BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a damp squib. The story deserved a bit better than that finish. I was more interested to see the shenanigans at Stamford Bridge over the Leicester fans in the pub. Chuffed for Leicester but wish they'd had the chance to celebrate in front of their own fans.

• Backroom

That was barely even possible at the start of the season.

This isn't a benchmark this is an unbelievable but beautiful sporting anomaly.

I didn't want another team joining our club initially but this is brilliant for sport.

Well that's our PL win never to be mentioned ever again. Burnley promoted and Leicester eclipse our title win. What a @#/? day. After the week we've had too... Not to forget the previous five years of hell.

@#/? you Venky's.

Finally something to be pleased about.

Spurs choking at 2-0 up. Superb goal from Hazard to win it for Leicester. Well done to them. So glad Spurs haven't caught them - showing their true colours at the end. People slated Vardy for being a bit of a thug but I hope they throw the book at Spurs after the disgraceful scenes towards the end and post that game. Talk about bad losers.

A wry smile at both the blue and while (Rovers) scarves in amongst the jubilant pub scenes but also at the commentator's summary "a tale that will be told and retold as long as football is played on this planet" [or for as long as they are not bought by imbecilic owners who bring the club to its knees and we all pretend they never existed].

Wel done Leicester City!

Well that's our PL win never to be mentioned ever again. Burnley promoted and Leicester eclipse our title win. What a @#/? day. After the week we've had too... Not to forget the previous five years of hell.

@#/? you Venky's.

Would have been worse if Spurs had won. I hope they never win anything ever again.

I was watching Leicester way back at Wembley in 1992 when we were conned by Speedie and Newell scored. It was worth it in the end.

(* Apologies, I'm desperately trying to erase these Venky years from my mind and looking for a fresh start somewhere else).

Would have been worse if Spurs had won. I hope they never win anything ever again.

Maybe yeah, but wouldn't have been as great a feat as Leicester's win. I know we can be proud of our history but the media will make sure it's confined to the really old history books that no one has access to.

So little left for us to hold onto. Venky's have torn us apart.

Maybe yeah, but wouldn't have been as great a feat as Leicester's win. I know we can be proud of our history but the media will make sure it's confined to the really old history books that no one has access to.

So little left for us to hold onto. Venky's have torn us apart.

The media have already taken it off us long ago. The record books never will.

I hate them. Sore losers. They showed us no respect whatsoever at Cardiff - never liked them since.

I was watching Leicester way back at Wembley in 1992 when we were conned by Speedie and Newell scored. It was worth it in the end.

(* Apologies, I'm desperately trying to erase these Venky years from my mind and looking for a fresh start somewhere else).

Kevin 'Rooster' Russell almost did for us in the run in back in 1992, scored that late winner for Leicester at Ewood, I thought it was over for us at that point.

Allardyce, Moyes, Souness, Redknapp, Martinez and all the other defeatist b'stards past and present who make excuses before a ball is even kicked for parking the bus hang your heads in shame. It can be done. Maybe not to the extent Leicester has but top 4 can be the goal of every top flight club. Could this change a stagnated premierleague in the long term? I hope so

With Martin Tyler on the mic, I had to be reminded of 21 years ago:

'Congratulations to Blackburn Rovers, for so long a club with a glorious past, now a club with a glittering future, the cream of the crop, the Champions'.

In a way, Leicester fans can just enjoy it, they know it probably won't end up as a dynasty, but just a season of a lifetime.

For us, it was a wasted opportunity, the 90s could have been our decade, and at the very least, Jack's legacy should have secured the club for generations.

Delighted for Leicester, but feeling very melancholic watching it.

Massive congratulations to Leicester City, well deserved. Great day for the fans. A greater success than ours, but at least we have those great memories.

Spurs may struggle to raise a side for their next game, given the FA charges they deserve for that game.

Incidentally how depressing is it with Carragher and Parker?

Allardyce, Moyes, Souness, Redknapp, Martinez and all the other defeatist b'stards past and present who make excuses before a ball is even kicked for parking the bus hang your heads in shame. It can be done. Maybe not to the extent Leicester has but top 4 can be the goal of every top flight club. Could this change a stagnated premierleague in the long term? I hope so

I said the very same a few weeks ago, cheque book managers need to take a long hard look at themselves for under performing year in year out.

Kevin 'Rooster' Russell almost did for us in the run in back in 1992, scored that late winner for Leicester at Ewood, I thought it was over for us at that point.

I remember it well.

Really pleased for them. Unbelievable achievement but well deserved.

Can you imagine In years to come:

"Dad how did Leicester win the Premiership title"?

"Well son, it all started with Nigel Pearsons son racially abusing a Thai girl during a sex orgy in the owners home country"!

Archived