BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to laugh at the extended and continual antics at the recent Chelsea v Tottenham match. I have never seen so much play acting, feigning injury and cheating in one match. There were countless examples of men behaving like spoilt little five year olds but two had me rolling about laughing.

Firstly, Fabregas got his hand stood on. Not content with banging the turf (this has now become accepted as the means to show the ref that you are really, really hurt), he then rolled over two or three times. Hilarious. With no one taking any particular notice, he then forgot he was supposedly in pain, jumped up and ran to the ref to show him his poor hand. Fu@@wit!!

Secondly, during the twenty two player push and shove match (they all run over as if they're going to lampoon someone but when there, they just shove each other), the Spurs player Dembele feigned an 'eye gouge' on Costa. With cheating ingrained in his DNA, Costa then, in the heat of the moment, forgot that Dembele had gone for his left eye and put his own hand up to rub his right eye, then his nose. Priceless.

Dave Mackay, Billy Bremner, Chopper Harris and Co would be squirming with embarrassment.

Must admit CLB. Fabregas was hilarious. When the ref took no notice he went over to the lino to show him the stud mark on the back of his hand. You'd have thought it was a bullet hole! :lol:

• Backroom

Fabregas is one of the nastiest and most sly players in the game.

'Barcelona don't play like that' aimed at Hughes when he managed us says all you need to know about the little tart.

• Backroom

Fabregas is one of the nastiest and most sly players in the game.

Massively overrated too, as Barcelona found out. When the going gets tough, Cesc vanishes.

Now that Leicester have sewn the league up it's now a race for a Champs League spot. Here's 2 to 6 as it stands today;

Spurs - 70

Arsenal - 67

City - 64

Man U - 60

West Ham - 59

Spurs

They are guaranteed a top 4 spot, t's just a case of where they end up. They play Southampton at home and Newcastle away. Will they have the motivation?

Arsenal

Who knows which Arsenal will turn up. They play City away in a probable Champs League decider. Then have hapless Villa at home. They should be fine even with a loss against City.

City

Now that City are out of Europe it's imperative that they beat Arsenal this weekend. A top 4 spot is not sewn up for them yet. They play Swansea away too. I'm no City fan but would rather have them in the Champs League next season than Man U.

Man U

If they win all 3 remaining games - Norwich (A), West Ham (A), and Bournemouth (H) they can reach 69 points. Hopefully they'll get nothing.

West Ham

I doubt that they'll make it but they can scupper Man U's hopes as they play them in their last ever game at Upton Park next week.

The fall has already started for Leicester

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36213387

Every one of those players agent's will be saying to them cash in now while you are at the top

This is where agents spoil the sport. If the move is good for the player, fine. But it's also very tempting for an agent to set up a bidding war that he himself gets a major cut of.

Had to laugh at the extended and continual antics at the recent Chelsea v Tottenham match. I have never seen so much play acting, feigning injury and cheating in one match. There were countless examples of men behaving like spoilt little five year olds but two had me rolling about laughing.

Firstly, Fabregas got his hand stood on. Not content with banging the turf (this has now become accepted as the means to show the ref that you are really, really hurt), he then rolled over two or three times. Hilarious. With no one taking any particular notice, he then forgot he was supposedly in pain, jumped up and ran to the ref to show him his poor hand. Fu@@wit!!

Secondly, during the twenty two player push and shove match (they all run over as if they're going to lampoon someone but when there, they just shove each other), the Spurs player Dembele feigned an 'eye gouge' on Costa. With cheating ingrained in his DNA, Costa then, in the heat of the moment, forgot that Dembele had gone for his left eye and put his own hand up to rub his right eye, then his nose. Priceless.

Dave Mackay, Billy Bremner, Chopper Harris and Co would be squirming with embarrassment.

With stuff like this it's certainly no surprise that some fans (and players) of other sports consider 'soccer' to be a pussies game.

Eric Dier should have had 2 straight reds, both where 'leg-breaker' tackles where the ball was nowhere near and he went for the standing leg (rather than the one with the ball).

As for Fellaini / Huth - at the time its a yellow for Huth, and a 3 game red for Fellaini.

Eric Dier should have had 2 straight reds, both where 'leg-breaker' tackles where the ball was nowhere near and he went for the standing leg (rather than the one with the ball).

As for Fellaini / Huth - at the time its a yellow for Huth, and a 3 game red for Fellaini.

There's a video going round on Twitter of Dier's tackles - he could have in fact had 3 straight reds. I'm still absolutely perplexed as to how he stayed on - they weren't tackles that Clattenberg may have missed either.

• Backroom

Yeah, Newcastle had to win at Villa really. I can't see Sunderland letting it slip now.

Sunderland have two shots at getting themselves safe, Newcastle only one game left and it's against Spurs at St James. They'd really have to win that one, considering the goal difference. Not sure that Newcastle team have the guts to dig out a result against Spurs, even if they're still in with a chance on the last day.

Norwich's final two games are at home to Watford and away to Everton - both winnable. Sunderland and Newcastle could still both go down, though I expect now it will be Norwich and Newcastle.

Archived