BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with Dann is it depends on who we get to replace him. Keane or Dawson would be a step up from Dann.

Mcarthy or Lucas Neill would be a step down. I reserve judgement on the dann transfer until I see his replacement.

I think we've already got Dann's replacement in Killa. We need cover though which is why i presume Songo'o was signed. Obviously with him at Ross C we're going to need someone else. A loan deal would seem favourite when the window re-opens (next week?).

Not sure if posted before but we can hope.

Palace also looking to boost forward line with Best

Sami Mokbel: Crystal Palace are trying to sign Blackburn striker Leon Best tonight.

If they can, Palace want to do a joint deal which will include Scott Dann also signing for the club.

So if Dann goes, we have 2 experienced centre halves.

Do we have a loan move lined up as cover?

Personally Neill would be a decent move for me, he wants to play so he's fit for the world cup, he's experienced, I know he past it, but Richard Dunne is doing ok at QPR at a similar age and similar pace.

Bit of good news if true.

I disagree. As a footballer he should be wanting to paly at the highest level if je stays its clearly just about the paycheck.

Sami Mokbel: Crystal Palace are trying to sign Blackburn striker Leon Best tonight.

If they can, Palace want to do a joint deal which will include Scott Dann also signing for the club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2548397/Transfer-deadline-day-January-2014.html#ixzz2s0HlsvpC

Tony Pulis could become my favourite manager

I dont mind dann going, but I think it needs to be in the summer on our terms when we have time to find suitable replacements. If he stays for whatever reason and we can somehow be rid of best then on top of everythng else this window has been pretty damm productive

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2548397/Transfer-deadline-day-January-2014.html#ixzz2s0HlsvpC

Would love that. The classic bait and switch.

Danngle the carrot then at the eleonventh hour they get second Best, and Rovers escape Scott free!

:rover:

Darcy Blake has left Crystal Palace on a free today, worth having a look at, remember him being a main stay in the Wales team when Speed had us playing well.

just been told two flash cars have turned up at blackburns training ground could one be luke varney or a centre half who knows time will tell

Since when did Scott Dann become the bloody messiah? Kilgallon has a better pedigree than Dann and should be allowed to establish himself. Plus, it is saving the club roughly £20k a week so is a no brainer...

AND Kilgallon was brought in as Dann's replacement in the summer so we won't be moving for Hobbs, Dawson or Keane! They will command a fee, high wages and a demand for first team action which we cannot offer.

An experienced, cheap option will be sought. My guess is a loan or a free agent which can be done next week if necessary....

Cough cough...Lucas Neill (This bit is my opinion but it makes perfect sense based on what they're looking for) We'll see!!!

Since when did Scott Dann become the bloody messiah? Kilgallon has a better pedigree than Dann and should be allowed to establish himself. Plus, it is saving the club roughly £20k a week so is a no brainer...

AND Kilgallon was brought in as Dann's replacement in the summer so we won't be moving for Hobbs, Dawson or Keane! They will command a fee, high wages and a demand for first team action which we cannot offer.

An experienced, cheap option will be sought. My guess is a loan or a free agent which can be done next week if necessary....

Cough cough...Lucas Neill (This bit is my opinion but it makes perfect sense based on what they're looking for) We'll see!!!

wats the latest on the striker front???

i would look for a loan centre back to come in but needs to be tonight hopefully.

Better pedigree? He's been on the bench at every club he's been at.

Archived