BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it should be an interesting first "match of the day" hosted by Mr Lineker after his tweet earlier in the year

Fantastic achievement , despite the best efforts of the FA and referees. Looking forward to the book being thrown at Spuds players

Well what an anti-climax! I was actually out at a festival............probably drinking a Chilean cocktail at the moment Leicester won.

Anyway, all the talk was of Spurs coming for little Leicester, yet in the end it was not so Super Spuds that bottled it big time (typical pussy Southerners, haha).

Congratulations Leicester!!

Just mad and they've only lost three games doing it. Fair play and well done, you've upset the big boys and it's another team that isn't Liverpool that's won it, shame.

I hope the fans savour every moment as it can go wrong very quickly and the crazy thing is I can well imagine them struggling again next season.

No emotion watching that. I am that disenchanted with football that I get no joy from seeing Leicester do well. If anything it makes our current position more harrowing seeing Leicester win the league.

This changes football forever and finally shows up Chelsea and City's achievements for what they actually are... Meaningless. I hope Guardiola gets shown up in England.

To the big boys... You can take your money, your moaning, your big fee's and shove them straight up your arse. This is an achievement and with a lot of hard working English lads too. This is real, yours is plastic.

Well done Leicester.

As The Beatles said, money cant buy you love,

This should be massive lesson to all those wanky clubs(city, chelski, liverpool,man u, spurs, arsenal) that spend 10s-100s of millions every transfer window.(but it wont be, they'll now spend twice as much)

I hope the fans savour every moment as it can go wrong very quickly and the crazy thing is I can well imagine them struggling again next season.

They should really enjoy their last two games. Soak it all up. Remember all they can.

I too have a suspicion that they won't be anywhere close next year.

Just think only two months before Venky's and their just like a family member partnership started their stubborn destruction of Rovers ,Leicester's current owners took over with them struggling in the Championship.

It was just a few years ago, I was reading a bit on their forum because their manager was Sven of all things and I was curious, they were the C-league at that time. How things change. And no, I don't expect all that much in the future but we'll see.

The greatest surprise and conquest in British football ever.

Their preferred lineup cost 22M !

Top for half a season.

And just kept getting results.

Wonderful and emotional moments.

Ps. Had to watch the game on my phone as virgin.media had a fault in my area.

Having watched the whole season, I was furious.

Unexpected? Yes. Improbable? Yes Unprecedented? No Greatest achievement ever? No

Whilst SKY have done a good brainwashing job on the population to make them think football is somewhat superior these days than it was there have always been the haves and have nots.

Only as recently as 1992 Leeds won the league two seasons after being promoted in 1990

The greatest ever achievement was and still is Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest

1977 Promotion to top flight (3rd)

1978 English Champions

1979 European Champions and Super Cup winners

1980 Retained the European cup

To put it in perspective this is like Rovers winning the European Cup in 2019

Forest is the ultimate fairy tale.

But what you need to keep in mind is the vast differences between the haves and haves nots this last 15 years.

In the 70s, I think 7 different clubs won the league, as it was a much more level playing field.

Maybe such times are coming again, with the now vast TV monies. Look at West Brom and Berahino, Everton and John Stones, the middling clubs can now tell the BIG BOYS to do one as they are cash rich in their own right and relegation is not an option.

Your second sentence is what the media would like you to think. Forest didn't have a pot to @#/? in in the 2nd division when Clough joined but went on to break Liverpools growing domination, then conquer europe. The ££££ differences of the two clubs in the 70's are the same as the 2010's. The only difference is more zero's are on the cheques these days but back then £200,000 to £10000 was like £30m to £2m

We live in an age of hype and hyperbole.

I think that there is a carpet somewhere that this will be brushed under:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

I still think what Leicester have achieved is fantastic and the above is nothing more than the Big Boys do every day of the week all around the world...IMHO

I think it's common knowledge that Leicester's owners are super rich and good business people. Good on you.

Your second sentence is what the media would like you to think. Forest didn't have a pot to @#/? in in the 2nd division when Clough joined but went on to break Liverpools growing domination, then conquer europe. The ££££ differences of the two clubs in the 70's are the same as the 2010's. The only difference is more zero's are on the cheques these days but back then £200,000 to £10000 was like £30m to £2m

Sorry not with you? You DON'T think there has been an enormous gap this past decade or so?

From about 2004 till about 2014, the TOP 4 was pretty much sewn up between the same 4 clubs, something that was definitely not the case in the 70s.

For me, things could now change, because a lot more clubs can now pay big wages and buy £12million+ players.

Leicester all over the radio and TV. Sick of it already.

You'd think a Club outside the big 4 had never won the Premiership before. Today's competition, spot how many times the media avoid using the words BLACKBURN & ROVERS today.

The Prize: An all expenses trip to Total Recall, to have your memory of this season erased.

Oh, and Leicester bought the title, bah humbug!

Sorry not with you? You DON'T think there has been an enormous gap this past decade or so?

From about 2004 till about 2014, the TOP 4 was pretty much sewn up between the same 4 clubs, something that was definitely not the case in the 70s.

For me, things could now change, because a lot more clubs can now pay big wages and buy £12million+ players.

The top 4 has been sown up because of defeatist attitudes from excuse making managers who'd rather park the bus before playing the game

The top 4 has been sown up because of defeatist attitudes from excuse making managers who'd rather park the bus before playing the game

So you think Bolton and/or Rovers could have been Champions in the 2000s?

Didn't seem likely to me under say Mark Hughes when our best players were pinched each summer and the top 4 could pay vastly more in wages and transfer fees.

It's all about attitude. Even Hughes was and still is guilty of giving up before a ball is kicked. Not saying it will ever happen again but it should mean the media question the bulls*t excuses managers make

I don't disagree with the argument that Forest's domination of Europe for two seasons eclipses Leicester's one title victory. However, just a bit of perspective here: Only the champions (and European Cup holders) were eligible for the European Cup and it was a knock-out competition back then and in my view it was easier for a lesser club to win it (The modern format was introduced specifically to favour the superpowers and stop the likes of Forest, Malmo, Villa, Bruges, etc getting to finals). Also, in relation to the £££s argument, Forest did buy a few players, including the England goalkeeper, so they were competing for the very best players. Forest winning the league was on a par with Ipswich (early 60s) and Leeds (early 90s) winning it.

In terms of winning the league only, given where they finished last season and what the expectations were, I do think Leicester eclipses every other title victory.

Forest is the ultimate fairy tale.

But what you need to keep in mind is the vast differences between the haves and haves nots this last 15 years.

In the 70s, I think 7 different clubs won the league, as it was a much more level playing field.

Maybe such times are coming again, with the now vast TV monies. Look at West Brom and Berahino, Everton and John Stones, the middling clubs can now tell the BIG BOYS to do one as they are cash rich in their own right and relegation is not an option.

This is why it is an epic achievement - these days Sky, Champions League money and everything else is stacked to make sure the big boys stay at the top. Leicester have overcome incredible odds to upset this.

Pleased for Leicester, pleased for football.

Archived