BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Top 10 Worst Run Football Clubs In Britain

• Backroom

Blackpool have mismanaged their relationship with the fans to an incredible degree, though - and no matter what way you spin it, the way the club was managed last season was an absolute joke. To start the season with hardly a first eleven to call upon is incredibly poor.

We should definitely be higher in the list. If Venky's see this they'll probably think things have improved, as previously we've been in the #1 spot almost by default.

I'd say only Blackpool should be above us.

"At the centre of all of this was chairman Karl Oyston, who was forced to make a public apology for sending abusive texts to a Blackpool supporter and whose Land Rover mocks the protestors with a OY51 OUT number plate."--What a thick sod Oyston is.

Leeds have had a worse deal with owners over the last 10 years. Still not much better now. Rangers too since they were sold.

Both clubs have been in and out of administration. Once we are there then Venky's can go for top spot.

I'm surprised Pompey not in but their damage may have been done by previous owners and the current ones may be ok.

Leeds, Coventry, Rangers, Blackpool can all make cases for having worse owners but there's no way Cardiff, Newcastle and QPR have worse.

Scum simple as that.

The list looks spot on to myself. Maybe harsh on villa and Bolton but wouldn't know who to put there instead.

I dislike venky's but at least they don't take an ego trip in the media.

Cardiff, Leeds and QPR owners are just egotistical on power trips.

Newcastlle are similar to ourselves but with a owner (football fan) who should know better.

and rangers got dragged down to the very bottom (not sure who runs the club know though).

i'd have all 8 of us on a similar scale with Blackpool well ahead.

maybe us around the 4th with Bpool, QPR and Coventry above us.

Not that i would want to top that list

Send a link to the wonkers in Poona.

They'd probably be opening the champers as they're not number 1.

Another thing to add is most of those clubs have had glory days over the course of their mismanagement bpool/QPR/Cardiff-got promoted, Leeds/Rangers-champions league the latter also winning stuff, newc-actually run well as a business making profits perhaps not what fans want, whereas for us (and others on it) it's been nothing but bad, making its own fans feel alienated from the club destroying the boardroom as well as players.

We are the worse run club in the country by a mile, sadly people outside Blackburn have no idea whats gone on here over the past 5yrs.

VENKYS OUT

100 % right !

The owners from Hell !

If this was Man Utd , there would be Panorama specials on TV..

I think we should be higher up people on the outside just don't want to see what's happened to the club. Bolton are an interesting one massive debt I know most of it's to the owner, but they are regressing worse than us. Oystons is just self inflicted and totally avoidable, Newcastle the difference is Ashley put them on a secure financial footing. I could forgive some of Venkys decisions if we weren't burning through cash season after season.

Some bull crap in that list made up by the usual lazy half arsed modern day journalism. No way on gods earth should Bolton be above us. The problem there and always has been is that dodgy git Gartside who probably gets away with it because he's well in with the suits at the FA. Davies has been a cracking owner and they'd never have scaled the heights they did nor have that stadium if it wasn't for him and he still props them up. Not sold to a bunch of foreign chancers yet, no way is he a crap owner.

Qpr the same, a nothing club going nowhere until money came in. Yes it's been bonkers but they did take them up and probably will again. People just completely miss the point when it comes to Rovers and what we were and what we are now thanks to these jokers. They've smashed the club to bits inside out , dragged us through the mud and embarrassment after embarrassment. Yes they are still propping us up but they are only clearing up what they've created. No one knows if or when they are going to bail (apart from Merce :) ) or if things will just blow up. At the very best they've condemned us to the middle of this league for years. It will probably get worse.

Cardiff the same, nothing without Tan. Newcastle, Villa just mard arses crying because clubs with less support out perform them. They are nothing compared to other big Prem clubs fair enough but are they really in such a bad way ?

At this moment in time probably only the scum Oystons are worse than our lot. Over the last five years though the V's have to be number one !!!

I think it's a fair table aside from Newcastle. They are run as all clubs should be; within their means, supported by local products and an excellent scouting system. The fans don't like it.

Although Venkys have monumentally ball$ed it up they haven't (yet - gulp) sunk to the levels of Rangers, Blackpool, Cardiff, Coventry, and Leeds.

How many journalists have asked Gartside his opinion on a 2 tiered Premier League lately? I wonder if he still supports it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/6511001/Phil-Gartside-to-revive-proposals-for-two-tier-closed-Premier-League.html

Villa? Because their owner, who has shelled out over a quarter of a billion, isn't prepared to give them any more?

By no means an Oyston fan, but if you where to guess wether B'Pool or Rovers where most likely to be in business in 10 years time, I know which I'd pick.

There are many factors that make a bad owner.

the main two tend to be:

there's the inability to run the football club at break even and risking it's existence. In that list QPR top the list by a mile but i'd say we are probably second

Then there's the alienation of the fan base. There Blackpool and coventry come top. The reality is our club has not shown any public signs of protesting against the owners for about 4 years now. so the media may see the likes of Newcastle and Cardiff (red shirt issue) as having worse owners then us.

The reality is Blackpool, Newcastle, Cardiff and leeds are running there clubs in a financial secure manner.

the main two tend to be:

there's the inability to run the football club at break even and risking it's existence. In that list QPR top the list by a mile but i'd say we are probably second

Then there's the alienation of the fan base. There Blackpool and coventry come top. The reality is our club has not shown any public signs of protesting against the owners for about 4 years now. so the media may see the likes of Newcastle and Cardiff (red shirt issue) as having worse owners then us.

The reality is Blackpool, Newcastle, Cardiff and leeds are running there clubs in a financial secure manner.

Your right, I suppose the clue is when someone makes a "top-ten" list they somewhat lose the integrity of their view.

the main two tend to be:

QPR have an owner that gives a t0ss, we have owners that can't even tie there shoes laces, we're top of the list.

QPR have an owner that gives a t0ss, we have owners that can't even tie there shoes laces, we're top of the list.

not claiming he doesn't. However the on the criteria of finacial nouse a 130m loss in 2 seasons will bring a club down like QPR down at some point soon.

Archived