BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Under 16s lost Premier League cup to Man City after extra time, losing 6-3 after being 3-1 up with 15 mins of normal time remaining. 

Good thing is to see so many of these have already played for u18s, and Finneran u21s and first team, also an interesting name on the bench 

Screenshot_2024-03-07-07-29-35-693_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hollowsr said:

Under 16s lost Premier League cup to Man City after extra time, losing 6-3 after being 3-1 up with 15 mins of normal time remaining. 

Good thing is to see so many of these have already played for u18s, and Finneran u21s and first team, also an interesting name on the bench 

That probably explains why Tomasson was reportedly at the Academy this week. Tyjon has also played several times for the under 21's and I think, along with Finneran has been with the first team. I think the Dunn is David's son.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hollowsr said:

I know Jon Dahl is youthful looking for a man in his late 40s but sitting on the under 16s bench!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hollowsr said:

Good to know the DNA of conceding late goals is filtering right through the club 🙈

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Good to know the DNA of conceding late goals is filtering right through the club 🙈

I think it was more of a case, of putting so much effort into getting three one up. Then running out of steam.

For anybody who is free on Tuesday night I can recommend an evening in Leyland watching our under 18's in the LFA Professional Youth Cup final. It would have been much better had it been at Ewood or the Breezeblock but nonetheless it's chance to see us win a trophy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Given Rovers Women are at Ewood tomorrow night and it will be the 3rd game in 7 days they couldn’t really play it there I guess.

The pitch is looking better than it has for years and after tomorrow there isn't a match on it until March 24th. I don't know for sure but I don't think we will need to pay anything to Lancs FA as it's their competition. I know for certain that we were paying £2k for each match we played there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

For anybody who is free on Tuesday night I can recommend an evening in Leyland watching our under 18's in the LFA Professional Youth Cup final. It would have been much better had it been at Ewood or the Breezeblock but nonetheless it's chance to see us win a trophy.

its the lancashire youth cup final so its at the LFA county ground

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Replacing our only bit of proper quality with a kid? Sounds like Venkys.

Gilsenan got back from an ACL just over a year or so ago. He’s also physically slight, so you would expect him to be gradually introduced.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

its the lancashire youth cup final so its at the LFA county ground

It isn't always played there though. I have refereed several of these over the years at Preston, Blackpool and Burnley.

16 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Has anyone seen much of Leo Duru?

Another 2 assists and a goal tonight, impressive return for a wing back.

I was about to talk about him too. I've only seen him in highlights I think, but his contributions recently seem to have improved, at least at the top end of the pitch. Hopefully one that's developing well.