BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Jack Vale must be knocking on the door with his good showings for the U23s and lack of strikers and goals in our first team. I think it'd be sensible to have him on the bench, if Brereton Diaz is injured. 

He could easily be vilified if he struggles in a disjointed team but we don't have many options. Alternately, a good showing and he'll give everyone a lift.

Edited by riverholmes

On 15/02/2022 at 19:59, riverholmes said:

Jack Vale must be knocking on the door with his good showings for the U23s and lack of strikers and goals in our first team. I think it'd be sensible to have him on the bench, if Brereton Diaz is injured. 

He could easily be vilified if he struggles in a disjointed team but we don't have many options. 

Straight into a promotion race? I'm not sure mate.  

We should have invested in a striker in January.  To many on here it was obvious. It will be our undoing in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr bishi said:

Absolute bollocks but the express is saying that we turned down 5 mill for Phillips in January. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1567040/Tottenham-plan-to-sign-Blackburn-Rovers-talent-Ashley-Phillips-transfer

It says with add ons which would potentially bring the deal up to £5million. Which is a ridiculous offer by spurs as it is lose, lose for us. We'd get little money up front now to invest in our current team and if he met some of the triggers in the deal he'd be worth significantly more than £5m. 

On a side note, the way Phillips is being talked about I'd be disappointed if we accepted £5m up front cash.

On 11/03/2015 at 11:19, Andyblue2 said:

the under 21's cup is nothing of the prestige you might think it is. there were very notable absences from the competition from the start including Man U, Chelsea and Arse.....we were lucky enough to get a bye into the last 16 and have played 3 games to get to the final....@#/? cup not worth winning.

Tell that to the other teams bullshit.

51 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

It says with add ons which would potentially bring the deal up to £5million. Which is a ridiculous offer by spurs as it is lose, lose for us. We'd get little money up front now to invest in our current team and if he met some of the triggers in the deal he'd be worth significantly more than £5m. 

On a side note, the way Phillips is being talked about I'd be disappointed if we accepted £5m up front cash.

I wonder if he'll get a 1st team run-out, maybe as a sub before season ends? The scouts could add to the attendance figure!

On 15/02/2022 at 19:59, riverholmes said:

He could easily be vilified if he struggles in a disjointed team but we don't have many options. Alternately, a good showing and he'll give everyone a lift.

The thing is, young lads need bringing on because they are good enough, not because we have no one else. 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 12:52, bluebruce said:

Christ, that was a 7 year old post you were replying to!

So easy to do. I get carried away when reading stuff on here and am tempted to reply (or maybe I have replied) to stuff posted years ago.

• Like 1