Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Wigan according to the BBC.

So far it has been pretty good this window. There are always players you think 'we should have tried for him.' A striker and a Dann replacement are both needed though.

BBC reporting that Palace are also interested in Best. But the same piece mentions that both players would have to take paycuts to complete moves.

It really is a good indicator of how much of a financial mire we are in that we are paying higher wages as a midtable championship team than a Premiership team that just got a massive promotion cheque.

Rovers have known all month that Dann wanted to leave and that Palace were serious about signing him. I am sure that Bowyer has plans in place for this happening. If we are getting a loanee in to replace Dann then no panic if it doesn't happen today as the loan window reopens next week.

We've always got Colin Hendry and Craig Short on the books and they were bloody brilliant last time I saw them play!

The signings of Gestede and Cairney have been positive additions for the club but with there still being a further sixteen thousand empty seats at ewood Park to be filled and the first team still incomplete would have thought that these next few signings are more than critical to the immediate future of the team.

We wouldn't fill them if we signed Lionel Messi! We couldn't even fill them when we were Champions with the class of 95 and Big Al leading the line.

Best ever we could do is get to 20k and so another 6000 or so buying ST's for a full season would still only bring in about half of Jordan Rhodes's pay packet. OR if you want to look at it from another angle.... about the same that Leon Best earns! :angry2:

Agreed. Especially as he was dynamite early on and his pace will bother teams.

Wonder if rather than going for another striker, we see King as cover up top for Ruddy and Rhodes? Bowyer has mentioned before several times about King being able to play there, and we're definitely short up front.

I had assumed that would be the case when we let DJ go and are desperately trying to get rid of that podgy bad apple.

Lucash was reckless in the tackle when he was young, so now he's old and slow he'll be even worse. He'll want wages that do not reflect his current ability and is a A and J League reject.

And that isn't mentioning the manner he left the club. I'd prefer sign George Lucas before him, and I didn't like those newer Star Wars films.

Nothing lost in offering him the going rate for a 35 year old Championship defender. Take it or leave it.

He'd have to be at CH though cos I imagine his pace will have gone by now. He could be good for this Div cos he wouldn't get shoved around and intimidated would he?

Dann going at this stage would be a disaster imo and would put the tin hat on a very poor window.

We shouldn't even be contemplating letting him leave at this stage.

Nobody is indispensible and anyway I doubt we could keep him if we wanted. Sorry Simon but if a Prem club want to sign a Championship player, any player any club then he is gone. End of story.

Only prob with Dann was his aimless and regular 50 yard hoofs (before Gestede trapped up) to the opposing centre half... and his wages.

Nobody is indispensible and anyway I doubt we could keep him if we wanted. Sorry Simon but if a Prem club want to sign a Championship player, any player any club then he is gone. End of story.

Only prob with Dann was his aimless and regular 50 yard hoofs (before Gestede trapped up) to the opposing centre half... and his wages.

You surely mean ONE of his problems rather than only.

Bit of good news if true.

Is it hell Simon. Read between the lines. It simply means we are currently paying him far more than his worth! No doubt it's the usual tactic by his agent and Palace to get us to drop the asking price, if we do that they'll pay him what he wants.

Dann ceased to exist as far as we are concerned when he refused to play the last two matches.

Archived