BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Statement of intent

If the rolling contract was designed to expire in June every year and be assessed and then renewed/not renewed at the time, then this would be a sound operating model with a(n over)promoted coach like Bowyer, however it wouldn't be too appealing to a manager. The fact that Bowyer ALWAYS has a year left on his contract is daft to me as it means he's always safe one way or another. Got managerial security even when performing poorly and gets compo if he's potted.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only a years compo at any given time though so that shouldn't put them off paying him up if he was replaced. Saying that though who'd be surprised if he went to Pune and came back with a 3 year deal :huh:

It's only a years compo at any given time though so that shouldn't put them off paying him up if he was replaced. Saying that though who'd be surprised if he went to Pune and came back with a 3 year deal :huh:

I think that would be enough to put me off renewing for next year...

• Backroom

I still remember the absolute disgust I felt when Steve Kean got rewarded with a new contract in Oct 2011 despite nearly a year of abject failure.

Bowyer hasn't come close to that level of disaster, so in theory Venky's should see fit to reward him with a lifetime contract.

Sod the play offs we have the battle for left back to look forward to next season now. In other words watch them swapped and changed regardless of form or watch a left back trying to be a centre half !

Bloody spot on Tomphil- how many games do you reckon it will be both of them starting with Olsson in front of Spurr on left side??

Bloody spot on Tomphil- how many games do you reckon it will be both of them starting with Olsson in front of Spurr on left side??

And why not ..?GB got lucky with Spurr getting injured and Olsson drawn back in to full back .. with Olsson getting forward when he could .

Olsson playing as winger fulltime would create more opertunities for Rhodes/Gestede (if either are here next season ).

With Olsson at full back our defensive record is garbage like it has been ....lets get him positions where it counts..

If there was ever a pair of strikers that needed someone to get to the the bye line and bloody cross it ..its most certainly those two because pace isnt ..ever ..in their armour .

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the first game or Olsson will become the new 65 min substituted player every week. Competition for places is good but going off last season all I envisage is GB having a new position to needlessly swap and change players about ,

Also the thought of Spurr playing centre half doesn't fill me with much enthusiasm. How easily did he get done whilst playing in there last season yet Gaz thinks he did ever so well when in truth he did his best but he struggled, it was obvious.

And why not ..?GB got lucky with Spurr getting injured and Olsson drawn back in to full back .. with Olsson getting forward when he could .

Olsson playing as winger fulltime would create more opertunities for Rhodes/Gestede (if either are here next season ).

With Olsson at full back our defensive record is garbage like it has been ....lets get him positions where it counts..

I'm not sure Olsson is going to be a better option on the left than Conway or Marshall, just remember the amount of assists Conway gets. Maybe nice to do it at the Turd though, perhaps he could do a Martin in that game !

• Backroom

I do think that Spurr behind Olsson on the left will work well. Keeps some pace in the side and allows the following team to be fielded (before considering any additions): 4-2-3-1

Steele; Henley, Killa, Duffy, Spurr; Lowe, Cairney; Conway, Marshall, Olsson; Rhodes.

All players in their actual positions. Daredevil!

When Agnew was potted , we knew it was coming and was executed as it had been privately stated it would , by humiliation . He was abroad on club business and his contract was not renewed , Shaw had to deliver news .

If Shaw or Bowyers contract are not renewed I'd expect in Venkys fashion that they will find out the day their contracts run out

Hopefully Shaw will be potted in the same way too. I am happy to deliver the news, if they have no one else available. It can't come a day too soon.

I still remember the absolute disgust I felt when Steve Kean got rewarded with a new contract in Oct 2011 despite nearly a year of abject failure.

Bowyer hasn't come close to that level of disaster, so in theory Venky's should see fit to reward him with a lifetime contract.

Perhaps it wasn't Venky's making the decisions at that time. What if his agent had more influence than he should have had?

I do think that Spurr behind Olsson on the left will work well. Keeps some pace in the side and allows the following team to be fielded (before considering any additions): 4-2-3-1

Steele; Henley, Killa, Duffy, Spurr; Lowe, Cairney; Conway, Marshall, Olsson; Rhodes.

All players in their actual positions. Daredevil!

Not a bad side but they'd still sit in their own half, pass it slowly sideways then hope for Olsson to go down the left and pick out Rhodes, who has been operating 60 yards away from anyone else ! Safety first at all times you see.......

• Backroom

Not a bad side but they'd still sit in their own half, pass it slowly sideways then hope for Olsson to go down the left and pick out Rhodes, who has been operating 60 yards away from anyone else ! Safety first at all times you see.......

The idea behind that side is to get the best of both worlds. 6 players sat back with 4 roaming attackers. When we're on the up (this is what Bowyer won't do), allow the fullbacks and Cairney to join the attack, while Lowe (perhaps it should actually be Lenihan) sits back with the defenders.

• Backroom

Perhaps it wasn't Venky's making the decisions at that time. What if his agent had more influence than he should have had?

Now, now, we can't say things like that. You wouldn't want to be one of those awful people who indulges in conspiracy theories, would you?

When Agnew was potted , we knew it was coming and was executed as it had been privately stated it would , by humiliation . He was abroad on club business and his contract was not renewed , Shaw had to deliver news .

If Shaw or Bowyers contract are not renewed I'd expect in Venkys fashion that they will find out the day their contracts run out

So you were informed that an employee of the club was to be fired before the employee?

You were also informed that the club planned the 'sacking' to deliberately humiliate the employee?

If I was said employee I would like to see you questioned under oath. As a supporter of Rovers I would prefer you didn't make such statements. We know you were privy to sensitive information, you don't need to remind us.

So you were informed that an employee of the club was to be fired before the employee?

You were also informed that the club planned the 'sacking' to deliberately humiliate the employee?

If I was said employee I would like to see you questioned under oath. As a supporter of Rovers I would prefer you didn't make such statements. We know you were privy to sensitive information, you don't need to remind us.

I like people telling us what they know and I didn't. One of the points of an MB isn't it?

The silence from Pune is deafening the only noise is from GB on the battle between Olsson and spurr never mind push for promotion

"Nudge For 9th"!!

Yup Gary has not gone yet. He was due to meet the owners in Switzerland (they were there last week) but they had to leave suddenly so that meeting didn't happen. They don't do conference calls, so until the meeting with the owners happens the club is effectively in a state of limbo in terms of the playing side of things.. In previous years these end of season meetings have been used to set transfer policy etc.

Although Gary is on a 12 month rolling contract, my understanding is that it now standard in these type of deals to have a date within the contract on which either party can "get out" of the agreement. I very much doubt that Gary is going to be sacked but his contract should have one of these get out clauses.

• Backroom

Yup Gary has not gone yet. He was due to meet the owners in Switzerland (they were there last week) but they had to leave suddenly so that meeting didn't happen. They don't do conference calls, so until the meeting with the owners happens the club is effectively in a state of limbo in terms of the playing side of things.. In previous years these end of season meetings have been used to set transfer policy etc.

Although Gary is on a 12 month rolling contract, my understanding is that it now standard in these type of deals to have a date within the contract on which either party can "get out" of the agreement. I very much doubt that Gary is going to be sacked but his contract should have one of these get out clauses.

Your right, it should, however in a land far, far, away the Venkys don't do things as they should be done, unfortunately.

Archived