BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

All that guff about ‘a set playing style at every level of the club’ was just that. 

TM was different to JDT and Eustace will be different again. Football is far too fluid a sport on and off the pitch, especially in the Championship for that to be a long term reality.

‘Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth’.

Belgium created a super team because every Academy in their country was instructed to play 4-3-3. 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2024 at 19:32, Lancaster Rover said:

I can’t believe Gilsenan hasn’t had more of a look in the first team considering our problems out wide. Looks a fantastic player and seems to be mr consistent as well 

Yeh he is so consistent in the u21s. Any noise around him joining up with the first team?

52 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Interesting that we are currently loaning in another 20 yr old left back who impressed in Scotland.

I suppose aasumig Pickering hadnt got injured then it still in theory makes sense because the loan becomes cover playing occasionally and our own player gets to play regular football.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Batty really needed to go out on loan like Gent.  He's not had the best of seasons with the Under-21's.

Maybe the Rovers thought that they would need Batty over Gent, as cover at left-back, who knows ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Commondore said:

There's an argument to be made that Hanley ended up with the better career. 

It'd be trying to argue against a far bigger bank balance and Champions League appearances for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Hanley had better luck with injuries but he was undeniably an inferior player to Jones.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

It's been said many times already but surely due a spot on the bench ahead of the likes of Markanday 

i agree 100%,i can`t recall markanday doing anything of note in a rovers shirt,he is`nt good enough for this level imo,he`s an easy first course for defenders,all you have to do is  get close to him and he`ll lay the ball backwards,shows no ability to go past or to play the ball forwards

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i agree 100%,i can`t recall markanday doing anything of note in a rovers shirt,he is`nt good enough for this level imo,he`s an easy first course for defenders,all you have to do is  get close to him and he`ll lay the ball backwards,shows no ability to go past or to play the ball forwards

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dilan-markanday/leistungsdaten/spieler/530807/plus/0?saison=ges

Markanday has scored 5 goals for the first team (4 in the EFL cup, and one which turned out to be the winner against West Brom on the opening day of this season in a 2-1 win), so the comment that I highlighted is a little hyperbolic and harsh.

However, I do agree with you that Gilsenan has surely done enough to deserve a spot on the bench ahead of players such as Markanday

• Like 1

It's becoming very hard to justify Gilsenan not at least making the bench.

If they don't balls it up now, it will be 4 wins and a draw from the last 5 league games for the U21s. A massive improvement in form, in fact it's 13 of the 17 points they've earned all season, and Gilsenan seems to have been a key factor in it.

As an aside, only 14 league games played, but 26 teams in this stupid inflated league they now have. I take it teams only play each other once then? Interesting to note that last season's clear champions, Man City, who won it by 13 points, sit rock bottom of the new league. They have 5 less points than the gap they won the league by last year! I think it's clear they no longer take it seriously now there's no relegation and have probably loaned out all their decent youngsters.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KentExile said:

Eustace said earlier today that due to JRC and Fleck injuries, Buckley will now be on the bench tomorrow v Cardiff.  Cannot fathom why Gilsenan cant get a spot on the bench for the first team

Probably because Gilseanan is another number ten, and we already have a few of those.