BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Statement of intent

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I despair. It appears that the fact season tickets are out early (with a mealy mouthed, highly unattainable promotion pledge) and the new kit and sponsor has been announced is enough for some supporters to try and spin positivity on our situation.

We have errant, disinterested owners with no plans, we are massively in debt to such a degree that the death knell could be soon sounding, we have people in charge at Ewood who frankly don't seem to give a @#/?, we have an inept youth team coach so far out of his depth it's scary, we have players earning a kings ransom who are League One or Two standard, we have FFP hanging over us which could screw us over for the next few year. And there are lots of other things that I really can't be bothered writing.

People have had enough and I really believe that season tickets and attendances next season will reflect this.

The notion of anything positive at our club doesn't wash with the majority of us anymore, that has been knocked out of us by them horrible people.

Sometimes I despair. It appears that the fact season tickets are out early (with a mealy mouthed, highly unattainable promotion pledge) and the new kit and sponsor has been announced is enough for some supporters to try and spin positivity on our situation.

We have errant, disinterested owners with no plans, we are massively in debt to such a degree that the death knell could be soon sounding, we have people in charge at Ewood who frankly don't seem to give a @#/?, we have an inept youth team coach so far out of his depth it's scary, we have players earning a kings ransom who are League One or Two standard, we have FFP hanging over us which could screw us over for the next few year. And there are lots of other things that I really can't be bothered writing.

People have had enough and I really believe that season tickets and attendances next season will reflect this.

The notion of anything positive at our club doesn't wash with the majority of us anymore, that has been knocked out of us by them horrible people.

An excellent post !

Has any one ever considered in the digital age that they could have dealt with everything by Skype or any other video conferencing media?

Who cares. There is no doubt a case to be made for not dragging him over quite so often during the season and when there is a match the following week but what the hell does it matter in June?

Excellent post. Spot on.

Only thing I'd add to your excellent analysis of the gloom is we're hiding behind ffp. Given everyone else has avoided it like Bolton or manipulated it like QPR the only conclusion is we're happy for it to be in place.

The club is at a standstill at present. Unless he has gone out over the last 48 hours then the season review meeting hasn't happened yet, until that happens nothing can happen both in terms of selling players or bringing in players.

No one has any idea as to why Gary hasn't been to Pune yet, he should have gone out a couple of weeks ago but for some reason it hasn't happened.

It is a crazy way to run the club, the other clubs in the championship such as Forest who are subject to the same sanctions as us have spent months planning for this window and are now executing their plans (whilst also waiting for the QPR judicial review verdict) whilst we are at a standstill, maybe is back to be "confused in Pune".

Sounds like Gary won't be going to Pune to me. Perhaps there are some major changes afoot that no one is aware of. How long is there remaining on Shaw's contract? If it due for renewal soon, perhaps we are about to seem him fall on how sword!

Sod the play offs we have the battle for left back to look forward to next season now. In other words watch them swapped and changed regardless of form or watch a left back trying to be a centre half !

• Backroom

If we have a manager so far out of his depth and players of League 1 or 2 standard, how did we finish top half in the Championship?

Bash the owners by all means (I'll back you all the way), but at least be logical.

Either Bowyer isn't doing good enough with a good championship squad or he's doing a great job with a @#/? poor side. Can't have both.

If we have a manager so far out of his depth and players of League 1 or 2 standard, how did we finish top half in the Championship?

Bash the owners by all means (I'll back you all the way), but at least be logical.

Either Bowyer isn't doing good enough with a good championship squad or he's doing a great job with a @#/? poor side. Can't have both.

Rhodes and Gestede !

Alternately, he's doing a mediocre job with an above-average side?

• Backroom

Rhodes and Gestede !

So they are League 1 or 2 standard? You gauge the squad as a whole, not one or two.

Alternately, he's doing a mediocre job with an above-average side?

Precisely. Neither 'so far out of his depth' nor 'league 1 or 2 standard'.

Rhodes and Gestede !

Exactly. Without 25% of their goals we would probably have been bottom six. For nigh on three years now we have been conceding soft goals despite Bowyer bringing in players. That strongly indicates poor coaching and tactics which Bowyer and his staff are ultimately responsible for. Our League One and Two standard players include in my opinion Steele, Eastwood, two Taylor's, Williamson, Lowe, Varney, Brown, Hanley and Spurr. Under performing players for me are Cairney, Marshall and Evans.

For nigh on three years now we have been conceding soft goals despite Bowyer bringing in players. That strongly indicates poor coaching and tactics which Bowyer and his staff are ultimately responsible for.

See post 30

anyone get the feeling the Rao's are not bothered if they ever were in the 1st place for that matter hence no statement of intent and no one at the club seems to know what's going on apart from they're standing still at the moment...is it the Raos have an exit plan in place ? no more parachute payments after next season..who knows ???

Forget the ST's ( way behind every one else BTW ) coming out and Kit as don't forget the season starts earlier this time - another reason why transfers etc should be being sorted just like others like Forest are doing

I've always thought they'll bolt when the parachutes finish. The club will need almost 100 % funding every season after that and seeing as they appear to be doing that now by stacking up debt what next ? 10 mill was the payment this season so there is going to be a huge hole soon.

When Agnew was potted , we knew it was coming and was executed as it had been privately stated it would , by humiliation . He was abroad on club business and his contract was not renewed , Shaw had to deliver news .

If Shaw or Bowyers contract are not renewed I'd expect in Venkys fashion that they will find out the day their contracts run out

• Backroom

As Bowyer is on a rolling contract, when does it renew for another year, or has it already?

I would assume it's the same as most footballing contracts, between late June and early July. It would be ridiculous if Venky's failed to inform him literally before the day his contract expired that he was not being renewed. Knowing them, they won't have started searching for a replacement either, so we'd effectively be in limbo for the entire summer as we all know Venky's do not appoint people quickly (unless your name is Steve Kean).

When Agnew was potted , we knew it was coming and was executed as it had been privately stated it would , by humiliation . He was abroad on club business and his contract was not renewed , Shaw had to deliver news .

If Shaw or Bowyers contract are not renewed I'd expect in Venkys fashion that they will find out the day their contracts run out

Glen, why did The owners pot Agnew?

I would no problem with Shaw leaving the club but I can't see the owners making a change tbh.

A rolling contract isn't renewed is it?

My interpretation of a rolling contract is that he has 12 months left on his contract every day of being employed by Rovers. and would be due compo if he was sack

I would assume it's the same as most footballing contracts, between late June and early July. It would be ridiculous if Venky's failed to inform him literally before the day his contract expired that he was not being renewed. Knowing them, they won't have started searching for a replacement either, so we'd effectively be in limbo for the entire summer as we all know Venky's do not appoint people quickly (unless your name is Steve Kean).

Bowyer was made manager on the 24th of May and signed a rolling 1 year contract.

if the owners were intending to sack Bowyer then they needed to do 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Pre season training is ONLY 3 weeks away now

• Backroom

Bowyer was made manager on the 24th of May and signed a rolling 1 year contract.

if the owners were intending to sack Bowyer then they needed to do 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Pre season training is ONLY 3 weeks away now

Could the last month or so not have been on his existing contract, with the official one beginning at the usual time of end of June/early July? I appreciate this is Venky's we're talking about so it could well be different.

Pre season may only be 3 weeks away, but it's not like our owners will be aware of that. Chances are they're still trying to work out how we got relegated.

Archived