BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Statement of intent

Our decision to roll over, not challenge and hide behind FFP speaks volumes.

Yes given everyone else has - indeed it seems to be a formality - the fact that we didn't is massive. Everyone from Barcalona to QPR have challenged it, when clubs at opposite ends of the table like Boro and Bolton can challenge it - it seems size of club, circumstances etc. don't really have any baring whatsoever. If this is the case then questions have to be asked as to why we didn't challenge it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes given everyone else has - indeed it seems to be a formality - the fact that we didn't is massive. Everyone from Barcalona to QPR have challenged it, when clubs at opposite ends of the table like Boro and Bolton can challenge it - it seems size of club, circumstances etc. don't really have any baring whatsoever. If this is the case then questions have to be asked as to why we didn't challenge it.

Because we have a shelf salesman in charge

simples

It's either sheer incompetence or indifference, either way unacceptable.

Challenging FFP in our position is partially worthless anyway, allowing our current MD and Manager to buy another load of not good enoughs isn't what we need.

IMO Under the current set-up League One beckons, giving them more money only delays that scenario (at best) whilst allowing club debt to continue to grow.

Time for the MD and manager to prove themselves whilst on a level playing field with most of the other clubs in the league.

Challenging FFP in our position is partially worthless anyway, allowing our current MD and Manager to buy another load of not good enoughs isn't what we need.

IMO Under the current set-up League One beckons, giving them more money only delays that scenario (at best) whilst allowing club debt to continue to grow.

Time for the MD and manager to prove themselves whilst on a level playing field with most of the other clubs in the league.

Prove themselves?

Didnt sandy Shaw have a hit which matches our management

My statement to Venky's is go now

Worrying thing is it strengthens their position somewhat in the eyes of the V's if we sell a load more and rake in the money and peg back the debt. They'll just say look what we've done and we can do it again in the next 2 or 3 years whilst maintaining stability. Next time there's a big sale on it's for profit !!! Except WE know it won't work like that but those gulliable twerps will probably swallow it.

You have to doubt if lightening will strike again. Bowyer has been lucky with Gestede, the only one who is classed as a success by everyone. Can his luck continue? (Including becomming manager when the clubs drive and ambition is at an all time low)

Well the chances are he'd still be happy plodding away clapping his hands on the U21's sidelines whilst earning a modest wage. Maybe with no real desire to go out of his comfort zone and try managing a lower level club. By being a puppet on a string for a while he's raised his profile enough to get another job at some level if needs be and will walk away eventually probably set for life !

Real life X factor without the 'X', talk about being in the right place at the right time :rover:

You have to doubt if lightening will strike again. Bowyer has been lucky with Gestede, the only one who is classed as a success by everyone. Can his luck continue? (Including becomming manager when the clubs drive and ambition is at an all time low)

Success at Ewood is now based around financial gain and Cairney certainly falls into that bracket. Marshall will probably be sold for more than we paid for him also, and the keeper is apparently another hot prospect but he's just signed a new deal.

You can hammer Bowyer for many things, and you in particular do, but he can spot a player. Once Gestede is sold Bowyer will have made the owners millions in transfer fees, and we wonder why they don't replace him.

Success at Ewood is now based around financial gain and Cairney certainly falls into that bracket. Marshall will probably be sold for more than we paid for him also, and the keeper is apparently another hot prospect but he's just signed a new deal.

You can hammer Bowyer for many things, and you in particular do, but he can spot a player. Once Gestede is sold Bowyer will have made the owners millions in transfer fees, and we wonder why they don't replace him.

Brainwashing complete. Turn off machine.

Gestede is his one fkin fluke. The rest are @#/?

I still don't get why we didn't sell Rhodes for a profit when we had the chance, especially when he wasn't always a guaranteed starter. That would have fit in with the profit seeking ethos which is prevalent at the moment.

The fact was, up until now, Bowyers primary remit was to get Rovers up whilst buying players who wouldn't lose value. He may well have achieved secondary tasks in buying a squad that could be sold for profit but let's not disguise the fact that he failed his key objective. When he is crying next season about the realities of being a selling club (in a roundabout way), let's not forget he had two years before we reached this situation.

And?

None are good enough to make a promotion challenge.

I'm quite sure all of them have been promoted with teams, albeit not first teamers, bar Killa who was back for sheff United. We've also seen first hand how good those three are, throwing Marshall, Gestede, Steele, Duffy, Tunnicliffe and Spurr that's 9 good transfers off top of my head- only tunnicliffe we couldn't keep.

Hardly 1 in 6- don't let the truth get in the way of your 24/7 negative club bashing rant though.

I'm quite sure all of them have been promoted with teams, albeit not first teamers, bar Killa who was back for sheff United. We've also seen first hand how good those three are, throwing Marshall, Gestede, Steele, Duffy, Tunnicliffe and Spurr that's 9 good transfers off top of my head- only tunnicliffe we couldn't keep.

Hardly 1 in 6- don't let the truth get in the way of your 24/7 negative club bashing rant though.

Of those Marshall is decent once a month and Steele, Duffy, Killie, Tunnicliffe and Spurr pure journeymen who couldn't get into their club teams. Even Gestede only plays when he is in the mood. Bowyer has assembled a team of journeymen. However they are my team and I can't change that.

Exactly. They are 1in6 plodders but on here they are worldies

We are in the championship what worldies are you expecting? Conway is one of the highest assist makers in the league.

Irony is that one of those 'plodders' Cairney has caused a mini melt down on the MB.

Kilgallon is no world beater but then nor were most of Bournemouths squad. We need a team playing with a style. GB doesn't seem to have a style and that is root of our problems IMO.

Well I have a different opinion, I don't think any of them are good enough. They may be better under a different manager but I can only judge on what I see (exc Gestede, the exception).

We've had to do that though because of the idiocy or criminal negligence that went on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- circumstance still dictates our transfer business, it has done since GB took over. Before that we spent stupid amounts - as if we had no limitations. Paying dearly now.

Restrictions, limitations, more recently embargoes - they stop you fishing in the main pond. With what we've had, I still feel we've done well. Not Mark Hughes well, but better than the aforementioned BS circa 2011-2013

9 out of how many? 20-odd incl loans? Personally, I think Spurr isn't good enough for any team with hopes above mid-table. Kill is ok, he just looks miles better than Hanley. Marshall was expensive but will hopefully turn out a decent investment. Tunnicliffe was underused but had something about him, same with Duffy IMO who looked awful next to Hanley. I'd say Bowyer has been plain ok in the transfer market, picked up some good'uns picked up some bad'uns and picked plenty he can't bring the best out of.

Archived