BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't bet but a quite fancy a cheeky punt on them going down next season.

I'm with you.

If I was a Leicester player I'd be straight on to my agent angling for a move. Stock, and therefore wages, will never be higher than they are now. Some team will be willing to overpay.

Most Rovers fans remember how bad Danny Simpson was. He's not become Paolo Maldini since.

I do have a feeling that Ranieri won't last the season there in 16-17. Expectation will now be sky high, and he too may be wise to do a Kenny (of sorts albeit get a top job).

If his reported bonus is accurate, he should just retire.

I do think the media are going over the top somewhat, particularly the BBC, wall to wall coverage on 5 Live all night and all day, even Radio 4

are giving more coverage than they ought to, number one story on the 1 o'clock news, when was the last time a football related story got that

accolade ? probably the Hillsborough tragedy.

Leicester are not minnows, Accrington Stanley are minnows with a population of 45,000, population of Leicester is 330,000.

I think if I was a Leicester fan from Leicester, I might be feeling a tad insulted by some of the coverage, the media act as if

this is their first season in top flight football.

Still well done Leicester ! well deserved, certainly didn't want Spurs to win it

It's a great achievement for Leicester but I do think they were a little fortuitous this season that so many of the establishment were in a period of decline. You think Man United, Chelsea, Man City et al are going to continue to have down years?

Put it this way it wouldn't surprise me if they struggle next season and end up nowhere near challenging for the title.

I agree that they were fortunate that the "bigger" clubs have been a mess this season, but it was Spurs' best season in god knows how long and they finished miles ahead of other more "established" teams such as Southampton, Everton and West Ham.

Their game is mostly based around counter-attacking so I don't see why they can't be a success next year, providing they don't lose all their key players. Although I highly doubt they will win it as you would expect City and Chelsea to be much better, probably after they've spent another 100+ million.

They'll finish closer to the top than the relegation zone though, of that I am certain. Really hope they strengthen well this summer.

Leicester need to deepen their squad sensibly. Keeping Mahrez is the huge challenge though.

Sadly when we won it, the rest of the Walker family got into Jack's ear and stopped the signing of Zidane, Roberto Baggio and Christophe Dugarry. Had we signed those three we would have been equipped to defend the title and do well in Europe.

At the moment, people are losing sight of the fact that Spurs could now blow coming second and Leicester might have a winning margin of ten points depending on how observant the FA were on the last 15 minutes last night...

• Moderation Lead

Leicester don't need zidane, they can sign matty holmes

I saw Matty Holmes having a fag outside Waves in Blackburn not long after we signed him. It was at that point I knew we had signed a dedicated athlete....

I think Leicester may struggle next season, mainly due to the fact that they have a lot of players who have performed well above their level this season. It is unusual for so many players to up there game at the same time, but there is always the chance that next season they might not all meet those standards. The fall from grace could be dramatic, and this does not take into account any players that might move on.

Presuming Leicester strengthen sensibly and secure their stars, I'd fancy them to create havoc in the Champions league group stages.

Their style of play, could overun European counterparts.

I may be getting ahead of myself. Granted :)

Depends who they get in the groups. If they lucky, they get a decent group. If not, they wouldn't want any of the Spanish or German teams imo.

It was a great achievement by Leicester, but I'll be amazed if they repeat this in the league next season, let alone go on a Champions league run. They would have to invest, because make no mistake, the Arabs and the Russian will not accept another mediocre season again.

Presuming Leicester strengthen sensibly and secure their stars, I'd fancy them to create havoc in the Champions league group stages.

Their style of play, could overun European counterparts.

I may be getting ahead of myself. Granted :)

I wouldn't go that far haha but their style of play will help them. It's mostly just counter-attacking and using pace up front. Probably the simplest one to do. They can play good stuff too granted but this is why I still think they'll be up challenging the top 6 next season.

Meanwhile, Chelsea have announced their home shirts will cost £90 next season.....

Bloody scandalous! Especially as every team in the country only wears them for 1 season now!

• Backroom

The answer is simple, don't buy them. As long as people continue to act like mugs football clubs will treat them that way. Look at Arsenal fans paying £2k a pop for a season ticket. If somebody is stupid enough to pay that for 38(technically 19) games of football and an FA cup every half a dozen years then the club will take advantage of that.

• Backroom

Every article that mentions us seems to try and downplay our achievements under the guise that we bought the title.

Every article that mentions us seems to try and downplay our achievements under the guise that we bought the title.

So it seems......

Ranieri suggested a surprise title winner only comes along roughly once every 20 years, pointing to the examples of Nottingham Forest in 1978 and Blackburn Rovers in 1995.

Forest won the league a year after finishing third in the second tier, while Blackburn, themselves heavily backed financially by Jack Walker, were champions three years after winning promotion to the Premier League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36199417

• Moderation Lead

The answer is simple, don't buy them. As long as people continue to act like mugs football clubs will treat them that way. Look at Arsenal fans paying £2k a pop for a season ticket. If somebody is stupid enough to pay that for 38(technically 19) games of football and an FA cup every half a dozen years then the club will take advantage of that.

Oh aye, I'm too old to wear sporting goods, but still, it's an absolute joke!

But we still won it.

The fact that they feel they have to mention it, 20 years on means that the jealousy still stings.

Good.

Archived