BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Statement of intent

there are many topics on BRFCC at present which are covering the same old ground and have been exhausted from

Bowyer being the right or wrong man

FFP and sales

However for me the important question is what is the plan for rovers 2015-2016

During the Kean era , he did all the talking and it's getting that way now with Bowyer

Where is our communications Director ? Where is the statement for last seasons achievements , did Bowyer have a target ? Did we reach our seasons goals ? If not , why ? What are we doing to address these reasons ?

What's the target now ? Has Bowyer been given one ? What's the clubs immediate ambitions ?

Why have Venky's issued no statement of intent , I.e funding , season targets , player retainment , Managers position ?

I really think now it's close season and season ticket renewals are out , that our owners should be issuing some sort of statement for the plan going forwards .

In four and a half years , we seem to have no plan , no targets and no-one is ever held accountable for season upon season of going backwards .

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a plan Glen, it's a p*** poor one, but it's the same plan now as it was when they took over.

I feel your frustration though, but in all reality, while these owners are here, there simply isn't a way forward. Well there is - but they won't take it. They're too far away and too stubborn, too ignorant and maybe too proud.

We do need some kind of communication. This needs to be from the owners. Last season we had a letter (clearly drafted by Myers) that at least had some kind of statement from Venkys about the way forward. They said they were pleased with the progress made and were still committed to the club.

The silence is deafening. The rare occasions we hear anything from Shaw he tells us nothing new and most of his answers about FFP and the owners are 'I don't know'.

Bowyer appears to be the only mouthpiece for the club and his comments are usually limited to on the pitch matters related to preparing supporters for the worst case scenario of the embargo remaining and our best players being sold. Which hardly inspires confidence ahead of the new season. Contrast to other clubs like Derby, Wolves and Fulham and all the talk is about going for promotion.

Mrs D and the boys will be on their annual leave somewhere and all this petty football club stuff will just jolly well have to wait until the next Venky board meeting, whenever that may be. In the meantime it's as you were lads !

Can't be that easy for them at times, Bowyer can only keep churning out the same stuff as for all he knows the rug could be pulled from under him in terms of players sold. Shelf is scared of his own shadow and never speaks in public anyway, no doubt he'd be first in line as a fall guy though should the new contract (£) warrant it !

• Backroom
Furthermore, the January signings of Craig Conway, Rudy Gestede and Tom Cairney proved to be shrewd and Rovers will start next season as one of the favourites for promotion.

Heh, so much for that. We spent something like five hours in sixth and that was the best we could manage.

"We, like many clubs, face the challenge of the impending Financial Fair Play rules and we will do all that is necessary to comply with that, whilst continuing to assist Gary in his pursuit of success"

What happened there, then?

The club is at a standstill at present. Unless he has gone out over the last 48 hours then the season review meeting hasn't happened yet, until that happens nothing can happen both in terms of selling players or bringing in players.

No one has any idea as to why Gary hasn't been to Pune yet, he should have gone out a couple of weeks ago but for some reason it hasn't happened.

It is a crazy way to run the club, the other clubs in the championship such as Forest who are subject to the same sanctions as us have spent months planning for this window and are now executing their plans (whilst also waiting for the QPR judicial review verdict) whilst we are at a standstill, maybe is back to be "confused in Pune".

The only intent I want a statement about is their intended leaving date

hear hear

The club is at a standstill at present. Unless he has gone out over the last 48 hours then the season review meeting hasn't happened yet, until that happens nothing can happen both in terms of selling players or bringing in players.

No one has any idea as to why Gary hasn't been to Pune yet, he should have gone out a couple of weeks ago but for some reason it hasn't happened.

It is a crazy way to run the club, the other clubs in the championship such as Forest who are subject to the same sanctions as us have spent months planning for this window and are now executing their plans (whilst also waiting for the QPR judicial review verdict) whilst we are at a standstill, maybe is back to be "confused in Pune".

bet they forgot they even own us.

Or maybe the sheredder is working overtime, like the one in Blatters office, making sure there is no paper trail to varying offices and people in Zurich

All the decent players available for free will have long been signed up before we decide what we are doing.

The only intent I want a statement about is their intended leaving date

Summer 2016.. Parachute money all gone

In all seriousness what are their intentions at this moment in time were a club in limbo even stable Gary hasn't boarded his flight for a jolly in pune on Sea

All clubs going about there business especially as next season starts slightly earlier as it's the Euroes, all other clubs pushing ST sales except us.

Nothing in my renewal pack nothing at All... I'll like to know what exactly are some peoples roles down Ewood

there are many topics on BRFCC at present which are covering the same old ground and have been exhausted from

Bowyer being the right or wrong man

FFP and sales

However for me the important question is what is the plan for rovers 2015-2016

During the Kean era , he did all the talking and it's getting that way now with Bowyer

Where is our communications Director ? Where is the statement for last seasons achievements , did Bowyer have a target ? Did we reach our seasons goals ? If not , why ? What are we doing to address these reasons ?

What's the target now ? Has Bowyer been given one ? What's the clubs immediate ambitions ?

Why have Venky's issued no statement of intent , I.e funding , season targets , player retainment , Managers position ?

I really think now it's close season and season ticket renewals are out , that our owners should be issuing some sort of statement for the plan going forwards .

In four and a half years , we seem to have no plan , no targets and no-one is ever held accountable for season upon season of going backwards .

Glen its a good post.

I think we can safely say GB remains in post.

I think the ambition statement has actually been released. There is a quote from GB along the lines of the players are young BUT they have now played together for 2 yrs and have the required experience to push on, lessons learned and we aim for promotion.

I do not expect anything official to be released from Venkys.

finance wise - the kit deal is in place, the new kits are identified and I expect further announcements in the near future. The FFP will still hit us hard enough to prevent some signings HOEVER sales wise, it is clear, EVERY player has a price and UNTIL that price is met NO ONE will be sold.

Player retention/release has been issued. We know from GB where his signing ambitions are lying, freebies and low cost loans.

ST were out earlier than expected AND they gave the promotion price promise !

Glen its a good post.

I think the ambition statement has actually been released. There is a quote from GB along the lines of the players are young BUT they have now played together for 2 yrs and have the required experience to push on, lessons learned and we aim for promotion.

finance wise - the kit deal is in place, the new kits are identified and I expect further announcements in the near future. The FFP will still hit us hard enough to prevent some signings HOEVER sales wise, it is clear, EVERY player has a price and UNTIL that price is met NO ONE will be sold.

Player retention/release has been issued. We know from GB where his signing ambitions are lying, freebies and low cost loans.

So everything is rosy and stable in the garden

Alistair Campbell couldn't of spun it better

Firstly, thanks to Glen for starting this topic and his good 1st post

I agree it is a crazy way that the manager hasn't met the owners yet to discuss next season and his plan for next season. plus budgets have to be agreed surely.

Kamy, I wondering if the owners are waiting for the FFP QPR judicial review verdict is announce?

The best statement of intent would be to sack Bowyer and bring in Warburton.

isn't Warburton going to Rangers in Scotland?

plus the players are back for pre-season training on the 29th of June, so for me, if you were to sack him, it should have happened 2 or 3 weeks ago. it is too close to the start of pre season training

Glen its a good post.

finance wise - the kit deal is in place, the new kits are identified and I expect further announcements in the near future. The FFP will still hit us hard enough to prevent some signings HOWEVER sales wise, it is clear, EVERY player has a price and UNTIL that price is met NO ONE will be sold.

what further announcements are you expecting?

I agree it is good to see the Season tickets are out on sale, Kit Sponsor has been announced, plus the new kits also

Archived