BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Statement of intent

I have emailed the club with my concerns that nothing has been looked at yet, no statement been made about last season or the next, asked for the email to be forwarded to Derek Shaw, Alan Myers, Mrs Anuradha Jitendra Desai, Mr Banda Venkatesh Rao and Mr Banda Balaji Rao, hoping that they will contact me, and let our supporters know their intentions for the forthcoming season, and how they can get out of the FFP Transfer Ban. Had a response today, some days later explaining that Alan Myers is out of the country at the moment, and the message has been forwarded to the Directors. Mr Myers will respond to my message upon his return.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have emailed the club with my concerns that nothing has been looked at yet, no statement been made about last season or the next, asked for the email to be forwarded to Derek Shaw, Alan Myers, Mrs Anuradha Jitendra Desai, Mr Banda Venkatesh Rao and Mr Banda Balaji Rao, hoping that they will contact me, and let our supporters know their intentions for the forthcoming season, and how they can get out of the FFP Transfer Ban. Had a response today, some days later explaining that Alan Myers is out of the country at the moment, and the message has been forwarded to the Directors. Mr Myers will respond to my message upon his return.

Surprised you got a reply Hope something positive comes back but highly likely more waffle

All the top brass and so called key people will be on their long holidays afforded by their stable pay packets from the stable club. The lights are switched off at Ewood like their mobiles. Next season ? ....pah.. we'll bother about that when we clock on again in a months time. Rudderless is an understatement.

Surprised you got a reply Hope something positive comes back but highly likely more waffle

The reply came from Elle Withers (PA to Directors) Blackburn Rovers FC,

Hopefully will get a full response to my letter.

The problem for me is that I wouldn't believe a word they said anyway.I only go by results with Venkys which is why I'm depressed.

The problem for me is that I wouldn't believe a word they said anyway.I only go by results with Venkys which is why I'm depressed.

Same here.. We really need a clean sweep throughout the club from team management all the way to the actual owners including the puppet board who are most likely in place to satisfy league regulations..

What sort of football club has no chairman or CE...

• 2 weeks later...

Had a response from Alan Myers today, he is back, and grateful for a response from him. I am told that the owners, manager, players and staff are fully committed to getting promotion for Blackburn Rovers, not easy due to the FFP restrictions. He assures me the owners continue to be fully committed financially to the club and will continue to do that, and make decisions in the best interests of the club. All player sales (players come and go) are made with the best interests of the club. Everyone wants to see Blackburn back to where they belong, and need the support of me and the rest of the fans to do so.

All summarised, all what you would expect. We can only wait and see.

Had a response from Alan Myers today, he is back, and grateful for a response from him. I am told that the owners, manager, players and staff are fully committed to getting promotion for Blackburn Rovers, not easy due to the FFP restrictions. He assures me the owners continue to be fully committed financially to the club and will continue to do that, and make decisions in the best interests of the club. All player sales (players come and go) are made with the best interests of the club. Everyone wants to see Blackburn back to where they belong, and need the support of me and the rest of the fans to do so.

Actions speak louder than words. Every single thing they have done had taken us backwards, made us more inferior and less likely to succeed. Promotion pledges and the continued pretence of PL is an insult to fans. And that's AFTER dragging ours and the club's pride through the mud in the previous three years.

Our decision to roll over, not challenge and hide behind FFP speaks volumes.

I'd love to know how selling Cairney to a direct rival constitutes being in the 'best interests' of the club. He could maybe talk me round if we were able to sign new players with the money or get out of the embargo but neither are going to happen. So sorry but I'm not buying it.

The rest of that all sounds very lovely and positive but talk is cheap.

If it is all genuine then why not have something on the website/radio etc. saying all that and have it coming from the horses mouth in India?

He's already doubling up, communications & commercial director allegedly. What the balls does he know about commercially directing a football club ffs !

get him some boots, size 9 I believe!

Not sure what else he was ever going to say to be honest. Imagine if he where to come out with a "the owners dont care", or "Bowyer needs to get promoted or he's out". As Stuart says, its well past words, action is what is needed.

Surely the best interests of club would be served if the owners did one !

Surely the best interests of club would be served if the owners did one !

Waggy the entire club is being run by charlatans and muppets and after seemingly being '''stable'' the next landslide Is about to take us to a point of no return without having to start again. It redefines incompetence and mismanagement and I really fear for the future of our club now. Its no longer a Bowyer issue , its way past him .This about the owners and Board who are sitting watching this unfold without the faintest clue what to do to try to stop it happening.

To quote Abbey's favourite phrase..............

No matter who comes and goes, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that the club needs to employ an experienced management set up. Without one, we aren't going anywhere.

Will we get one? No.

Rather amazing you get that reply on today of all days. The usual flannel.

Archived