BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really bad business from Rovers i think, if we had someone coming in a week ago that we wanted then ok but last day. I dont care about rumours of McCarthy, as we stand now we have two centre backs for tomorrow. Money talks but i cant believe that we let the team captain leave so late in the window, unless GB announces a 25-year old Ryan Nelsen in the next hours we are worse of then before.

i have not heard that from anyone but when i saw he had gone back to Utd and knowing the "special relationship" Shaw has with Moyes i did wonder if that could happen should Dann leave

Trouble is with those kind of deals he may come with a clause meaning he has to start or appear in so many games whether he's any good or not. With nice sweetners for all :)

This is really bad business from Rovers i think, if we had someone coming in a week ago that we wanted then ok but last day. I dont care about rumours of McCarthy, as we stand now we have two centre backs for tomorrow. Money talks but i cant believe that we let the team captain leave so late in the window, unless GB announces a 25-year old Ryan Nelsen in the next hours we are worse of then before.

He may announce a 35 yr old ex Aussie international !

Rovers have known all month that Dann wanted to leave and that Palace were serious about signing him. I am sure that Bowyer has plans in place for this happening. If we are getting a loanee in to replace Dann then no panic if it doesn't happen today as the loan window reopens next week.

The signings of Gestede and Cairney have been positive additions for the club but with there still being a further sixteen thousand empty seats at ewood Park to be filled and the first team still incomplete would have thought that these next few signings are more than critical to the immediate future of the team.

Just hope they are of the quality required that can take the club forward from this point on otherwise what was the point if they decrease the attendances even further.

Trouble is with those kind of deals he may come with a clause meaning he has to start or appear in so many games whether he's any good or not. With nice sweetners for all :)

He may announce a 35 yr old ex Aussie international !

Is he still training with us?

Very happy with the Conway signing especially as it's permanent. Brighton fans are annoyed that we've signed him and some Cardiff fans are annoyed that he's been let go. Hopefully another gem that Bowyer has signed.

Happy with the Conway signing. Hopefully when Marshall is back, he can play RW with Cairney in the middle alongside Evans.

You've got to wonder about Josh King though. He was probably the 2nd name on the team sheet at the start of the season after Rhodes, but he's barely been fit, and when he has been fit, he's been terrible (of late). He probably thought he was a shoe in after Marshall's injury.

Happy with the Conway signing. Hopefully when Marshall is back, he can play RW with Cairney in the middle alongside Evans.

You've got to wonder about Josh King though. He was probably the 2nd name on the team sheet at the start of the season after Rhodes, but he's barely been fit, and when he has been fit, he's been terrible (of late). He probably thought he was a shoe in after Marshall's injury.

Agreed. Especially as he was dynamite early on and his pace will bother teams.

Wonder if rather than going for another striker, we see King as cover up top for Ruddy and Rhodes? Bowyer has mentioned before several times about King being able to play there, and we're definitely short up front.

Be very surprised to see Ings go anywhere this window, not even been a bid so far (allegedly at least)

Only seen the paper stories about Fryatt, certainly wouldn't be upset by his arrival but I think it is in the centre of midfield we really need an option - plus we are already talking about 'loan window opens next week' so not expecting anything to happen soon for us, looks like we are settling for a shot at the play offs to me.

Yeah I did miss a '?' after 'Ings' replacement.

Last day of transfer window is fickle though, I bet at least a cheeky bid is made from somewhere.

Agreed. Especially as he was dynamite early on and his pace will bother teams.

Wonder if rather than going for another striker, we see King as cover up top for Ruddy and Rhodes? Bowyer has mentioned before several times about King being able to play there, and we're definitely short up front.

Only fly in the ointment there being king's awful shooting!

If he was fit enough I don't think that would be too bad (....tin hat on)

If he played for free i might give him a 0.01% chance but i doubt Lucash will pull on the boots for less than £70k per week :) so i ain't worrying........yet !

Guest Norbert

Lucash was reckless in the tackle when he was young, so now he's old and slow he'll be even worse. He'll want wages that do not reflect his current ability and is a A and J League reject.

And that isn't mentioning the manner he left the club. I'd prefer sign George Lucas before him, and I didn't like those newer Star Wars films.

Lucash was reckless in the tackle when he was young, so now he's old and slow he'll be even worse. He'll want wages that do not reflect his current ability and is a A and J League reject.

And that isn't mentioning the manner he left the club. I'd prefer sign George Lucas before him, and I didn't like those newer Star Wars films.

or Matt Lucas, at least it will be a laugh

DANN: really a shame to see him go. Despite all his criticism he's played fairly consistently to a decent standard. In today's market his value should be at least £3 million and anything less in an injustice. He's been an honest player giving his all, scoring vital goals, a total of 7 goals. Some of our strikers never even managed that total.

Secondly we don't have anyone to really replace him with. Caught napping by QPR who snapped up Aaron Hughes today. Of we had signed him it would have given us enough time to adjust to the loss off Dann.

With cairney, gestede and Conway coming in and a lot of fringe players moved it looks like a good window, think we will add either Waghorn or Varney. But we need to sign an experienced replacement for Dann!

Also Raheem Hanley looks to have signed for Swansea and it looks like Best has changed his tune and wants to play for rovers again.

• Backroom

Genuinely excited about Conway. Experienced. Been promoted (with Gestede) and is International teammates with Rhodes and Hanley.

Brilliant signing imo. Just we can pull something good off if Dann goes.

Archived