BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ruben Rochina

Tom

Should we have kept him?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, simple answers - should we have kept Ruben?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt he get injured in the 1st game of the season against Derby.

Injured for months wasnt he?

According to the manager who hates flair. So was David Dunn according to the manager not to mention the best goalkeeper on the books.

We still haven't got a better midfielder even though he preferred to play behind the striker

Definitely.

Good job Tugay wasn't at the Club when GB was manager. He wouldn't have got a look in with such a wealth of midfield talent as Marrow, Lowey, Willo, Corey and Spearo.

Not that Rochina is as good as Tugay, hardly anyone is, but Rochina really ought to be playing for a top 5 or 6 Premiership side with his ability. Hasn't made the most of his career to date for whatever reason.

Definitely.

Good job Tugay wasn't at the Club when GB was manager. He wouldn't have got a look in with such a wealth of midfield talent as Marrow, Lowey, Willo, Corey and Spearo.

Not that Rochina is as good as Tugay, hardly anyone is, but Rochina really ought to be playing for a top 5 or 6 Premiership side with his ability. Hasn't made the most of his career to date for whatever reason.

That's because he has no idea how the game should be played Rev.

That's because he has no idea how the game should be played Rev.

Exactly. Total show-pony! More hair gel than minutes played. Barcelona practice two touch I am led to believe. Where did Rochina learn the other 18 touches?

Top 5 or 6 remier League? :) Mmmm not sure about that, you need at least a basic understanding of football to interest those teams.

According to the manager who hates flair. So was David Dunn according to the manager not to mention the best goalkeeper on the books.

are you saying that Bowyer wouldn't play Dunn this season?

Robinson best keeper at the club? not in my opinion. been my opinion for ages now. so I wont go OTT on that.

Robinson best keeper at the club? not in my opinion. been my opinion for ages now. so I wont go OTT on that.

It was someone above GB who stopped him playing, despite being fit for most of the season

well it sure wasnt Jose who wouldnt play him.

• Backroom

It was someone above GB who stopped him playing, despite being fit for most of the season

From the horses mouth a few days ago it wasn't someone above GB but the man himself.

I suspect the reason was the same though (easier to get off the wage bill).

A mercurial talent like Rochina is always going to divide opinion. Myself, I think he was underused by Bowyer and his predecessors who were too afraid to give him a proper run in the side. Frustrating as hell but also one of the few players capable of unlocking defences with a moment of magic.

Yep. Who else would have thought to back heel that equaliser at Leeds?

But I agree he was greedy and not a team player. That's why he's not been chosen by a Prem side.

From the horses mouth a few days ago it wasn't someone above GB but the man himself.

I suspect the reason was the same though (easier to get off the wage bill).

PM'd you

Heard from my cousin who is pally with Dunny that GB and dunny don't get on.

Dunn told my cousin that he was approached by GB a few weeks back and informed him that there was going to be no contract renewal, to which Dunny replied 'no @#/?! You haven't played me all season!'

Even though he has been fit!

Dunn also said that players do not respect GB and he has lost the dressing room!

Heard from my cousin who is pally with Dunny that GB and dunny don't get on.

Dunn told my cousin that he was approached by GB a few weeks back and informed him that there was going to be no contract renewal, to which Dunny replied 'no @#/?! You haven't played me all season!'

Even though he has been fit!

Dunn also said that players do not respect GB and he has lost the dressing room!

No ringing endorsments from Dunny towards GB in his numerous interviews which goes against the Ewood PR machine these days. Also in his last interview he basically spoke like a fan about this season and his comments were almost the same as on here regarding the team and players. "I believe that with the right guidance" was one line about the young players which was quite telling.

he lost the dressing room? players don't respect Bowyer?

Hard to know what to believe, eh?

No ringing endorsments from Dunny towards GB in his numerous interviews which goes against the Ewood PR machine these days. Also in his last interview he basically spoke like a fan about this season and his comments were almost the same as on here regarding the team and players. "I believe that with the right guidance" was one line about the young players which was quite telling.

David Dunn "ended his association with the club" spoke volumes.

Archived