BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Feels like the first team would probably lose to a side from the moon right now. And nobody lives there.

Pears and Leo might play better with zero gravity. Actually they don’t  like floaty crosses, so maybe not. 

Well done to the u-21s but they progress on a freak result at West Bromwich.

They are also back within striking distance of 16th in the league table also which brings qualifications for Cup competitions next season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bazza said:

Jack Vale came on as an 80 minute substitute for Motherwell and scored their 5th goal in a 5-0 demolition of Ross County tonight.

Vale's goal at 3:45. Pokes in a sorta 1-on-1 under some pressure. Not optimistic about his chances here, but he does seem to calmly bury chances when he gets them. (I'm sure someone can remind me, but I can't recall him making any horrific misses last year). The problem is more how little he's able to create chances/find space in the first place...

Gent also picks up an assist at 3:18, although just from simply laying off a pass for a screamer of a goal. His 2nd assist of the year, plus got a Cup goal a couple weeks ago. Seems he's now their regular LB after mostly being a sub to start his loan, which is good to see.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Anyone know if there’s a way of watching this tonight without going ?

£5 on Fulham's website & app

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

I can’t believe Gilsenan hasn’t had more of a look in the first team considering our problems out wide. Looks a fantastic player and seems to be mr consistent as well 

Didn't fit JDTs tactics. Interesting that the U21s seem to be lining up 4-4-2. He may get his chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Didn't fit JDTs tactics. Interesting that the U21s seem to be lining up 4-4-2. He may get his chance.

Are they?

I can see it its showing as a 4-4-2 here

But looking at the lineup, I would have it as 3-5-2/5-3-2

Michalski

Duru - Olsen - Gamble - Atcheson - Haddow

Weston - Finneran - O'Grady-Macken

Biniek - Gilsenan

On 06/02/2024 at 12:30, AllRoverAsia said:

This came up on my YouTube

just been watching some of it and the appointment of the  new manager seems to contradict what Greg Broughton was saying in it "we have a style we want to play and we picked a coach to play that way" I think we may be having a re think of that

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

just been watching some of it and the appointment of the  new manager seems to contradict what Greg Broughton was saying in it "we have a style we want to play and we picked a coach to play that way" I think we may be having a re think of that

Let’s be honest no one knows there arse from there elbow. Listening to what they want and what there ambitions are is like watching and listening to my wife go shopping for a dress

• Like 1

2 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

I'm not too sure about that.  

Whilst Eustace was very pragmatic last season with Birmingham, he did become somewhat more expansive this season, and there is the "non league Barcelona" story when he was with Kidderminster.  So I do wonder if maybe he is a little more pragmatic and sorts out the defensive side of things before developing a more expansive style of play.

If so (and only if... I am not nailing my colours to the mast with this one quite yet), then it still follows the original plan, just taking the foot off the accelerator a little

• Like 1

12 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

What a great film.  I may have missed it but surely this is the kind of thing Rovers should be producing to show fans what goes on at the academy.  

• Like 2

All that guff about ‘a set playing style at every level of the club’ was just that. 

TM was different to JDT and Eustace will be different again. Football is far too fluid a sport on and off the pitch, especially in the Championship for that to be a long term reality.

‘Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth’.

• Like 2