BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ruben Rochina

Tom

Should we have kept him?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, simple answers - should we have kept Ruben?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could describe him as a luxury player, you can get away with one in a team that is playing well, sometimes!

If we start with a positive attitude and take the game to the opposition next season he could fit in.

Don't know why you are bothering, Al.

The people you are up against think Lowe is a footballer.

Snipe snipe snipe. Give it a break ffs! You must be well pissedoff that Lowe got good reviews on sat and set up the third goal.

I dare say by the same token that some people think you know what you are talking about Stuart. Needless to say I'm not one of them.

Thing is this was taken from 20 minutes of one game, not a very representative sample.

Reports have been fairly positive from LA LIGA. There were some reports that other LA LIGA teams, Real Sociedad were after him.

His unbiased RV manager who has seen him play every minute there and in training thinks enough of him to play him.

We all know RR's problems, even his biggest supporters, we disagree on what he does well.

I'd like him back as I think we have always had mercurial players like Sellars, McKenzie etc and RR fits into that bracket for me.

For those predicting his career will go nowhere it seems like the several managers in one of the top two leagues in the world disagree, whilst they think he isn't good enough for the Championship...

Snipe snipe snipe. Give it a break ffs! You must be well pissedoff that Lowe got good reviews on sat and set up the third goal.

I dare say by the same token that some people think you know what you are talking about Stuart. Needless to say I'm not one of them.

Wow, that glass house must be made of hardened acrylic. You're the biggest kettle on here.

I think Rhodes could do much better and I've said so many a time. I also say when he's played well. I've had issues and found fault with the likes of Handley, Dunny, Henley, Williamson (every keeper) etc too as I have with the manager but I like to think I've praised them too when they have performed well. I certainly haven't turned that into the silly targetted vendetta that you have against Lowe. You just can't allow yourself to offer Lowe any praise whatever he does.

If you want your opinions to be taken with more than just a pinch of salt think on. Your daft agenda is spoiling your credibility.

Crikey! Have you played in both the Spanish and English Premier leagues and been on Barcelona's payroll too Al? Wow.... why have you never said so?

There it is though, he has been good enough to even get to that level. The way he's talked about it's like he's a pub player.

I think some people have a problem with Rochina because he has the talent - but very rarely channels it in a productive way. It is so frustrating to see him make the same mistakes - when he has the talent to do so much better.

At the start of the season I had hoped that he would develop into a pivotal player that would shoot us to promotion - and then continue to progress in the Premier League.

Partly because of his early injury it just didn't happen for him. Though I do wonder what is going on behind the scenes - and possibly Rochina's longer term absence made him home sick. It was interesting that when he came back from injury - he wasn't really given an extended run - possibly he was already angling for a move and GB decided to look elsewhere ?

Irrespective of the reasons - he wouldn't be in my current first eleven when everyone is fit - and with the financial winds growing ever colder can we afford him on the bench (especially if we can sell him for a fee).

Robinson

New RB - Hanley - Kilgallon - Spurr

Evans - Cairney

Marshall - Rochina - Conway

Rhodes/Gestede
VIVA LA PROMOTION.
That kind of approach would require a new manager, with an attacking outlook.

You're almost there. Just put in a new goalie, two new CBs where one is captain material, drop Rochina for Gestede or put Dunn in a timemachine :P Isn't the Doctor a Rovers fan?

If Rochina comes back we really need a more reliable backline and a captain that can grab him by the neck when needed. He will excite the fans, but like most players of his ilk will make errors and then you need a good defense to make sure it doesn't put us under pressure.

Archived