BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club PR is impying that 9th place is an achievement? Progression or Regression. Your thoughts?

how has it bombed?

we have Fevre who has been around 16 years. so he has worked under good managers like Souness, Hughes, Allardyce.

Pannu has worked for England Rugby league team for around 4 years.

both have good CV's

and...............................

Have you ever known so many hammies ?

How many times has Lowe had his foot seen to ?

Brown's knee tweaked for close on 6 months !!!

You can go on and on. IMV, they are no longer fit for purpose.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite right Chaddy, we a comms' director to do that kind of thing, anyone know what he looks like ?

What did the clubs lawyers say in court after Degsy cocked up, a club out of control !

So we have a top fitness setup, does that mean all the player are actually fit ?

Why do they look lethargic at times and some prone for injury, allegedly ?

Alan Myers has recently returned to working for Rovers after being off for a while with a health problem.

I think Shaw took one for the team.

did I ever say we had a top fitness setup? I just posted the record/CV's of our leading fitness/conditioning team. look good to me.

Alan Myers has recently returned to working for Rovers after being off for a while with a health problem.

did I ever say we had a top fitness setup? I just posted the record/CV's of our leading fitness/conditioning team. look good to me.

Sorry Chaddy, thought you were bulling them up

Chaddy, you have inferred that they are 'top notch'.

Reputations / CV's are history - it's only current results that count.

Statement made when we turned down bid for Rhodes.

director of communications Alan Myers said: "We have recently received two official bids for the services of Jordan Rhodes from Hull City FC, both have been respectfully and categorically rejected.

"The owners of Blackburn Rovers wish to reassure fans that their intention is not to sell Jordan Rhodes as they, along with the manager and board of directors, feel that he is integral to our bid to gain promotion back to the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Blackburn-Rovers-tell-Hull-City-Jordan-Rhodes/story-22810598-detail/story.html#ixzz3YAMpLIhO

Gary Bowyer - May 2013 "Promotion is the aim"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10448608._Promotion_is_the_aim__says_new_Blackburn_Rovers_manager_Gary_Bowyer/?ref=rss

director of communications Alan Myers said: "We have recently received two official bids for the services of Jordan Rhodes from Hull City FC, both have been respectfully and categorically rejected.

"The owners of Blackburn Rovers wish to reassure fans that their intention is not to sell Jordan Rhodes as they, along with the manager and board of directors, feel that he is integral to our bid to gain promotion back to the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Blackburn-Rovers-tell-Hull-City-Jordan-Rhodes/story-22810598-detail/story.html#ixzz3YAMpLIhO

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10448608._Promotion_is_the_aim__says_new_Blackburn_Rovers_manager_Gary_Bowyer/?ref=rss

bugger

"Rovers may have to reduce their wage bill as they plan for the Football League’s financial fair play regulations but Bowyer says promotion to the top flight will still be the club’s ambition next season."

He didn't actually say it was a target

:angry2:

bugger

"Rovers may have to reduce their wage bill as they plan for the Football League’s financial fair play regulations but Bowyer says promotion to the top flight will still be the club’s ambition next season."

He didn't actually say it was a target

:angry2:

I wanna job, for £1m per year I aim to help the promotion push, but to be clear in no way is this a target or my fault if I fail. However, If it goes well I'll take all the credit.

Fitness bombed when Allardyce and in particular his fitness coach Mark Howard were sacked, Howard is widely regarded as one of the best in the business, he is now at Burnley who were probably the fittest side at Ewood last year, and appear to be one of the fittest in the PL.

So do you think arsenal have a similar issue? They have had a horrendous injury record the last few years.

• Moderation Lead

So do you think arsenal have a similar issue? They have had a horrendous injury record the last few years.

Careful Imy, many on here don't like balance or rationality.

Not close enough to Arsenal.

Closer to home, as one poster pointed out, look at Burnley since Howard went there.

I don't think anyone who watches us regularly can argue that we're a fit side. Most of the players are blowing out of their arses after half an hour.

I'm also sure there's a big mentality issue with wanting (or should I say not wanting) to work hard and, for me, that stems from a lack of respect for the management.

I don't think anyone who watches us regularly can argue that we're a fit side. Most of the players are blowing out of their arses after half an hour.

I'm also sure there's a big mentality issue with wanting (or should I say not wanting) to work hard and, for me, that stems from a lack of respect for the management.

Agreed, a lot of the general in match fitness and frustratingly slow tempo we usually move the ball around coupled with the lack of in your face closing down in most bog standard matches quite simply boils down to the way they are asked to play. What goes on at the training ground. Every now and again, usually when the pressure is on they step it up in games and get stuck in, that lasts for 1 or 2 games whatever the results then it's relax again, as you were lads. Then there is a mini slump or a load of draws because they are knackered and little injury niggles pop up all over.

I'm not sure they all are so unfit because a lot of them do put a shift in over the season but they are probably as a team 10% less than what is needed to be more at it. I'm like a stuck record but everything points to Mr Mild and co and their football style. They aren't demanding enough or 'bold' enough to coach any other way day in or out imo. The team usually being so disjointed and constantly stopping the ball and turning on to their good foot all across the middle certainly doesn't help the tempo.

I see to recall it being worse under Hughes.

"I was always told if you are entering something you might as well try to win it. We’re going to try to win as many football games as we can and hopefully that will get us up the table and in and around the play-offs, and who knows then.”

HA. Yeah right Gary. Change "win" to "draw" and I might believe you.

As for the fitness issues. Yes, many teams have injury problems at some point, however we have had them consistently for the last few years. There might have been a spike of worse fitness six or seven years ago but that's besides the point. When it comes to the in-game fitness and injury records of our players over the last few years, these have consistently been poor. You only have to watch us play to see we lack the intensity of the top teams and are a lot slower both in personnel and in our style of play. I've already been told of the training at Brockhall being all wrong. Too much strength and not enough aerobic, training too hard before match days explaining the sluggishness and the niggles picked up.

Someone is certainly needed to come whip them into shape.

Bowyer just said on Radio Lancs that he's determined to finish 9th.

Honest.

You do wonder what caveats are in his contract.

Seems as though we are happy to reward mediocrity and regression.

Bowyer just said on Radio Lancs that he's determined to finish 9th.

Honest.

Platitudes, Den - every manager does it. Bloody Allardyce was spouting off about every game being important from here on in yesterday, you liked him well enough.

I don't mind you criticising his many flaws, but what's he supposed to say in an interview? "@#/? it, I'm off to Barbados in three weeks, who cares about the last 3 games"

Too many people jumping on him for every little thing nowadays - it's just a sign of what our fanbase has been reducded to in the last few years sadly. Taking childish swipes at every little thing that happens at the club.

or he could stop treating fans as though we are stupid and cant see how bad its been.

Name one manager that does that? Number 1 rule in football management, protect the players. How would it look if he came out and said we've been simply awful since November and as far as I'm concerned that lot on that training pitch are a bunch of lily-livered keaners.

He might gain a morsel of respect from you but would in one single swipe lose the whole dressing room.

Platitudes, Den - every manager does it. Bloody Allardyce was spouting off about every game being important from here on in yesterday, you liked him well enough.

I don't mind you criticising his many flaws, but what's he supposed to say in an interview? "@#/? it, I'm off to Barbados in three weeks, who cares about the last 3 games"

Or he could state that he's determined to win our two last remaining fixtures.

Talking about finishing 9th as if it's some kind of accomplishment is just insulting the fans' intelligence.

Archived