BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club PR is impying that 9th place is an achievement? Progression or Regression. Your thoughts?

Bowyer has been bailed out by having two top strikers this year. Once we lose those, we become easy pickings for the majority of this division. Keep one of Rhodes/Gestede and we may keep our heads above water next season - lose both and we are sunk.

Bowyer signed one of those top strikers for a pittance, which you fail to mention. He may do similair with one on loan or on a free in the summer.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bowyer signed one of those top strikers for a pittance, which you fail to mention. He may do similair with one on loan or on a free in the summer.

We can't even afford to spend a pittance now. We'll be lucky to get in a striker who can get 10 goals a season - our last two have 0 combined.

But keep believing. Somebody has to.

We can't even afford to spend a pittance now. We'll be lucky to get in a striker who can get 10 goals a season - our last two have 0 combined.

But keep believing. Somebody has to.

Whilst Bowyer signed Gestede for a pittance who has of course delivered the goods, it cost him £1.3mill to get two inconsistent wingers in Marshall and Conway, cost him £1.3mill for one potentially good yet inconsistent CM in Cairney and one absolutely pants one in Evans (yes, Evans reportedly cost us £800k). The only good free signing he has made is Kilgallon (who is made of glass). For every decent free signing we have made there are over double that in utter wastes. Brown, Varney, etc + the number of useless loan players signed needlessly.

Considering the number of pointless signings for positions already covered, whilst other positions remain threadbare, it baffles me how some still have faith. We need a manager who will shrewdly assemble a squad where each signing serves an exact purpose, not simply collecting wingers/signing anyone who becomes available who might be alright.

How people think Bowyer will deliver the goods in the transfer market under tighter restrictions is beyond me.

we are in a close resemblance toblackpool i think, fill on loanees and no care for the team will be the state next season. Mind you some cant even show any respect when we rescue heir rotting carreer.

we are in a close resemblance toblackpool i think, fill on loanees and no care for the team will be the state next season. Mind you some cant even show any respect when we rescue heir rotting carreer.

agree with you on gestede, if he's been quoted correctly then he can do one. Bowyer and Rovers have indeed rescued his rotting career. I just hope Rovers hold out for as much as possible and let him squirm all summer before selling him to the shittest team possible for the most money.

Blackpool is a whole different level of crazy from the world we're in. They only had about six contracted players when the season kicked off. Even if Rudy and Rhodes go i still don't see us being in a relegation battle next season as long as the replacements are adequate (not Brown and varney). It's all about staying competetive till we get the embargo lifted. Stability is key, despite what the half-wits on here say.

agree with you on gestede, if he's been quoted correctly then he can do one. Bowyer and Rovers have indeed rescued his rotting career. I just hope Rovers hold out for as much as possible and let him squirm all summer before selling him to the shittest team possible for the most money.

Blackpool is a whole different level of crazy from the world we're in. They only had about six contracted players when the season kicked off. Even if Rudy and Rhodes go i still don't see us being in a relegation battle next season as long as the replacements are adequate (not Brown and varney). It's all about staying competetive till we get the embargo lifted. Stability is key, despite what the half-wits on here say.

Assuming Rhodes and Rudy depart and considering the lack of goals coming from midfield, do you not think Bowyer will need to have a complete change of tact to make up for those 40 goals? No chance we are replacing such numbers in strikers alone and would certainly require a different style of play to get more out of the midfield, don't you agree?

Barring this, I fear we will be down the bottom end of the table.

Ps "half-wits on here". If those who are vocally critical of GB referred to those who vehemently support him as "half-wits", there'd be cries of abuse.

How much did rudy cost? 600k?

so to prevent us slipping down the table, we need a free or loan player like for like replacement. No way can bowyer pull that rabbit out of the hat.

stability until embargo lifted? Unlikely as we'll need to shift a lot of players out to get it lifted. Actually we'll have to sell them rather than just bin the contract.

if we're stillin this division in 3 years' time and the embargo has gone we'll have done very well

Assuming Rhodes and Rudy depart and considering the lack of goals coming from midfield, do you not think Bowyer will need to have a complete change of tact to make up for those 40 goals? No chance we are replacing such numbers in strikers alone and would certainly require a different style of play to get more out of the midfield, don't you agree?

Ps "half-wits on here". If those who are vocally critical of GB referred to those who vehemently support him as "half-wits", there'd be cries of abuse.

Definitely agree on a different style of play being needed. we need to pass the ball through midfield instead of hoofing back-to-front. Can't remember who but one of the players is on record as saying the team plays to Rudy strengths (hoof to his head) so if he leaves we may go 4-5-1 more often and play to Rhodes strengths instead. As others have said though we need to get the midfield further up the pitch but i'm not sure we have the personnel in the centre. Regardless, Rhodes with a number 10 in behind slotting him through could work wonders, maybe that's why Taylor has been brought in.

apologies for the half-wits comments, not helpful.

Groundhog Gary & The Half-Wits.

Sounds like something that could be playing in the pub opposite King George's Hall.

The problem with that argument is that he's signed 25+ players during his tenure, and Id say that only Rudy is being touted with PL interest.

Theres more likelihood of another Brown or Varney than Rudy with GB.

• Moderation Lead

There actually weren't cries if abuse when a poster referrred to another as an imbecile to be fair. Though there does appear to be zero moderation on here currently.

In my view, we should count ourselves lucky that we're finishing in mid-table and not near the bottom like Wigan, who thereselves were expected to mount a bit of a playoff charge before the season.

We should count ourselves lucky that we're not even crapper? Despite the fact that progress next season looks nearly impossible at this stage? Despite the fact that consistently poor managerial decisions have landed us miles off the objective we are very capable of? Whilst a club as small as Bournemouth get promoted automatically?

No. No I'm not going to do that.

BRFC the most underachieving club in the championship thanks to Venkys Shaw Bowyer in that order or can be in reverse order for the most underachieving team in the championship

Surely that's Wigan. Certainly underachieved but it's rather over egging the pudding saying we've done worse than any other team in terms of expectation.

• Moderation Lead

By definition we've finished lower than last season, so obviously regression. Especially considering we've kept all the players including Rhodes because of said 'promotion push'.

Wigan are a season behind us in relegation terms and in turmoil behind the scenes just like we were a couple of seasons ago. Difference being there behind the scenes turmoil is relatively new whilst ours has settled a bit for now at least. All these comparisons are pointless. If we concentrate all our efforts as a club and team on being the best we can possibly be as we are right here right now we should still be better than the likes of Wigan.

Surely that's Wigan. Certainly underachieved but it's rather over egging the pudding saying we've done worse than any other team in terms of expectation.

Wigan flogged all their best players we didn't wigan didn't have a 40 goal plus strike force.... No need to compare BRFC to any other championship club with the strikers alone we shouldn't be way outside the play offs.. WE HAVE UNDERACHIEVED THANKS TO BOWYER SHAW VENKY'S

Wigan flogged all their best players we didn't wigan didn't have a 40 goal plus strike force.... No need to compare BRFC to any other championship club with the strikers alone we shouldn't be way outside the play offs.. WE HAVE UNDERACHIEVED THANKS TO BOWYER SHAW VENKY'S

we didn't have any star players to flog when we came down and Wigan spent a hell of a lot more money than Rovers since Bowyer has come in...and they've gone down, we haven't.

Archived