BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham - Sunday 13Th September

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear we almost witnessed a mass suicide on this thread when we went 2 down!

I've just read a few pages back, it's bonkers stuff, bordering on insane in some cases.

It was a poor first half but talk about an over reaction.....

A game of two halves really. First half we were dreadful and yet had the chances to go in on level terms. Second half we created numerous chances but didn't take them. We certainly aren't getting the rub of the green at the moment but the, every relegation season I've seen since 65-66 was the same in terms of bad luck. I thought the players responded to whatever Bowyer said at half time and the change - bringing on Koita - certainly improved things. Once again, we started off with the wrong tactics in using Delfouneso behind Rhodes. Rhodes can't play as a lone striker and sooner or later the penny will drop. Our defending for both of the Fulham goals was poor. Hanley made a schoolboy error on the first and the second was poor in that nobody helped Steele out after he'd made two saves.

I thought we did well in the second half but the finishing was poor. Conway and Rhodes should both have found the target from very good chances. Those I travelled with came back in a positive mood after the second half but we need to get points on the board sooner rather than later. The next two games are now huge for us. We need at least one win if we are not to start falling behind. For all the money that Fulham have spent I thought they looked very ordinary in the second half after a bright opening forty-five minutes.

There isn't the slightest suggestion in my mind we were unlucky today because we simply failed to show up in the first half and were extremely fortunate Fulham weren't conpletely out of sight imo. If we'd played for the whole 90 minutes like we did in the second 45 I might have some sympathy with that point of view.

As for not wanting to "start falling behind" I'm afraid we already have done. The only immediate question would seem to be whether we can stay in touch with the teams above or will be cast completely adrift before any remedial action is taken.

• Backroom

I've just read a few pages back, it's bonkers stuff, bordering on insane in some cases.

Indeed. You even had people quoting themselves asking to be banned! ;)

Surely the reaction is just a reflection of the feelings of the supporters?

Today was a game that in reality we needed to win, but alas we fought in vain. The last few years have changed the people that love our club and that emotion is without doubt the one that causes the best of men to react with the most insanity.

It was a poor half, we expected better based on the comments received but instead witnessed a poor showing, contrasting to the comments made prior. It is an emotional game and emotion is nothing if not unpredictable and uncontrollable for most. We needed a strong start and yet we went 2-0, the polar opposite, grit, determination and drive were required and yet we went 2-0 down quivering like rabbits staring at headlights.

Just finished watching it. Not as bad as I thought. Definitely had the better of the chances and a mixture of bad finishing and bad luck. The point still remains that we cannot get a grip on games from the start. Apart from wolves game we have started badly in every game. There is only one way teams go who can't keep clean sheets and it is down. there was nothing unlucky about those goals we conceded, they were just poor again. Bowyer seems to have no capability to change it. He needs to go.

Absolutely spot on,

We are still approaching games like a training session

"lets take the positives we can work hard on the training ground"

Its like the squad is in permanent development, ok we lost, lets try again next game blah blah blah

"Who cares if we played well? We lost." AGAIN![/size]

Its about time the confused Rao's woke up and smelled the coffee we are going down again.

AJ get on the bloody blower to Pune and make the changes we need.

Spot on yoda, I've always had the impression watching us this season and last that all the team has to do to impress the manager is show up well for some part of the game be it 30 or 45 mins.

It's like the result doesn't actually matter which is reflected in the overall performances and of course the eventual outcome.

The supporters don't 'react with the most insanity' down at Ewood, thankfully it's reserved for on here, which is most certainly a good thing.

Has someone hacked your account, if I close my eyes and repeat your post it sounds Indian

;)

I always read it, as a kind of de-brief after a game. Didn't see much insanity, tbh, only extreme frustration, which I share.................................but I'm not allowed anything sharp in here

I always read it, as a kind of de-brief after a game. Didn't see much insanity, tbh, only extreme frustration, which I share.................................but I'm not allowed anything sharp in here

I think you had to be there during the game LV for the full effect!

• Backroom

Gav knows full well the reaction was not for one poor half but for 2 seasons worth of Gary Bowyer. He just seems to be trying his hand at imitating Gordon tonight... he must miss the devil's favourite advocate :P

Surely given your stance 'insanity' is exactly what is required to envoke the reaction you desire?

That doesn't make sense, unless we're on different pages regarding my stance?

Gav knows full well the reaction was not for one poor half but for 2 seasons worth of Gary Bowyer. He just seems to be trying his hand at imitating Gordon tonight... he must miss the devil's favourite advocate :P

Wash your mouth out DE.

You want the owners out, do you not? As such given that few, verbally seem to desire the same at matches, 'insanity' or a change to the polar stance is what you desire?

They are going no where, it does not seem to matter one bit what the fans desire, they would appear to be going no where. Surely given their stance and continued financial funding what is required is a change of advisor? With the right voice as guidance and their financial ability we could once again grace the promised land?

So they take 100% of their chances (incl one given off side) and we miss all our half chances ? Don't get me wrong GB needs to go - but we were unlucky today.

Sides who get promoted aren't lucky all season, sides who get relegated aren't unlucky all season. The reason why we haven't got any points today or not been promoted the past 2 seasons, or hardly been in the top 6 for the past 2-3 seasons is because - WE CAN'T DEFEND and the man who put this team together is the only one to blame.

Not interested in what he has to say, not interested in what team he picks, not interested in how badly we played, or well we played, or how many goals we should have scored. All I'm interested in now is a change of manager because this fella has pretty much lost all of my respect and the only way he could gain that back is to hold is hand up and admit that the fans don't want him, the results aren't good enough and it's time to do the honourable thing and RESIGN.

The longer he defiantly stands in that dugout thinking that we accept what he is putting in front of us is either pig ignorant or blatantly doesn't care about the club... If he did care then he'd look at our current position and walk away. This is going to get nasty and Bowyer needs to realise that this will be his doing the longer he stays in charge.

Have some dignity and RESIGN.

It is suggested that you keep a sick bag nearby when reading this:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13717484.Gary_Bowyer___Unlucky__Blackburn_Rovers_were_the_better_team_in_Fulham_defeat/?ref=mac

Bowyer said: “My main feeling is one of major, major disappointment. We’ve come here, against an expensive side, and we’ve been the better team by far.''

Bowyer quote: ''Overall it was our best performance of the season''

Bowyer quote: “So we said to them, ‘you’re going to have to have a real, real good go and don’t leave anything in the dressing room and out on the pitch. Give it everything you’ve got’. You saw they did that and nationally people have seen it as well.''

He is so so deluded I'm thinking he needs to get into therapy.

Who the hell is AJ - it's doing my head in. ^_^

Why so many old posters with new names?

Where is Abbey? I hope he's ok

Angelina Jolie? Anthony Joshua?

If it's Aled Jones then you need to calm down a bit, his balls may have dropped since he was walking through the air but he ain't no miracle worker man.

An entertaining post and possibly my favourite user name.

Archived