BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham - Sunday 13Th September

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At no point in the game did we look in control... At any minute!... Worst game this year in the Chump.

Second best to a mid-table Fulham, no want to be on the end of a decision whether it be a 50-50, header or the sort. Referee was spot on BTW, our pansy types going down and claiming for anything was a ritual embarrassment.

Poor as i've ever seen us and he needs to go tonight, I'm not going watching a @#/? shower for 90 minutes like that. Devoid of any ideas, the ball is alien to us, do we only practice in training without it? All this @#/? of five passes backwards and side to side without pace astounds me. the only threatening time we got off our seats was a through ball from "Marshy".

Appalling... No excuses, Can't honestly say how bad it was. Second half a mild improvement but yet he will be kept in his job for.

Resign now Bowyer or the Kean treatment at Bolton awaits. A huge downwards step in four years from PL to this, Rovers Fans, happy Venkys????

Only caught the last ten mins, will watch the rest on replay.

Surely if we lose at QPR that's Bowyer gone? Can't see how he will stay.

In fact I'd say he needs a win.

How many times did we say that under K*an?

Nobody in a higher position than Bowyer cares?

• Backroom

How many times did we say that under K*an?

Nobody in a higher position than Bowyer cares?

Kean kept getting the odd win to make 'unlucky' seem viable as an excuse. Esp' against several top sides.

Bowyer hasn't even had that!

We're so bad it doesn't even deserve mentioning, but then again that's the thing really - in the very rare circumstances in which we do clearly score - the ball today 100% crossed the line, there's nothing to even debate - the ref still decides not to give it....there's just no light at the end of the tunnel.

Have SKY got an agenda to keep Bowyer in a job?

These on-pitch interviews with Gaz are pretty nauseating.

That's why Myers is really here with his connections I think. Was never going to be a comms director to the fans as we thought but a propaganda merchant for the club in the national press. Not always a bad thing as we've often got nothing but bad press but now it's back covering and damage limitation.

Second half a mild inprovement???

It was a massive improvement on the 1st half. We domainated the second half and created 6 or 7 great/good chances second half.

Rhodes should have scored a hat trick. Koita hit the post. Duffy had 2 good chances today. Conway shots

Still not acceptable not to turn up in the first half though. We always seem to be chasing the game under GB. I think it said on the TV commentary we haven't taken the lead in a game since April.

As a minor irritant I wish someone would tell Duffy that we're playing soccer not rugby and the idea is to head the goal between the posts not loft it miles over the bar.

By the time Delfy had his chance we we're 1-0 down, Steele had made two good saves from McCormack and Dembele had missed a sitter....................then we went 2-0 down.

But you're right Gary, apart from that we were class.........................

Delusional!

That is 16 goals against in the last 10 league matches (going back to last season)

7 games since we've scored first

Second half a mild inprovement???

It was a massive improvement on the 1st half. We domainated the second half and created 6 or 7 great/good chances second half.

Rhodes should have scored a hat trick. Koita hit the post. Duffy had 2 good chances today. Conway shots

Not sure about that chads. I thought the ball from Koita was above and behind him. Maybe if he was 4 inches taller he'd have scored it, but I was disappointed with the one that hit the post. Good defending though!

Second half was a big improvement, however I put this down to Fulham sitting back and us having nothing to lose. It's incredibly frustrating that we leave ourselves needing 3 goals to get 3 points. We did play some very nice football in patches second half. A total contrast to the first half where we couldn't string two passes together.

The scoreline could have been huge either way. Dembele could have bagged a hat trick for them on another day and McCormack could have added more goals. I don't look at this game as a reason I want Bowyer out, but to our winless run showing fundamental flaws in our set up (on top of previous years). Sometimes games just don't go your way, but I imagine a number of people might argue we were lucky to get a point vs Huddersfield. It's the way football goes sometimes. As Tom and others rightfully pointed out. The goal we 'scored' that wasn't given came from a corner that never was. In the long run, I do believe you make your own luck.

• Backroom

To be fair chaddy when you have suggested on Twitter that we couldn't have asked for any more today your opinion becomes clouded beyond any credibility.

I'm going off the other end of the spectrum in that I will fail to see any positives in Bowyers tenure right now so we probably even each other out.

Yes the second half was decent and we should have scored a few but the underlying message is we should have been out of the game before we even turned up and yet again we walk away with nothing.

Some of our football in the second half was the best I've ever seen from a Rovers side. It goes to show that the players still believe in themselves and, more importantly, the manager. Hopefully this will be a turning point in our season and we can push on now. ^_^

Mods,

dingle alert

Some of our football in the second half was the best I've ever seen from a Rovers side. It goes to show that the players still believe in themselves and, more importantly, the manager. Hopefully this will be a turning point in our season and we can push on now. ^_^

Gary?

Just kidding. However, I don't believe in this 'the players put the effort in so they clearly believe in the manager' nonsense. The majority of players will still fight for a result to prove to themselves, to watching scouts, to the fans etc that they are good enough. All because the players didn't pack up the coach ready for home at half time doesn't mean they believe in the manager.

Turning points are when you win

People asking themselves why we can't play that well at the start of the game fail to understand that Fulham sat back on their lead and invited the pressure. It also doesn't help that the manager picks the wrong XI from one week to the next. Dropping your player of the season at the first opportunity for the one-paced Tommy Spurr (and his killer throw) says it all, really.

You haven't been watching for very long then. When the players ignored Bowyers instructions and went for it we did play much better 2nd half. If the tw** just stayed out of sight in the dressing room all match I think the players we have could do a better job.

BTW good handle ^_^ cetainly one not to draw attention

I just don't see that as an excuse, he thinks we've been playing well :wacko:

That's the big red flag! Pretty much any manager in the world would bemoan missed chances and the officials so you certainly can't blame him for that, BUT GG as you said thinks we've been playing well - not just 40 minutes or so of the whole season. Completely delusional!

That's the big red flag! Pretty much any manager in the world would bemoan missed chances and the officials so you certainly can't blame him for that, BUT GG as you said thinks we've been playing well - not just 40 minutes or so of the whole season. Completely delusional!

Yes its strange I'll give you that, I'm all for backing your players, but every once in a while you need to tell it how it is.

I get the feeling Bowyer went barmy at H/T to get that reaction, everyone in red had and extra yard when they emerged for the 2nd half.

It's no disgrace losing away. Always tough whoever you play.

It is a disgrace however constantly being behind, conceeding against all we play, not placing enough emphasis or focus on the quality and performance of our defence, nor the players occupying it. Its hugely frustrating we lack the professionalism to resolve this issue and our defence remains my biggest gripe against Bowyer. His keeper and full back strategy since day one has been flawed. I was worried about conceeding as many as we score two months after he got the gig. Two years later he's swapping his keepers around, our best full back is benched and our most experienced centre half sidelined, even though we can't buy a win or clean sheets. One nil down before everyone has taken their seat.

He must be a bit slow as there is no other explanation and I said early doors failure to resolve this issue would cost him his job. You don't need to score three to win. He's underachieving badly. 0-0 away would do nicely against most we play and with the likes of Rhodes and Gestede we'd have knicked a few away as well.

We need people in who know what they are doing.

Archived