BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

After the shit show that we are experiencing with our seniors it was really enjoyable to see a committed and aggressive performance from our under 21's. Igor Tyjon will get the plaudits for his two goals, the second which was terrific but for me Isaac Whitehall was the stand out player. Playing in the middle of a three he won everything in the air, tackled like his life depended on it and played when the opportunity arose. I also thought Adam Caddick looked promising. Interestingly Batty was taken off and stormed down the tunnel. Perhaps that's an example of why he can't get close to the first team.

For lots of young Rovers players it's coming up to decision time and I expect quite a few to be released. Hopefully they get fixed up and go on to have successful careers.

I didn't see then game live but seen Tyjon's second goal and it was great strike. 

Not good that of Batty and I get the feeling his time might well be done here and he will move on the summer 

With Batty, it is another example of how we run the club under these owners, with their constant cut backs.

We didnt sign a left back because we apparently "didnt want to block Batty's pathway." We then had to react because it was assumed that a kid with no first team experience would seemlessly step up and compete at Championship level and he didn't. You can only consider graduates to be first team worthy once they have at least shown signs of it.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

With Batty, it is another example of how we run the club under these owners, with their constant cut backs.

We didnt sign a left back because we apparently "didnt want to block Batty's pathway." We then had to react because it was assumed that a kid with no first team experience would seemlessly step up and compete at Championship level and he didn't. You can only consider graduates to be first team worthy once they have at least shown signs of it.

Are trying to say Batty has never shown the potential to play at championship level. Strange how he was regularly picked at his age group for England. Something has happened with Batty, as he now seems not interested, whereas he used to be the out-ball for everyone.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

Are trying to say Batty has never shown the potential to play at championship level. Strange how he was regularly picked at his age group for England. Something has happened with Batty, as he now seems not interested, whereas he used to be the out-ball for everyone.  

Im trying to say that the gap between academy football and Championship football is so vast that we cant afford to just assume that someone will break through and cope competently without recruiting in that position. As a result when he didnt break through, we had one senior left back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im trying to say that the gap between academy football and Championship football is so vast that we cant afford to just assume that someone will break through and cope competently without recruiting in that position. As a result when he didnt break through, we had one senior left back.

Well I think you are wrong, but you are entitled to your wrong opinion.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Well I think you are wrong, but you are entitled to your wrong opinion.

I spoke to someone who worked with batty at the academy and he was saying he was the stand out player in the whole group and fully expected him to break into the first team. I haven’t seen enough of him to pass comment but how is rovers fan 99 wrong when he hasn’t been anywhere near the team, is getting subbed and storming off in the u23s and the one game he did play in the cup was so far off the pace and clearly the weak link in the team against league 2 opposition. That game alone showed he is nowhere near being even a sub

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I spoke to someone who worked with batty at the academy and he was saying he was the stand out player in the whole group and fully expected him to break into the first team. I haven’t seen enough of him to pass comment but how is rovers fan 99 wrong when he hasn’t been anywhere near the team, is getting subbed and storming off in the u23s and the one game he did play in the cup was so far off the pace and clearly the weak link in the team against league 2 opposition. That game alone showed he is nowhere near being even a sub

Because Roversfan99 said that Batty has never shown that he could play for the first team, so we should have signed another left sided defender. Your first statement puts doubt on that.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Because Roversfan99 said that Batty has never shown that he could play for the first team, so we should have signed another left sided defender. Your first statement puts doubt on that.

Well going off the guy in the academy I fully believed he would be back up to Pickering this season. The fact he can’t get on the bench in a side as weak as this and ended up signing Chrisene says to me he’s right 🤷‍♂️

47 minutes ago, rigger said:

He hadnt shown that he could play for the first team because he had never played any first football before. Point being, it is impossible to be confident enough that a player from the academy teams is suitable to the point of not signing adequate senior cover until he has played game time at senior level, even if at least its in League 1 or 2 out on loan.

Totally untested academy graduates shouldn't be assumed to be ready to be second choice in a position having never played senior football, as we have seen there is a chance that they aren't ready, whether now or ever. In this case, we only then had Pickering, had to play a right back at left back when he was unavailable and then sign someone at the next available opportunity in January to cover. The reason it happens is here is because of budget cuts but it leaves us inadequately stocked to cope with a Championship season.

The u-21s are on a storming run- up to 12th with three winnable looking fixtures to come meaning play-offs and European football beckon.

Injuries clearing up throughout the squad are obviously helping.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He hadnt shown that he could play for the first team because he had never played any first football before. Point being, it is impossible to be confident enough that a player from the academy teams is suitable to the point of not signing adequate senior cover until he has played game time at senior level, even if at least its in League 1 or 2 out on loan.

Totally untested academy graduates shouldn't be assumed to be ready to be second choice in a position having never played senior football, as we have seen there is a chance that they aren't ready, whether now or ever. In this case, we only then had Pickering, had to play a right back at left back when he was unavailable and then sign someone at the next available opportunity in January to cover. The reason it happens is here is because of budget cuts but it leaves us inadequately stocked to cope with a Championship season.

Your last statement answers your own question, of why cover was not originally brought in. Probably it was the same with Adam Wharton, except that one worked out.

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well going off the guy in the academy I fully believed he would be back up to Pickering this season. The fact he can’t get on the bench in a side as weak as this and ended up signing Chrisene says to me he’s right 🤷‍♂️

Maybe Batty hasn't got a chance cos he got too big for his boots and got an attitude problem which has stopped his development. 

Him storming off the pitch when subbed in the last under 21's game will do nothing for him

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Your last statement answers your own question, of why cover was not originally brought in. Probably it was the same with Adam Wharton, except that one worked out.

I saw him in that friendly at Accy pre-season and from what I’d heard about him I was expecting to see a younger version of Graham LeSaux. I know it was only a friendly but I thought he looked pretty ordinary. Mind you, I thought Tronstad looked ordinary as well and I was wrong about that.

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw him in that friendly at Accy pre-season and from what I’d heard about him I was expecting to see a younger version of Graham LeSaux. I know it was only a friendly but I thought he looked pretty ordinary. Mind you, I thought Tronstad looked ordinary as well and I was wrong about that.

The main thing that Batty has/had is natural pace. That was/is something that the squad lacks. Buying in a player with that speed would cost a lot, hence the Rovers took the risk. Now it looks like the Rovers may hope that Gent, who was always Battys understudy, may fill that role. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The main thing that Batty has/had is natural pace. That was/is something that the squad lacks. Buying in a player with that speed would cost a lot, hence the Rovers took the risk. Now it looks like the Rovers may hope that Gent, who was always Battys understudy, may fill that role. 

Batty has clearly backwards this season and clearly not ready for first team squad duties. Maybe he needs a fresh start and first team football next season

I’m getting quietly hopeful about RB, Leo Duru, based on reviews lately. Sounds like he’s dependable and might have something in the attacking third. I hope he gets a meaningful promotion of sorts, either into first team squad or loan move, for next stage of development.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Batty has clearly backwards this season and clearly not ready for first team squad duties. Maybe he needs a fresh start and first team football next season

I take it you mean a loan? I was thinking the same.

5 hours ago, Rochdale_rover said:

How is Isaacs Whitehall doing?

Always thought he would be the next one in the first team before horrendous injuries .

Is there a chance he can still make it ?

And apart from gilsennen tyjon atcheson and finneran who else is worth keeping an eye on 

Duru

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

What has happened with Ethan Walker. He wasn't even on Oldhams bench tonight ?

He has only featured for Oldham 3 times since signing, and not at all for the past month.  Don't know if its fitness/injury related or that his loan has not worked out

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ethan-walker/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/640893/plus/0?saison=2023&verein=1078&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Bloxham's loan at Harrogate hasn't gone much better 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tom-bloxham/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/907216/wettbewerb/GB4/saison/2023

Edited by KentExile