aimlessly like a headless Venky's chicken. I hope he's not on decent wages.

He had some very good games for us until he got injured the first time. Seems to have lost a bit of pace, which he relies on. Hopefully he was still carrying a bit of an injury when he return and he can get back to full fitness. Pace is a difficult thing to recapture though.

Let's not write him off just yet. He was one of the few players to get you out of your seat.

Its hollow, massively exaggerated statements like these that get on my nerves. Based on what?

First things first, I personally don't think Bowyer is the man to take us forward or get us promoted, so its not a case of me supporting Bowyers decision to not use him. Although Rochina again wanted out for not being a regular, despite having just come back from injury and never having shown consistent form.

Dunn is miles better, he plays in the same position but is much less frustrating, much more of a team player, much more productive and much more entertaining.

Conway has more quality, he regularly puts crosses into dangerous areas and always looks a threat.

Cairney has more quality, he uses his natural ability to dictate the tempo of a game rather than dribbling into traffic and losing it.

I would like to know what you have seen to back up this statement, which is laced with hyperbole IMO. Don't give me nonsense about never having a run or whatever, I want to know what you have seen.

Also you said "It's that the team's getting worse." When was Rochina in the team and the team was better as a result?

All I remember of Rochina is his side part parting. One trick pony.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's good - just that the rest can't score

Can we assume that you are including Jordan Rhodes in that assessment gumboots?

It's phrases such as he is our best player, he would rip up the league, he is the most talented player in the league etc that annoy me.

Rochina IS the most naturally gifted. Stands out a mile even if he doesn't apply himself to make the best use of that talent.

King!! The best thing that I can say about King is that his pace and ability frightens defenders to death. As with Rochina the end product doesn't match his talents.

Do you never wonder why these guys are playing for us? :rover:

Also interesting that Ruben has been gone since January and we just now hear about him making a ripple.

Must admit I thought he looked good in the Derby game and they came more into ut after he went off.

How many ripples have reached your side of the pond about Dabo and Varney?

All I remember of Rochina is his side part parting. One trick pony.

I'm not sure that is the best analogy cos personally I've never seen a one tricked pony perform so many tricks!

Say what you want about Rochina but I did enjoy watching him play the game.

They don't necessarily have more quality just because you state it as a fact. My opinion is just as valid as yours and it is that with a proper coach Rochina would be the best player in this league.

You can have all the best coaches in the world if the player has nothing between his ears and is not willing to learn. Rochina was no better player when he left than when he arrived and had not improved one iota. He also probably never got a proper run in the side because his form in training never merited it. Rochina was a showpony whose one trick occasionally came off but always flattered to deceive and whose contribution was often detrimental to the team.

A great diagonal shot! Hmmmmmmm!

Haha. Let's not mince words!!

His final delivery is certainly a problem and one that requires urgent attention.And yes, he is a very frustrating player. Personally,I am not quite ready to give up on him yet, as he does have a trick or two to beat a defender. It's not just pace.

Loved your " ...aimlessly like a headless Venky's chicken"...

They don't necessarily have more quality just because you state it as a fact. My opinion is just as valid as yours and it is that with a proper coach Rochina would be the best player in this league.

Seeing as you insist on repeating this, it's probably worth letting you know that the very best players carry a mental picture of the game and players field positions at all times. They have the ability to correctly assess more often than not whether to pass, dribble or shoot after evaluating the opportunities available. They contribute in most matches they play either directly or indirectly and are highly valued by management due to the consistent level of performance they bring to the team.

Rochina has failed to impress a succession of managers at the club. He contributed very little when we were relegated, did little to help the following season and once he returned from injury it was clear Bowyer did not fancy him to help either. Whether you ultimately rate the likes if Berg, Appleton and Bowyer as managers it's reasonable to assume they learnt something playing or coaching for many, many, years.

I would suggest they learnt that a team is far more successful with teamwork. Brain dead footballers like Rochina annoy as they have some potential but woven wool between the ears. Seemed like a nice kid. Nice but dim.

Theno...maybe one trick pony was incorrect. All the gear no idea?

• Backroom

He's the kind of player that would lift the crowd with his impending arrival on the pitch, then usually frustrate the crowd with what he did when he got on.

When he gets it right it's spectacular but it's the frequency he produces that's in question

Seeing as you insist on repeating this, it's probably worth letting you know that the very best players carry a mental picture of the game and players field positions at all times. They have the ability to correctly assess more often than not whether to pass, dribble or shoot after evaluating the opportunities available. They contribute in most matches they play either directly or indirectly and are highly valued by management due to the consistent level of performance they bring to the team.

Rochina has failed to impress a succession of managers at the club. He contributed very little when we were relegated, did little to help the following season and once he returned from injury it was clear Bowyer did not fancy him to help either. Whether you ultimately rate the likes if Berg, Appleton and Bowyer as managers it's reasonable to assume they learnt something playing or coaching for many, many, years.

I would suggest they learnt that a team is far more successful with teamwork. Brain dead footballers like Rochina annoy as they have some potential but woven wool between the ears. Seemed like a nice kid. Nice but dim.

I know it's all about opinions, but, in mine, the only use for Rochina is to bring him on to do ball tricks at half time.

Dunn is our most technically gifted player, he should play as often as possible. because of this we need support for that role as Dunn will not play every game. I would have kept RR for this role, Dunn's understudy. Gestede plays this role now and it's like putting a square peg in a round hole. and is not the cup of tea for me.

I think others are right to point out that during the vast majority of his time here, he's been poorly managed/trained. A number of players performances declined during this time as well so it was always going to be difficult for him to develop.

You can have all the best coaches in the world if the player has nothing between his ears and is not willing to learn. Rochina was no better player when he left than when he arrived and had not improved one iota. He also probably never got a proper run in the side because his form in training never merited it. Rochina was a showpony whose one trick occasionally came off but always flattered to deceive and whose contribution was often detrimental to the team.

No points for training. Did well when given a chance in the team in his own position (No.10).

There you go again. Presenting your own opinion as fact. It's just an opinion and in my opinion a wrong one.

Did well when given a chance in the team in his own position (No.10).

I'm not going to change your view, you're not going to change mine with statements like that. Perhaps you'd be good enough to remind me of those occasions though? You've a few years to choose from......

Why, do you not attend matches yourself? You are just playing games now and as you say I am not going to change your view. I'm not going to play at point scoring.

Archived